300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    No, because that decision does not immediately promote 5's and 7's which is the slots you need to open up as an entry level hire.
    Then again it can help...when you move the others.. that makes more room to move up.. but you still have to wait (for every year to pass) to upgrade.
    Test 10/07
    TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
      Then again it can help...when you move the others.. that makes more room to move up.. but you still have to wait (for every year to pass) to upgrade.
      Not really, because everyone goes from 9 to 11 no matter how many 11's there are.

Comment

Not really, because everyone goes from 9 to 11 no matter how many 11's there are.
        well I know that every port.. when doing count check.. needs a certain # of all grades 5's 7's etc. etc. all the way up
        Test 10/07
        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

well I know that every port.. when doing count check.. needs a certain # of all grades 5's 7's etc. etc. all the way up
          There is no relation between the 12's and new hires. Its a nice suprise for the old timers, but for applicants it will just be the norm by the time you got 3 or 4 years on the job.

Comment

• Barnaj: How long you been waiting? when did you take the test?
            Last edited by justwaiting; 10-15-2009, 02:11 PM.
            Test 10/07
            TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Barnaj: How long you been waiting? when did you take the test?
              Well for this time around i applied in August '08, but they used my test score of 90 from May '06. BI been pending since October '08. Already re-tested for my fit and med tests. My VBT actually will be 3 years old this coming January, Im hoping i wont have to that again too!

Edit: All total ive had 2 full BI's, taken the med and fit tests 3 times each and have had the drug test 3 times. Not too mention did the CBPI academy once at FLETC already!
              Last edited by barnaj; 10-15-2009, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Well for this time around i applied in August '08, but they used my test score of 90 from May '06. BI been pending since October '08. Already re-tested for my fit and med tests. My VBT actually will be 3 years old this coming January, Im hoping i wont have to that again too!
                May 06?? what happen? why re-tested?
                I took my test Nov 07 did everything met with investigator by May 08.. I just cleared my BI Aug 09 also TSU Aug.. could be frustrating.. but hey I thank God still have a job
                Test 10/07
                TSU 8/24/09

Comment

May 06?? what happen? why re-tested?
                  I took my test Nov 07 did everything met with investigator by May 08.. I just cleared my BI Aug 09 also TSU Aug.. could be frustrating.. but hey I thank God still have a job
                  Well i never re-tested, they honored my score. I resigned from Fletc a week before graduation due to a personal matter back home that couldnt wait. That was August '07. There happened to be a vacancy announcement in Oct. '07 and i reapplied but never heard anything. So the next one i applied for was the Aug. '09 vacancy.

Edit: By the way, did you have a NOPA or a hangup? Or did they just drag their feet on your BI for it to take 15 months?

Comment

Well i never re-tested, they honored my score. I resigned from Fletc a week before graduation due to a personal matter back home that couldnt wait. That was August '07. There happened to be a vacancy announcement in Oct. '07 and i reapplied but never heard anything. So the next one i applied for was the Aug. '09 vacancy.

Edit: By the way, did you have a NOPA or a hangup? Or did they just drag their feet on your BI for it to take 15 months?
                    Nothing just DRAGGED there feet...
                    Test 10/07
                    TSU 8/24/09

Comment

Nothing just DRAGGED there feet...
                      No suprise there. The obviously dont get any kind of incentives or performance bonuses for clearing cases quickly.

Comment

No suprise there. The obviously dont get any kind of incentives or performance bonuses for clearing cases quickly.
                        what's more frustrating is that wifey is a officer.. this weekend I went to a wedding... more then half were officers.. when they said (the DJ) all CBP get up for a picture. (even the groom and bride were CBP) I was that's ok.. (hope) by next year I will be there.. I want this job more for stabilty.. cause when I leave this line of work I will loose more then 30k a year.. so its not really about the $$
                        Test 10/07
                        TSU 8/24/09

Comment

what's more frustrating is that wifey is a officer.. this weekend I went to a wedding... more then half were officers.. when they said (the DJ) all CBP get up for a picture. (even the groom and bride were CBP) I was that's ok.. (hope) by next year I will be there.. I want this job more for stabilty.. cause when I leave this line of work I will loose more then 30k a year.. so its not really about the $$
                          Yeah bro, its tough. I was dating a CBPO while going thru the process the first time, i couldnt stand that everyone she new was an officer an i wasnt.

Comment

• Can someone please address this issue...

that last question on USA JOBS searches: "Are you, or were you ever, a Federal civilian employee?
                            The answer to this question will be 'No' unless you are a current or former Federal civilian employee who holds or held a non-temporary appointment"....

If someone is still on probation as a CBPO... are u considered a "status applicant" or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
                              Can someone please address this issue...

that last question on USA JOBS searches: "Are you, or were you ever, a Federal civilian employee?
                              The answer to this question will be 'No' unless you are a current or former Federal civilian employee who holds or held a non-temporary appointment"....

If someone is still on probation as a CBPO... are u considered a "status applicant" or not?
                              You are considered FCIP i believe.

Edit: From OPM.gov

The Federal Career Intern Program is designed to help agencies recruit and attract exceptional individuals into a variety of occupations. It was created under Executive Order 13162, and is intended for positions at grade levels GS-5, 7, and 9. In general, individuals are appointed to a 2-year internship. Upon successful completion of the internships, the interns may be eligible for permanent placement within an agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                                with the current CPBO getting 12's now, what does that mean in respect to anyone waiting in TSU? Does this help in anyway to open any spots? just wondering; thanks all ...anthony
                                It may actually not help at all. The money to pay for the upgrages has to come from somewhere and money is limited.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11586 users online. 436 members and 11150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X