Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Merlin,
    The strings attached are most likely limited to the new guys having to live up to higher academy standards and the old timers reaping the benefits. What are they gonna change other than making sure you have a good shave and polished boots at the POE like active duty military?

Back in 2002, legacy II's and CI's received their journeyman 11's and within a couple of years there were no CI's or II's...only CBPO's doing both jobs.
    Originally, the majority of what are now IEA's were GS-07 Detention Enforcement Officers, they morphed in GS-09 IEA's in '03 or so.

Tomorrow...who knows?

Conceivably, this could be the forefather of a grand plan to merge CBPO's and PA's. It's possible...it's been talked about before.

Comment

• Waiting...My friend who was trying to get in the Army got a call from his recruiter, it looks like the Army got their money and is currently enrolling people!

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
        weird how CBPOs and BPAs like to go into IEA.. i can see travel being nice.. and pay transferring over being nice.. but i'm sure their job gets old just as ours do.
        Another couple of big draws that some have leaped for...it takes people off the border and into interior cities and IEA's tend to work more "banker" like hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Back in 2002, legacy II's and CI's received their journeyman 11's and within a couple of years there were no CI's or II's...only CBPO's doing both jobs.
          Originally, the majority of what are now IEA's were GS-07 Detention Enforcement Officers, they morphed in GS-09 IEA's in '03 or so.

Tomorrow...who knows?

Conceivably, this could be the forefather of a grand plan to merge CBPO's and PA's. It's possible...it's been talked about before.
          Yeah man, at ths point anything is a possibility. Everytime the hierarchy changes, so do the policies and possibilities. Like they say, just keep filing your tax returns and see what happens until you die!

Comment

• Originally posted by emerlad View Post
            WOW, the 12 is the jammie.
            Does OT count towards retirement?

Hence the hold up, attrition just went down...
            Until it's changed, the first 50% of the cap(which is currently at 35K) is creditable to retirement. Or to put it another way...currently your first 17.5K counts towards retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by FPenCo View Post
              You guys crack me up!!!!! I posted my comments as an inside joke to my GF. I have no intention of going to fletc, though I wish you all success in your fed careers. I am in the hiring list with the Los Angeles county Sheriffs dept.
              Good luck to all of you pursuing a career with customs.
              This post upset you guys and gals? Really? Are you all wound that tightly? Believe me, I understand better than most of you ranting about this post. This is a nerve wracking process, but come on! What would you guys do if they let Hunt the Jackal back on here. This guy was just joking and he respectfully apologized. Some of the responses to this joke make me afraid that some of you might be armed shortly. Lighten up and worry about the big stuff. I honestly don't intend for this to sound insensitive or mean, but if your self esteem is that fragile, you may want to do a little soul searching in this wait time. Good luck to everyone, and try to relax a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                Good Evening, Called TSU for a "question" on my contact information. She tells me that at this point the only places they are calling are ARIZONA and TEXAS but they are filling classes every week and eventually will get to the East Coast (NY JFK FOR ME)... SO hopefully this helps with a lil more information.
                My GEO is Arizona so good news! I don't know how many people are in TSU for the same GEO but I hope they call me soooooooooooooooooooooooon

Comment

• Can any Border Patrol agent answer me this??? When I was in the hiring process for Border Patrol I took a Polygraph test. I had no idea they gave Polys but when the administrator called me to set this up I asked him. He told me with all the corruption going on they had to imply a Poly test. I got a guy with the screen name of "BorderPatrol" saying its not true because he works for some department that creates the hiring process for agencies and Border Patrol is one of them. I told him I got called and set up the appointment and Failed the poly. I got a friend from the Army who works for Border Patrol who told me they had no Polys but when I told him about them giving me one he told me that a lot of the new guys had taken them too. So is this just a thing where they give a poly to certain people, a certain percentage or is there something strange going on here?? Cuz I know they called me and set this up, didnt just make up a whole thread about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
                    Can any Border Patrol agent answer me this??? When I was in the hiring process for Border Patrol I took a Polygraph test. I had no idea they gave Polys but when the administrator called me to set this up I asked him. He told me with all the corruption going on they had to imply a Poly test. I got a guy with the screen name of "BorderPatrol" saying its not true because he works for some department that creates the hiring process for agencies and Border Patrol is one of them. I told him I got called and set up the appointment and Failed the poly. I got a friend from the Army who works for Border Patrol who told me they had no Polys but when I told him about them giving me one he told me that a lot of the new guys had taken them too. So is this just a thing where they give a poly to certain people, a certain percentage or is there something strange going on here?? Cuz I know they called me and set this up, didnt just make up a whole thread about it...
                    Do to corruption, it may be a requirement for all applicants now. I think for CBP its random and/or an investigators perrogative if conflicting stories begin to arise.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Do to corruption, it may be a requirement for all applicants now. I think for CBP its random and/or an investigators perrogative if conflicting stories begin to arise.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
                        yeah, i'm currently here in charleston for spanish training. our chief over here received emails from janet napolitano and commissioner ahern.. beginning sometime in january of 2010 CBP journeyman level has been increased to gs-12 for BP and CBP. and some kind of increase for aggie as well but i'm not sure if it's gs-12.. good luck to everyone in the process and congrats to those of us who have just obtained a position.

Congratulations on finishing the Academy and making it to Spanish. It looks like you made it in just in time; a few of us on here have been waiting for CA-SW for a few months (ValD since April). Oh well, hopefully we will join you in SYS or Otay soon. The 12 makes it even more worth the wait.

If you don't mind, and are at liberty to do so, could you tell me/us if you were in the last wave of SYS hires or have there been a lot after you? Take care, and congrats again!

Go Chargers.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Zurita210;2023106]Can any Border Patrol agent answer me this??? When I was in the hiring process for Border Patrol I took a Polygraph test. I had no idea they gave Polys but when the administrator called me to set this up I asked him. He told me with all the corruption going on they had to imply a Poly test. I got a guy with the screen name of "BorderPatrol" saying its not true because he works for some department that creates the hiring process for agencies and Border Patrol is one of them. I told him I got called and set up the appointment and Failed the poly. I got a friend from the Army who works for Border Patrol who told me they had no Polys but when I told him about them giving me one he told me that a lot of the new guys had taken them too. So is this just a thing where they give a poly to certain people, a certain percentage or is there something strange going on here?? Cuz I know they called me and set this up, didnt just make up a whole thread about it...[/QUOTE

I just called my friend who is a CBPO and he said he was told that the poly is mandatory for both agencies now. Since you did not pass the poly, did that disqualify you or did they give you another chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
                            How are you Michigan people not bringing up your "square" pizza? I live in CO but wife is from Detroit and introduced me to Shields/Jets/etc. That is good stuff!
                            I was trying to resist chiming in on the pizza comments....but you hit home (literally) with this one.

JET'S DEEP DISH BLT PIZZA IS INSANELY GOOD!!!!!!

Ok...back to reality....this GS-12 thing is amazing......I will be happy to just get hired and be a GS-7.

Comment

• I just called my friend who is a CBPO and he said he was told that the poly is mandatory for both agencies now. Since you did not pass the poly, did that disqualify you or did they give you another chance?[/QUOTE]

I actually never asked the agency, but ive heard from others that I could re take it again in a few months afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Another couple of big draws that some have leaped for...it takes people off the border and into interior cities and IEA's tend to work more "banker" like hours.
                                ohh i see.. i guess that will be something to consider when i have kids n a family maybe. and when i've got gs-12 or 13 pay. cuz gs-09 just isn't gonna cut it..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12665 users online. 480 members and 12185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X