300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Are you to the point where you'll take any POE? If the offered you the SOO only, for example, would you take that?

Edit: Also, its hard to believe no spot has opened at any of the 4 POE's in over 4 months.
    Sorry to hijack CMU's question, but here goes anyway. I would jog to Minneapolis and kiss someone on the forehead, then I would jog back to the SOO and live in a tent through the winter. I don't care anymore. I just want in.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
      wrong about getting fired.. "at Will employment" is allowed in some states. i stand corrected
      Lets get a few things straight.....

I was working 60-80 hour weeks. I am married with 2 children. If you have children, you would know that this is not a great situation for them considering I would have them sleeping in my office with 2 chairs pushed together to make a bed for them at 11:30 pm on a school night. I was not getting fired or about to be laid off. The reason why I was so busy is because I did a great job and gave 110% and it showed in my work. Most of my business comes from referrals that I generated. I was the fastest growing executive ever in my company which has been around since 1925. When I quit, they offered to hire 2 assistants for me. not 1 but 2. I kept telling them I needed help and they kept pushing it off and finally a person can only take so much before they burn out. It was hard working those hours and still be a good mom. I worked with very confidential material so it is a policy in my previous profession and job that you leave immediately once you quit. Meaning, you go straight to your office and pack your things and leave. As far as letting you go if the BI came around, absolutely!!! If they even think you are looking somewhere else you are let go. I am fortunate that I do not have to work because yes I am married, and I had to stay home once before when my son was diagnosed with juvenille diabetes at a year old. Its not financially comfortable, but we can manage. As far as me not getting a job with the local PD when I quit my other job...I took the CBP test in 4/09. I quit my job in June. I was going to take off the summer to spend time with my children anyway, and my son was starting a new school so I needed to make sure he was adjusted before I went back to work. I planned on going back in the fall which is now. In the meantime, I have passed everything except BI and the report for that is already sent to cbp by the Bi so hopefully one of these days I should be in TSU. I would love to be working, but for the time being, especially since they changed FLETC to 5 months instead of 3, I think my time is better spent with my children instead of me going to find a temporary job.

I sure hope this clarified a few things!! And BTW... I've never been fired or let go from a job. I've always been begged to stay!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
        Lets get a few things straight.....

I was working 60-80 hour weeks. I am married with 2 children. If you have children, you would know that this is not a great situation for them considering I would have them sleeping in my office with 2 chairs pushed together to make a bed for them at 11:30 pm on a school night. I was not getting fired or about to be laid off. The reason why I was so busy is because I did a great job and gave 110% and it showed in my work. Most of my business comes from referrals that I generated. I was the fastest growing executive ever in my company which has been around since 1925. When I quit, they offered to hire 2 assistants for me. not 1 but 2. I kept telling them I needed help and they kept pushing it off and finally a person can only take so much before they burn out. It was hard working those hours and still be a good mom. I worked with very confidential material so it is a policy in my previous profession and job that you leave immediately once you quit. Meaning, you go straight to your office and pack your things and leave. As far as letting you go if the BI came around, absolutely!!! If they even think you are looking somewhere else you are let go. I am fortunate that I do not have to work because yes I am married, and I had to stay home once before when my son was diagnosed with juvenille diabetes at a year old. Its not financially comfortable, but we can manage. As far as me not getting a job with the local PD when I quit my other job...I took the CBP test in 4/09. I quit my job in June. I was going to take off the summer to spend time with my children anyway, and my son was starting a new school so I needed to make sure he was adjusted before I went back to work. I planned on going back in the fall which is now. In the meantime, I have passed everything except BI and the report for that is already sent to cbp by the Bi so hopefully one of these days I should be in TSU. I would love to be working, but for the time being, especially since they changed FLETC to 5 months instead of 3, I think my time is better spent with my children instead of me going to find a temporary job.

