Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Akito View Post
    Hello boys and girls. Quick question, once you are in TSU, whats the longest you can be there for?
    You'll remain in TSU until you are called to EOD. Could be 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years. However, certain requirements such as your physical fitness testing are only good for a certain amount of time and after they expire... you must re-do those tests. Once you re-do your tests and pass them... you're placed back in TSU according to your original TSU date (though it won't say that on the CASS screen). I hope this answers your question.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      LMAO!! Yall are some sick bastards!!!

      Khue..... How did you find out you were in TSU before your BI was cleared. I remember you talking about that awhile back but I was wondering if it was in CASS or did someone call you? Just curious cause thats all I have left for that wonderful green checkmark and to be in TSU.
      Sorry, I have nothing to contribute about pizza, but I have to add in Pho. Google that if you guys don't know what it is. The best stuff on earth.

      Anyways, back to your question. From what I can remember, my CASS shows all the green check marks beginning of June. About couple days later, the screen jump to the TSU screen. Funny thing is that I met the background investigator for the interview on 6/18/09. I am not sure, but I sense my time line is out of whack compared to the rest of you. But being my boring lifestyle, they award me an interim clearance. Currently, I'm in TSU, but I am waiting on the official announcement that I pass my polygraph and the complete background process. They have no feeling for my poor nerves. I am a sad panda.
      Last edited by Khue; 10-14-2009, 11:29 AM.
      _____________
      CBPO - Washington Northern Border
      Test: 2/27/2009
      NOR: 3/09/09 (81% w/o vet.)
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Akito View Post
        Hello boys and girls. Quick question, once you are in TSU, whats the longest you can be there for?
        until your medical and fitness expire. One year from when you took the fitness
        they pull you out and re-test you. It could take a few weeks or a few months. Once you re test and pass they put you back in at your original TSU date.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Khue View Post
          Sorry, I have nothing to contribute about pizza, but I have to add in Pho. Google that if you guys don't know what it is. The best stuff on earth.

          Anyways, back to your question. From what I can remember, my CASS shows all the green check marks beginning of June. About couple days later, the screen jump to the TSU screen. Funny thing is that I met the background investigator for the interview on 6/18/09. I am not sure, but I sense my time line is out of whack compared to the rest of you. But being my boring lifestyle, they award me an interim clearance. Currently, I'm in TSU, but I am waiting on the official announcement that I pass my polygraph and the complete background process. They have no feeling for my poor nerves. I am a sad panda.



          BACKGROUND COMPLETED

          PACK YOUR BAGS. YOU ARE GOING TO FLETC!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by drcapp View Post


            BACKGROUND COMPLETED

            PACK YOUR BAGS. YOU ARE GOING TO FLETC!
            That's great! You are serious right?!?! Really?! Which port do I report to? You're messing with me right?
            _____________
            CBPO - Washington Northern Border
            Test: 2/27/2009
            NOR: 3/09/09 (81% w/o vet.)
            TO: 4/09/09
            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
            TSU: 6/11/09

            Comment


            • Originally posted by shortybop View Post
              Oh wow! This is really bad that we have to be talking about food. I hope that Washington or MHC sees this and understand what where going thru and feel sorry for us and at least give half of us that call.
              I think we are witnessing the demise of this forum. For the most part everything that could have been possibly asked about CBP has been asked and answered. It’s been 9 months since the slow down. In the past people rotated out because they would go to FLETC or terminated from the process for one reason another but those people would be replaced by new applicants with questions. Now the forum has become like pond water, stagnant. The only thing that could change all this is hiring picking up. In a couple months I can’t imagine many of us hanging around this forum to talk about pizza. Right now it’s where we are at, but if calls don’t start coming soon this forum will be dead.

              Comment


              • You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training never. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls might take up to 3 years.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                  Here's a question for you folks. It is purely semantics, but I was wondering if anyone knows the appropriate usage for the term "federal agent?" Is the term only applicable for special agent criminal investiagtors or does it extend to federal law enforcment officers like CBPOs? I have heard arguments on both sides and I'm wondering what your thoughts are. I personally think that the term could be extended to CBPOs as the term "agent" could be deemed a generic term for any sworn federal law enforcement personnel.
                  There's some truth to that. Both "officer" and "agent" are generic terms as well as specific titles. As a practical matter though, you'd have to look hard to find much that officially and specifically labels CBPO's as federal "Agents".

                  Understand that the titles by themselves are utterly meaningless. There are plenty of federal "Officers" and "Agents" who hold jobs completely outside of law enforcement. Transportation Security Officers and Purchasing Agents to name a couple. On the flip side, Postal Inspectors are the equivalent of 1811criminal investigators. So are US Marshalls.

