Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DLA View Post
    yeah, i'm currently here in charleston for spanish training. our chief over here received emails from janet napolitano and commissioner ahern.. beginning sometime in january of 2010 CBP journeyman level has been increased to gs-12 for BP and CBP. and some kind of increase for aggie as well but i'm not sure if it's gs-12.. good luck to everyone in the process and congrats to those of us who have just obtained a position.
    Aggie will be GS-12 as well.

    FB

    Comment


    • What does that mean for us? We would go right from an 11 to a 12?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DLA View Post
        yeah, i'm currently here in charleston for spanish training. our chief over here received emails from janet napolitano and commissioner ahern.. beginning sometime in january of 2010 CBP journeyman level has been increased to gs-12 for BP and CBP. and some kind of increase for aggie as well but i'm not sure if it's gs-12.. good luck to everyone in the process and congrats to those of us who have just obtained a position.
        Aggie will be GS-12 as well.

        FB

        Comment


        • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
          What does that mean for us? We would go right from an 11 to a 12?
          How it appears now, if you are currently a CBPO and have a year time in grade as an 11 you would be made a 12.

          FB
          Last edited by Firebug; 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM.

          Comment


          • 1895 Gs-12


            It's Official!!!
            This should be great news for everyone looking to get into CBP.
            5/7/9/11/12 a nice raise year after year.

            good luck to everyone trying to get in.
            It takes time but now as a journeyman 12 it just got alot better!
            "Watch your threat"

            Comment


            • more $ with the exact same responsibilities? love it

              Comment


              • I'm now litterally chomping at the bit. We are at the front of this line when a number of new prospects are bound to be attracted to the higher allowance.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU


                EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Khue View Post
                  http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/fla...id=44798073001

                  Coming to FLETC near you. This is what happening where I work/school. I think Drcapp is the one that tripped in the video...
                  That is some funny stuff.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                    Acting Commissioner Ahern just announced CBP officer Journeymen level is being increased. More information to follow when received.


                    FB
                    Sweeeeeet!

                    Comment


                    • Good Evening, Called TSU for a "question" on my contact information. She tells me that at this point the only places they are calling are ARIZONA and TEXAS but they are filling classes every week and eventually will get to the East Coast (NY JFK FOR ME)... SO hopefully this helps with a lil more information.
                      CBPOJFK
                      Exam 03/2008---86
                      Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                      Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                      Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                      Drug Test---07/2008 check
                      VBT---07/2008 check
                      Fitness---8/2009 check
                      BI---08/13/2009 check

                      Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

                      Comment


                      • I'm betting that a number of people, both CBPO's and BPA's, who took demotions back to GL-09 IEA's are kicking themselves in the butt right about now.

                        On another note...what will be interesting is what it'll all turn out to mean. It's not often that anybody gets something for nothing. You can pretty much expect some strings attached...if not today then soon enough.

                        Comment


                        • weird how CBPOs and BPAs like to go into IEA.. i can see travel being nice.. and pay transferring over being nice.. but i'm sure their job gets old just as ours do.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            I'm betting that a number of people, both CBPO's and BPA's, who took demotions back to GL-09 IEA's are kicking themselves in the butt right about now.

                            On another note...what will be interesting is what it'll all turn out to mean. It's not often that anybody gets something for nothing. You can pretty much expect some strings attached...if not today then soon enough.
                            Merlin,
                            The strings attached are most likely limited to the new guys having to live up to higher academy standards and the old timers reaping the benefits. What are they gonna change other than making sure you have a good shave and polished boots at the POE like active duty military?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DLA View Post
                              weird how CBPOs and BPAs like to go into IEA.. i can see travel being nice.. and pay transferring over being nice.. but i'm sure their job gets old just as ours do.
                              Probably just like calling themselves an "ICE agent" better than a CBPO.

                              Comment


                              • WOW, the 12 is the jammie.
                                Does OT count towards retirement?

                                Hence the hold up, attrition just went down...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12222 users online. 447 members and 11775 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X