I sure hope this clarified a few things!! And BTW... I've never been fired or let go from a job. I've always been begged to stay!!!
        Yo GO GIRL!!!
        who will be watching the children when your at FLETC?
        Test 10/07
        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

My adjudicator says she called about my case last week and that its being reviewed. Hopes to have the answer in a week or two. I hope so.
          I got a call yesterday from someone at KeyPoint. My BI has been submitted to them, and they had a question about why I paid a bill late once. I called them back and clarified and the girl I spoke to said that's the only question she had and that my BI will now be sent to the adjudicator but that she doesn't know how long it will be there, nor when the adjudicator will make a determination [of pass/fail, I believe].

Looks like I'll be waiting in TSU pretty soon just like the rest of you on here.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
            What happens in those cases when a BI wants to interview your current employer and you know once that happens, you lose your job?
            You have a choice to make. You can either not tell your boss, then have the BI tell them, or you can tell your boss. Either way, your current employer must be contacted for the BI to go through. There are no exceptions to that requirement.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• That sucks.. and I think its unreasonable on there part.. if you have a job.. they dont care.. they go to them.. then they fire you.. I mean it should be at least a condition.. we will hire you BUT.. if we get something real bad from this current employee.. then it DEF can effect the hiring. same as.. drug test.. you HAVE to go.. 2 days.. no ifs or buts.. its like none of us have jobs or lives at that?? Unreal.. thats the Govt. for you
              Test 10/07
              TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                Sorry to hijack CMU's question, but here goes anyway. I would jog to Minneapolis and kiss someone on the forehead, then I would jog back to the SOO and live in a tent through the winter. I don't care anymore. I just want in.
                Yep, i'd be in the pup tent right next to ya. I'll being the beer if you start the fire!

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                  I got a call yesterday from someone at KeyPoint. My BI has been submitted to them, and they had a question about why I paid a bill late once. I called them back and clarified and the girl I spoke to said that's the only question she had and that my BI will now be sent to the adjudicator but that she doesn't know how long it will be there, nor when the adjudicator will make a determination [of pass/fail, I believe].

Looks like I'll be waiting in TSU pretty soon just like the rest of you on here.
                  Unfortunately, adjudication is the LOOOONNNGGG part.

Comment

Unfortunately, adjudication is the LOOOONNNGGG part.
                    your NOT lying.. took me over 15 months to clear that.. (well the back ground check)!!
                    Test 10/07
                    TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                      TSU LIST (updated list as of post #17477)

Arizona-TSU 8/18/09 -ivylaw77
                      Arizona-tsu-9/22/09 -ppasiakos

Atl,Ga-TSU 6/30/09-topflightinga
                      Atl Tsu 4/17/09-RJDISPATCH

Buffalo,NY TSU-4/2/09-JKNOBBY
                      Buffalo,NY-TS U 4/24/09-DRCAPP
                      Buffalo, NY-TSU -4/24/09-gork315
                      Buffalo NY-TSU 4/28/09 -CBP14051
                      Buffalo,NY 4/29/09-BFLOGIRL
                      BUFFALO,NY-TSU 05/07/09-ANTHONY30
                      Buffalo,ny-TSU 5/22/09-waitnc
                      Buffalo,ny -TSU 6/12/09 Dcos24
                      Buffalo, NY-TSU 6/29/09- Chuckb88
                      Buffalo, NY - TSU 07/15/2008-bufhop1
                      Buffalo NY TSU 9/02/08-dangerusman

DULLES TSU 6/9/2009-DFRANK

EAST TX, TSU 12-01-08- TX CBP
                      East TX -4/1/09-apay22
                      East Texas-TSU - 7/2/2009-PETEYLAW06
                      East TX: TSU 7-10-09-texascbp
                      East TX TSU -07/10/09-TX54
                      EAST TX TSU:8/6/09-TX GIRL
                      EAST TX TSU 8-27-09- USMC0844

FL all Other TSU 3-12-09/ Federalyhood
                      FL all other-TSU 4/21/09-RAFA
                      Fl (other).TSU02/23/09 -DNVRMAN
                      FL OTHER LOC.-TSU-8/07/09 -FLSTATE1