                  What really matters is the offical position description and the authorities attached to it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Khue View Post
                    That's great! You are serious right?!?! Really?! Which port do I report to? You're messing with me right?
                    Interim Clearance For KHUE

                    YOUR EOD Is 10/15/2009 The Port of Your Choice
                    You will Report For Training 10/19/2009 A limo will pick you up at your door, and escort you to the airport.

                    You are a top priority and we do not want anything to happen to you.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                      I think we are witnessing the demise of this forum. For the most part everything that could have been possibly asked about CBP has been asked and answered. It’s been 9 months since the slow down. In the past people rotated out because they would go to FLETC or terminated from the process for one reason another but those people would be replaced by new applicants with questions. Now the forum has become like pond water, stagnant. The only thing that could change all this is hiring picking up. In a couple months I can’t imagine many of us hanging around this forum to talk about pizza. Right now it’s where we are at, but if calls don’t start coming soon this forum will be dead.
                      Agreed.

                      January 2009: "I just checked CASS and my BI cleared. Wait my phone is ringing... OK just got the call! I was in TSU for 14 minutes!"

                      March 2009: "Anyone get the call lately?"

                      May - August 2009: "Hiring always slows down in summer. Wait for Fiscal Year 2010. I just read that CBP is hiring 250,000,000,000 CBPO's by 2012."

                      September 2009: "Did you get the email about no vacancies in your Geo?!?!"

                      October 2009: Another email about no vacancies. A call!!! Half the classes of 2009. Only 29 classes? LSU-Florida football. Only 17 classes? Best pizza.

                      November 2009: Another no vacancies email. One more call. Best hot wings.

                      December 2009: Where is everyone?

                      January 2010: New vacancy announcement for the "Critical Needs" ports of Buffalo, Miami, JFK, Southwest Border, Washington, SFO etc.

                      I laugh, but I cry...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Khue View Post
                        Sorry, I have nothing to contribute about pizza, but I have to add in Pho. Google that if you guys don't know what it is. The best stuff on earth.

                        Anyways, back to your question. From what I can remember, my CASS shows all the green check marks beginning of June. About couple days later, the screen jump to the TSU screen. Funny thing is that I met the background investigator for the interview on 6/18/09. I am not sure, but I sense my time line is out of whack compared to the rest of you. But being my boring lifestyle, they award me an interim clearance. Currently, I'm in TSU, but I am waiting on the official announcement that I pass my polygraph and the complete background process. They have no feeling for my poor nerves. I am a sad panda.
                        Basically, you can get an interim clearance when your fingerprint and name checks show no red flags. But no background is "complete" til you have an interview and they do their field work. With an interim your BI is "complete" as far as CASS is concerned, so you can go to TSU before your BI interview. Thats why people getted pulled from class to answer NOPA's and give more information, etc.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by drcapp View Post


                          BACKGROUND COMPLETED

                          PACK YOUR BAGS. YOU ARE GOING TO FLETC!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                            Agreed.

                            January 2009: "I just checked CASS and my BI cleared. Wait my phone is ringing... OK just got the call! I was in TSU for 14 minutes!"

                            March 2009: "Anyone get the call lately?"

                            May - August 2009: "Hiring always slows down in summer. Wait for Fiscal Year 2010. I just read that CBP is hiring 250,000,000,000 CBPO's by 2012."

                            September 2009: "Did you get the email about no vacancies in your Geo?!?!"

                            October 2009: Another email about no vacancies. A call!!! Half the classes of 2009. Only 29 classes? LSU-Florida football. Only 17 classes? Best pizza.

                            November 2009: Another no vacancies email. One more call. Best hot wings.

                            December 2009: Where is everyone?

                            January 2010: New vacancy announcement for the "Critical Needs" ports of Buffalo, Miami, JFK, Southwest Border, Washington, SFO etc.

                            I laugh, but I cry...
                            February 2010: Another Jonestown with 500 CBP applicants drinking Kool-Aid laced with poison after being told it would transport them to FLETC.

                            Seriously, people will start making progress and new people will get on board. The forum will survive, but in the meantime, might as well have some fun with it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                              Interim Clearance For KHUE

                              YOUR EOD Is 10/15/2009 The Port of Your Choice
                              You will Report For Training 10/19/2009 A limo will pick you up at your door, and escort you to the airport.

                              You are a top priority and we do not want anything to happen to you.



                              Drcapp, this is the beginning of a great friendship. You can be the back guy holding on to my destiny.
                              Last edited by Khue; 10-14-2009, 01:03 PM.
                              _____________
                              CBPO - Washington Northern Border
                              Test: 2/27/2009
                              NOR: 3/09/09 (81% w/o vet.)
                              TO: 4/09/09
                              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                              TSU: 6/11/09

                              Comment


                              • Khue,

                                Just when i thought you couldn't be ANY stupider, you go and do something like this!!!


                                AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10148 users online. 455 members and 9693 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X