300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
    I think that "agent" may be just a broad term and "officer," "special agent," etc. may be more specific titles.

As for the medical exam, forgot about the EKG! My mistake.
    Well its just one of those things. You are a CBP OFFICER, and a federal law enforcement OFFICER. Like being a police officer, they arent concerned with being called police agents. Border Patrol's badge says AGENT along with ICE and those sorts of things. Many times in news articles it'll say, for example, "Federal Agent apprehends fugitive at Detroit Metro Airport". It's just a loosely used term, thats all. For the record you are an officer, not an agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      I know that there is probably no reasoning to this question but if anyone could give me their own personal experience.

How long does it take for the security office to clear your BI after the full report has been sent over to them from the investigator?? I am, in the investigators opinion, very boring which is a good thing she explained to me. Never been arrested, only left the country on 3 different occasions for vacation and only max 5 days each time. Been married to same person for 13 years and I have been living in my present address for 8 years. God I am boring on paper!! Anyway, what I'm getting at is that i dont have much to look at so in my case will i clear quickly or it doesnt matter because my file could sit in the security office for awhile before they clear it?? Just curious cause I really want to be in TSU even though it doesnt mean much these days.
      Well I met with my investigator in May 08.. I didnt clear every thing until Aug 09... So... there is no real formular on how they do this (the back ground check) I hear some people clearing in 4 months... and me it took me over a year.. I say no news is good new for now
      Test 10/07
      TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
        Well I met with my investigator in May 08.. I didnt clear every thing until Aug 09... So... there is no real formular on how they do this (the back ground check) I hear some people clearing in 4 months... and me it took me over a year.. I say no news is good new for now
        Yep, its random as can be. The first time i applied my BI took 3-4 months. This time im going on 12 months.

Comment

• Any one here.. waiting on Newark NJ??
          Test 10/07
          TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
            Any one here.. waiting on Newark NJ??
            hello justwaiting.. page 689 post # #17218 is the updated tsu list. check it out. there are a few newark/nj people on it. hope that helps !
            CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
              hello justwaiting.. page 689 post # #17218 is the updated tsu list. check it out. there are a few newark/nj people on it. hope that helps !
              thanks I appreciate that.. so those people are still on this forum chatting... and still not called.?
              Last edited by justwaiting; 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM.
              Test 10/07
              TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Please Help - New PFT

Originally posted by Nubian View Post
                Thanks. It helped me out a great deal when I had to retake my fitness. When the day came for my fitness I didnt have to practice, I needed no instructions. I used the time between each test to focus and relax my muscles for the next test. I must have watched that video multiple times to get the proper formation for each segment.
                Ok folks, I just got back from retaking my PFT. I don't understand the scoring on the slide step test. I Maxed the Push Ups, Sit-ups, 50 # lift. On the slide step test I only got 6 reps in 10 seconds which is 0 points. I am in pretty good shape as I workout a lot. I scored over 100 points, but it states that you must score above a 0 on all portions of part one of the test. I am worried I failed. I complete the regular step test easily. I just don't see how anyone can do 8 or more slide steps in 10 seconds. Did anyone else see this as an issue or was something wrong at the test site. Should I call someone????????
                FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
                TEST - 7/21/08 (89) W/O VET
                TO - 9/12/08
                VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
                FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
                DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                MET BI - 11/08
                GS-7 - 11/14/08
                MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                BACKGROUND - 8/5/09 CLEARED
                TSU - 8/7/09
                Pulled from TSU for New Fit Test 9/18/09
                NEW FIT TEST - 10/12/09 : PASSED
                Back in TSU again: 10/21/09
                EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by flstate1 View Post
                  Ok folks, I just got back from retaking my PFT. I don't understand the scoring on the slide step test. I Maxed the Push Ups, Sit-ups, 50 # lift. On the slide step test I only got 6 reps in 10 seconds which is 0 points. I am in pretty good shape as I workout a lot. I scored over 100 points, but it states that you must score above a 0 on all portions of part one of the test. I am worried I failed. I complete the regular step test easily. I just don't see how anyone can do 8 or more slide steps in 10 seconds. Did anyone else see this as an issue or was something wrong at the test site. Should I call someone????????
                  Also, this is what it says:

How is the PFT Scored?
                  • Each part of the PFT is scored separately. You must pass both parts in order to continue the hiring process. You must achieve a minimum cumulative score of 80 points on Part One and successfully complete Part
                  Two (the Step Test). Additionally, candidates must achieve a score greater than zero on each test in Part One. Part One will be scored using the following scoring tables:
                  FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
                  TO - 9/12/08
                  DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                  MET BI - 11/08
                  GS-7 - 11/14/08
                  MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                  TSU - 8/7/09
                  EOD - ?

Comment

I know a girl who did 0 push-ups and failed. As far as the side step speaking for myself and a few other people that have completed the new fitness I did 14 and a few others more than 10. Email CBP and find out. GOOD LUCK
                    CBPOJFK
                    Exam 03/2008---86
                    Pre-Employment Forms---08/2008 check
                    Qualifications---07/2008---GS 5 check
                    Medical 07/2008---08/2009 check
                    Drug Test---07/2008 check
                    VBT---07/2008 check
                    Fitness---8/2009 check
                    BI---08/13/2009 check

Referred to Schedule EOD 8/28/2009 TSU BABY!!!

Comment

Maybe you got 12 because each side counts as one?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hi Yesenia, good luck on your last step.

Comment

• how did they count it

Originally posted by ShowT1me78 View Post
                          I know a girl who did 0 push-ups and failed. As far as the side step speaking for myself and a few other people that have completed the new fitness I did 14 and a few others more than 10. Email CBP and find out. GOOD LUCK
                          I started in the center line, then I went to the left was 1 then all the way to the right line was 2 then all the way to the left line was 3. The far left to far right was probabley 10-12 feet apart. I am 6'1" so it doesn't take many strides for me to get there. Are they supposed to count each line as you touch them including the center?
                          FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
                          TO - 9/12/08
                          DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
                          MET BI - 11/08
                          GS-7 - 11/14/08
                          MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
                          TSU - 8/7/09
                          EOD - ?

Comment

I think your administrator might have scored you wrong. Each outer line should count as 1. How did they score? I scored high. I don't remember anyone posting that they had failed because of the line test. The killer I've seen on here is the Step Test.
                            Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                            Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                            NOR: 09/2008
                            TO: 09/25/08
                            Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                            Drug Test: 11/2008
                            Oral Board: 12/03/08
                            BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                            Qualifications: 03/17/09
                            Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                            Geo Area: San Francisco County
                            Written:05/26/09
                            T.O.:08/28/09
                            Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                            Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                            Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

I started in the center line, then I went to the left was 1 then all the way to the right line was 2 then all the way to the left line was 3. The far left to far right was probabley 10-12 feet apart. I am 6'1" so it doesn't take many strides for me to get there. Are they supposed to count each line as you touch them including the center?
                              No, center line doesn't. The girl that did mine didn't count the center.
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

Im suprised they had you retest on a fed holiday. Anyway, not to be negative but according to your post and saying you got a zero on one part, you failed. Ive not taken the new one so im not sure on the scoring, but they either scored you wrong or you didnt do enough reps. That sucks if they failed you on that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7822 users online. 397 members and 7425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X