ILLINOIS- 4/16/09 TSU-BLK98GT
                      Illinois TSU- is 4/16/09-GT
                      Illinois TSU-4/30/09-BILLYHOYLE

JFK-03/26/2009- When
                      NY/JFK - TSU 6/2/2009-TuffStuffCBP
                      jfk tsu-7/2/09-schem86
                      JFK tsu-8/28/2009-showt1me78

Lax/lb-TSU 3/04/09-FLYONE2GO
                      LAX/Lb Tsu 5/12/09-davidb
                      LAX/LB - TSU 5/28/2009- ZODIAC76
                      LA/Long Beach-7/2/09-STW1266
                      LAX/LB TSU -Tsu: 7/8/09-LH225

Maine(jackman)tsu-9/9/09-tg327

Miami-TSU 02/27/09-BLESSED
                      Miami-TSU - 3/10/09-GForceMiami
                      Miami, FL TSU 3-23-2009 - COLINM112
                      Miami - 4/14/2009-GRULLJ
                      Miami- TSU - 04/24/09-thek9
                      MIAMI TSU 4/30/09-fiqueroa23
                      MIAMI AIRPORT/SEAPORT 4/28/09- Darth Vader
                      Miami-tsu-6/24/09- Tepponi
                      Miami,TSU- 07/17/09-akito

Massachuset -TSU since 11/14/2008 -bhov97

Michigan-TSU 4/23/09-cmunupe
                      Michigan-tsu-7-28-2009-NIKNTOL

Minneapolis-TSU- 07/14/09-tsawilly

Montana-TSU 07/14/09-malfurr
                      Montana-TSU- 9/23/09-jnten8

New Jersey -tsu 12/01/08-jrg16
                      Newark N.J.-TSU 12/15/08-JFLORES
                      Newark,NJ-TSU7/30/09-magl23

Northern New York --TSU 05/15/2009 -seeOH
                      NY Other (Northern new york) 5-22-09-IMLIKEANINJA
                      NY other-TSU 7.10.09 -valjean0120

South Carolina-TSU 9/18/09-nj2sc

SW /San Diego-TSU: 04/29/09-VAL D
                      SW (San Diego) - TSU 7/31/09-BOLTS56
                      SW/SAN DIEGO - TSU 09/15/09-SDCBP

SFO/OAK- TSU:03/19/09-BURRELL707
                      sf/oak-TSU 3/26/09-oakrh
                      Sf/oak-Tsu 4/2/09-UOFU76
                      SF/OAK-TSU - 07/22/09 - nubian
                      Sfo/oak-Tsu -09/25/09-friscoplayesf

St. Thomas, VI- 4-15-09-gbeck422
                      St. Thomas USVITSU -TSU: 6/4/2009-EXREBEL

SW Border 9/8/2009 -BEBO

Vermont 5/21/09-BREADBOOZ

northern virginiatsu-4/29/09-tippmann87
                      VA -NORTHERN - TSU: 5/22/09-LAMP LIGHTER
                      Va-Tsu 06/19/2009-MACKABO

Washington Northern Border-TSU: 6/11/09 -KHUE
                      WA/Northern Washington -TSU 8/15/09- Hieroglyph83
                      WA Northern Borders 8/28/09-SR20
                      WA Northern Border- Tsu-9-3-09-AXESWILGER
                      WA-Northern Border-TSU 8/18/09-2g2gn
                      WA-Northern Border-TSU 9/18/09-hurlyburly5

Nobody in PA????????
                      ATF 1811 SA
                      Applied - 10/13/09

CBPO (GEO - Philadelphia)
                      Written Test - 5/11/09
                      NOR (87) - 6/10/09

ICE IEA (GEO - Philadelphia)
                      Written Test - 6/1/09
                      NOR (88.9) - 6/22/09

ICE 1811 SA
                      Written Test - 7/28/09
                      Written - Passed - 8/10/09
                      NOR (80.5 ugggh)

Comment

• Originally posted by MontgCounty33 View Post
                        Nobody in PA????????
                        Hey just curious.. I see you applied and going for .. I think most of the Govt. Law enforcement jobs... Question.. if ALL called you today.. which one would you say yes to????
                        Test 10/07
                        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• nope no Pa. tsu'ers ..thats is the most current list i have.
                          CBPO

Comment

Are you to the point where you'll take any POE? If the offered you the SOO only, for example, would you take that?

