Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuggetaboudid!

Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
    You ever had pizza in Chicago? Best pizza anywhere.
    Sorry Gumbahs, but unless you've tried one from the motherland- Venice, Italy to be exact- you haven't tasted a REAL a pizza pie!!
    Timelines:

CBPO
    App: 2/12/09
    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
    Written: 2/20/09
    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
    App: 5/5/09
    Geo: San Diego
    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
    NOR: 7/20/09
    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
    TO: 10/6/09
    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
    App: 8/17/10
    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Is it a bad sign that everything except CBPO is being discussed in this thread lately?

And apparently you guys have not had pizza from Mississippi. That is where the action is at! We got this place called Pizza Hut that you would not believe!
      Last edited by USMC0844; 10-13-2009, 11:03 PM.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
        Well, I can say your right about that about the North East, but there is no where like NY when it comes to Italian food. Mexican food on the other hand I must give it up to Cali and the west coast.
        I've never had Mexican food from Cali before, but the Mexican food here in Texas, I'd put it up against any other States Mexican dish.....Mmmmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmm!!!!
        TO-6/16/08
        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
          I've never had Mexican food from Cali before, but the Mexican food here in Texas, I'd put it up against any other States Mexican dish.....Mmmmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmm!!!!
          My brother lives in Fort Worth and says the same thing about the Mexican food. He says its way better than Cali. He keeps raving about this one spot called Esparanza's. He's kind of upset about the BBQ thing. He keeps hearing how Texas is also the #1 BBQ spot, but can't find a decent spot.

If you want mexican food where they buy the taco shells at the grocery store, try some in Virginia! Absolute garbage!!!! One good thing about moving back to Cali is to get away from that.
          Last edited by Burrell707; 10-14-2009, 12:07 AM.
          Geo Area: SFO/OAK
          Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
          NOR: 09/2008
          TO: 09/25/08
          Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
          Drug Test: 11/2008
          Oral Board: 12/03/08
          BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
          Qualifications: 03/17/09
          Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
          Geo Area: San Francisco County
          Written:05/26/09
          T.O.:08/28/09
          Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
          Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
          Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
            Is it a bad sign that everything except CBPO is being discussed in this thread lately?

And apparently you guys have not had pizza from Mississippi. That is where the action is at! We got this place called Pizza Hut that you would not believe!
            The Pizza Hut in Pascagoula has the best pizza on earth! Thats just me though.
            Geo Area: SFO/OAK
            Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
            NOR: 09/2008
            TO: 09/25/08
            Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
            Drug Test: 11/2008
            Oral Board: 12/03/08
            BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
            Qualifications: 03/17/09
            Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
            Geo Area: San Francisco County
            Written:05/26/09
            T.O.:08/28/09
            Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
            Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
            Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
              I have a question, if moving ports is almost impossible, as told by kc12 and Merlin, how have you been to a different post every 2 years? Are these mandatory transfers or have you been able to move somewhat freely? Merlin has said that he has been at numerous ports as well. I guess I'm asking because if I'm stationed where I want, I don't want them to say that I have to move 2 years later.

Well, officially I’ve been attached to two ports. In my case I took a voluntary relocation 4+ years into this job.
              I also voluntarily asked for and accepted two TDY’s for different locations. On top of that I’ve also been on several “non-formal” TDY’s to various ports within the surrounding area of the ports where I was stationed. For the most part, that would be usually for a day or two to a different port always within commuting distance of my home port. More or less I provided temporary relief in ports that were short-staffed for the day.

I make no promises but I’ll say the chances of anyone being forcibly relocated are slim. Depending on how your port and the local management do things, you might be “required” to commute to nearby ports for a day or so, but a permanent forced move is rather rare.

Comment

• You guys might have the best pizza and the best Mexican food, but New Orleans has such good food!! I don't know if anyone has been here, but the food is just awesome!! It's also probably why we have the highest obesity rate and diabetic rate in the country!! There is nothing like the food we have here anywhere else in the country! And most women here can cook GOOD!! It's almost like it's bred into us or something. I learned how to make a good roux before I could reach the stove. I remember my mom teaching me while I was standing on a chair. Gumbos, poboys, étouffée,s, you name it, delicious!!

Comment

• I can't believe all the food talk aren't we supposed to be eating healthy preparing for FLETC LOL! I've never had good pizza out of Buffalo but Chicago does have a good rep for good pizza. Never been there.
                  So who has the best salads and vegetables? LOL
                  CBPO
                  Test: July 2008
                  TO: 12/26/08
                  VBT 1/21/09-passed
                  Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                  Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                  Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                  BI - Cleared
                  TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                  BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                  Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Oh wow! This is really bad that we have to be talking about food. I hope that Washington or MHC sees this and understand what where going thru and feel sorry for us and at least give half of us that call.

Comment

• I don't think I've felt further away from a job offer than I have this week; that is over the past 2 years of waiting and after I've been in TSU for around 150 days. The last time I felt even close to this distant from federal employment was imediatly after the JFK DHS job fair this past march. I recieved my TO 2 days later.

Unfortunately I didn't know then what I know now. If I had known at application that it would take 3 years to get hired, I doubt that I would have bothered. I guess ignorance can be helpful because I did fill out the application and am now 2 years closer to the job than I would otherwise be. Lets all look on the bright side of the dark side of the moon.
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                        I don't think I've felt further away from a job offer than I have this week; that is over the past 2 years of waiting and after I've been in TSU for around 150 days. The last time I felt even close to this distant from federal employment was imediatly after the JFK DHS job fair this past march. I recieved my TO 2 days later.

Unfortunately I didn't know then what I know now. If I had known at application that it would take 3 years to get hired, I doubt that I would have bothered. I guess ignorance can be helpful because I did fill out the application and am now 2 years closer to the job than I would otherwise be. Lets all look on the bright side of the dark side of the moon.
                        Well yeah, if thats your opinion then just carry on with your life and if the call comes, great! Watching paint dry and grass grow was never meant to be a hobby, but progress does happen. Easier said than done, i know from experience. But, believe it or not, EVENTUALLY you will hear something.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                          You ever had pizza in Chicago? Best pizza anywhere.
                          I'd agree with you here, I've had Pizza in both Chicago and NYC, Chicago (IMO) is far better!!!! Man I could use some of that now!!!!
                          TO-6/16/08
                          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                            I'd agree with you here, I've had Pizza in both Chicago and NYC, Chicago (IMO) is far better!!!! Man I could use some of that now!!!!
                            PLEASE, NO MORE!!!

Comment

• Hello boys and girls. Quick question, once you are in TSU, whats the longest you can be there for?

Comment

• Just short of FOREVER

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 274 members and 4526 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X