300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
    Come on really?? First of all, why would you quit your job and stop trying for the local PD just because you tested, and passed some of the steps for CBP. (not even being in TSU) and that means you didn't even know anything about the hiring process or else you would have known it takes almost a year on average. (some exceptions ofcourse) Think about it. A normal 35 year old would NOT quit a job just to apply for another. Nor would they stop trying/applying with local PD'S because of the passing of other steps(CBP TO/CBP steps-med,Fit,etc..) You say how bad you want to get a job and be at work..then why quit so soon..i would think A 35 year old would stick with the current job no matter what the job is until a NEW job is a sure thing (offered a job). so by quiting it seems to shows your about to get fired,let go for some reason(s) you are not saying.(only my opion and not saying you were about to get cut or fired)
    Your current employer CANNOT fire you just for applying,looking or even wanting another job. its against the law and actions can be taken. I am pretty sure if you tell your BI that they will fire you for applying for a new job then there is something he can say instead of saying its for a job. As far as being too loyal? Pleaseeeee in the real world- you work where ever or for however long until new doors open. Has nothing to do about being loyal. its needing a job,paying bills,medical ins, and supporting yourself/family. if you don't need the money or have a husband who supports the family, then i guess its a different story then. A boss would or should never get mad at someone for accepting a new/better job. they may be upset or let down cause they lost a good worker but they wont hold it against you for improving yourself.
    so what is your time line? are you even in TSU yet? So if you quit your job when you are not even in tsu yet.. well then it just doesn't add up.
    I won't comment on all of your post just this. Please, realize that different states have different laws. In a lot of states your employer can fire you for any reason or no reason. They are called at will states.

FB

Comment

• She litterally said "I did not quit because of CBP" in the second sentence.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

Your current employer CANNOT fire you just for applying,looking or even wanting another job. its against the law and actions can be taken.
        Not that I don't agree with the rest of your post, but this part is incorrect. Assuming she was working as a LEO, departments can and will let you go without notice if word goes around that you are looking at other avenues. Especially in harsh economic times like these, employers are looking at any reason to tighten up their budget.

Comment

• thanks for the info about at will states..
          CBPO

Comment

thanks for the info about at will states..
            Washington State is one of them. My wife got let go on the first day when she return back to work from our wedding. She took days off and the company she work for discourage that because she is the only one that handle receptionist and customer service. Or is it because she told her supervisor that she was pregnant...? It's too bad, but it is what it is. Personally, I think it's the weakest excuse to fire people instead of laying them off to save them money.
            Last edited by Khue; 10-15-2009, 12:24 PM.
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
              Washington State is one of them. My wife got let go on the first day when she return back to work from our wedding. She took days off and the company she work for discourage that because she is the only one that handle receptionist and customer service. Or is it because she told her supervisor that she was pregnant...? It's too bad, but it is what it is. Personally, I think it's the weakest excuse to fire people instead of laying them off to save them money.
              good point.. i just read 3 pgs. about that topic. so i understand better now. thanks for the reply
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
                Hey Barnaj, thanks for those words. They help in these hard times.
                Yeah, well ya know everyone is the grim reaper until one day they get an offer of employment, and then they are all sunshine. Just the way people are, so there is no sense in getting too consumed by what people say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post

NY is one too by the way but that is against the law to fire someone for being pregnant but you have to be able to proove that is why you were fired
                  CBPO
                  Test: July 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                  Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                  Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Day 175 in TSU. I think I at least deserve a fruit basket or something.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                      Day 175 in TSU. I think I at least deserve a fruit basket or something.
                      Are you to the point where you'll take any POE? If the offered you the SOO only, for example, would you take that?

Edit: Also, its hard to believe no spot has opened at any of the 4 POE's in over 4 months.
                      Last edited by barnaj; 10-15-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Hey, I know I haven't been in TSU as long, but:
                        Are you to the point where you'll take any POE? If they offered you the SOO only, for example, would you take that?

Heck yeah man!!!

Comment

• with the current CPBO getting 12's now, what does that mean in respect to anyone waiting in TSU? Does this help in anyway to open any spots? just wondering; thanks all ...anthony
                          CBPO

Comment

with the current CPBO getting 12's now, what does that mean in respect to anyone waiting in TSU? Does this help in anyway to open any spots? just wondering; thanks all ...anthony
                            No, because that decision does not immediately promote 5's and 7's which is the slots you need to open up as an entry level hire.

Comment

• I tried to post before but got logged off.. I been reading here but nothing mentioned. with the new upgrade to GS-12 that goes for all. but you do loose the double on OT and it turns into time and a half. as some of you know me. my wife is s CBPO so I hear certain things. as for the hiring there was a BIG shot/ CBP/Home land sec. that came to the port and told them that they will DEF be hiring more this 2010 (how many who knows) but they will be hiring real soon..
                              Test 10/07
                              TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• One thing I learned.. They say.. sometimes.. that it goes by TSU date that they hire.. but in the past that has not been the case.. like at certain ports.. if they were short on woman.. they will call up only woman.. so I find out more and more with the Govt. there is no real ... order of things on hiring
                                Last edited by justwaiting; 10-15-2009, 01:48 PM.
                                Test 10/07
                                TSU 8/24/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9404 users online. 312 members and 9092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X