Edit: Also, its hard to believe no spot has opened at any of the 4 POE's in over 4 months.
                            I was at that point when I originally went into TSU. I wasn't aware of these different forums until after that time, so I was in complete darkness about this process. Sometimes I wish I was still as clueless, just to minimize stress.

I agreee that it's hard to believe that no spot has opened up for the 4 POEs. I talked to a guy right after I went into TSU who claimed that he accepted the last position offered in the Soo.
                            Written Test: 3/08
                            NOR: 4/08
                            TO: 4/08
                            Medical: 4/08
                            Fitness: 6/08
                            VBT: 6/08
                            Met with investigator: 10/08
                            Received NOPA: 11/08
                            Won appeal: 3/09
                            TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                            New fitness: 7/28/09
                            Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
                              That sucks.. and I think its unreasonable on there part.. if you have a job.. they dont care.. they go to them.. then they fire you.. I mean it should be at least a condition.. we will hire you BUT.. if we get something real bad from this current employee.. then it DEF can effect the hiring. same as.. drug test.. you HAVE to go.. 2 days.. no ifs or buts.. its like none of us have jobs or lives at that?? Unreal.. thats the Govt. for you
                              You're the person wanting the job. You have to prove your qualified for it. The BI is there to prove you are not qualified for it. It really is that simple. It is just business nothing else. In my case I had it simple. My old job told me my position had gone away when they let me know my BI had been done, so I applied for CBP. Then my old job gave me an offer. The adjudicator for CBP screwed up the process and sent me a NOPA. I had to explain that the issue was a non-issue and they didn't know what they were talking about. Because I received the NOPA and I had at the time been cleared for TS access, I had to finish the BI for CBP. So when they came by my work, I was still on the fence about leaving my old job. I simply told the boss that I didn't think I would be leaving, but because of the NOPA, I didn't want to have to explain why I had a clearance denied on all future BI's I would have. Since the my old job was as a BI for OPM, he didn't have any problems with talking with the investigator(who also happened to be a family friend of my bosses dad).

As far as the drug test they give you a short notice because some drugs exit your system quickly, normally longer than the notice you receive.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                You're the person wanting the job. You have to prove your qualified for it. The BI is there to prove you are not qualified for it. It really is that simple. It is just business nothing else. In my case I had it simple. My old job told me my position had gone away when they let me know my BI had been done, so I applied for CBP. Then my old job gave me an offer. The adjudicator for CBP screwed up the process and sent me a NOPA. I had to explain that the issue was a non-issue and they didn't know what they were talking about. Because I received the NOPA and I had at the time been cleared for TS access, I had to finish the BI for CBP. So when they came by my work, I was still on the fence about leaving my old job. I simply told the boss that I didn't think I would be leaving, but because of the NOPA, I didn't want to have to explain why I had a clearance denied on all future BI's I would have. Since the my old job was as a BI for OPM, he didn't have any problems with talking with the investigator(who also happened to be a family friend of my bosses dad).

As far as the drug test they give you a short notice because some drugs exit your system quickly, normally longer than the notice you receive.
                                I understand the process been in this for 2 years.. I'm alredy at TSU... but still not fair. to the extent.. you just start a job.. and you dont have the time.. its not ALWAYS about wanting the job bad.. people have bills and mouths to feed.. so sorry that's a little selfish thinking.. "how bad you want the job" I mean I had started this job last year.. had to do it.. but had to lie to my present job.. I'm sick.. etc etc.. The drug thing I can Totally understand.. But its a urine test (NOT SAYING I DO OR DID) but I know people that can take stuff to cleanse yourself for the day.. When your on the job its different.. they tell you .. you have to go take the test..
                                Test 10/07
                                TSU 8/24/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6930 users online. 336 members and 6594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X