Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
    ..oh and BTW...

Rumormill told us that the 6(c) coverage is only for retirement and NOT actual 6(c) coverage for lat moving to other 6(c) gigs..

Anyone else? They have the age restriction coming....I can't see that surviving 1 law suit from the union?

Thoughts?
    Border Bob on the other forum had a Admin type do a Q/A the other day and yes there will be cross over between like 6c/12(d) agencies. But that will only take affect after this summer. NTEU pushed for the 12(d) coverage and the age restriction so they will not fight anything at this point. Right now the DHS Sec has kept it at 37 but it will more than likely go to 40 like the BP.

So if your over 40 now your paid. But those of us that are younger now, I'll be able to move to a, say 1811 spot in 12 years at 42.

One thing is that our (I just got the call yesterday, so I'm trying to be part of the team already) retirement is not the same as the other LEO's, it's being called a hybrid, but ends up with the same ending. So if you move around say BP to CBPO or something like that, it will be a combo retirement, not a seamless move.

There are some posts with the actual Q/A memo on the CBPO forums, I'm just to tired to search right now.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
      Is this just a rumor, or will the GL pay scale be implemented? From what everyone says, the GS scale is much better for the individual officer considering the double time, and shift differential.
      NTEU and the DHS have said a number of times that CBPO's will not be GL's anytime soon. It would require a massive rewrite of the OPM regs as technically CBPO's are not law enforcement as written.

Comment

• Anyone have an abnormal EKG on their medical exam, what did hring do with it?

Comment

• Hello, I'm just checking all the Law Enforcement forums on the Internet and this one, or rather this topic, seems to be a popular and focused on CBP so I'm posting here first.

A short summary of my situation is I'm looking a federal position because I have been slowly talking to other people applying for the Foreign Service with the State Department. One said it was a really good idea to apply to something federal and he was in CBP himself. So, I decided to give this whole process a shot. I took the test in November 2007. Went through the Pre-Employment forms, medical exam, drug test, physical pre-test, and VBT. The only thing that lacks a check on CASS is my background investigation. That's been going on since early March.

My question is, how much time is between the phone call and the time to leave for academy or a tour of the station where your posted at (I've heard both are possible)? Even though I don't like my current job, I don't want to screw over my officemates since we're already understaffed. I'd like to give at least 3 weeks to a month notice on the whole thing.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Uphill View Post
            Hello, I'm just checking all the Law Enforcement forums on the Internet and this one, or rather this topic, seems to be a popular and focused on CBP so I'm posting here first.

A short summary of my situation is I'm looking a federal position because I have been slowly talking to other people applying for the Foreign Service with the State Department. One said it was a really good idea to apply to something federal and he was in CBP himself. So, I decided to give this whole process a shot. I took the test in November 2007. Went through the Pre-Employment forms, medical exam, drug test, physical pre-test, and VBT. The only thing that lacks a check on CASS is my background investigation. That's been going on since early March.

My question is, how much time is between the phone call and the time to leave for academy or a tour of the station where your posted at (I've heard both are possible)? Even though I don't like my current job, I don't want to screw over my officemates since we're already understaffed. I'd like to give at least 3 weeks to a month notice on the whole thing.

Thanks for the assistance.
            So here is my deal.

Cleared BI on Apr 22nd but still never cleared Medical in CASS
            Called Apr 28th with offer
            Report for EOD on May 12th
            FLETC on May 28th

My job was ticked and wanted to burn me a little for the short notice, but then I realized that I don't owe them anything.

You will go to your port for a few weeks at least prior to FLETC. There is a laundry list of training items that must be completed prior to departing for GA. I am there for 18 days, I've seen some that had 2 weeks and some as much as 5.

BTW I have the same time line as you, as many others on the other forum do. I think as long as your background is decent the adjudicators are clearing BI's fast right now.

Good luck

Comment

• For the agility test, what do they use for it? Cones? Any other type of barriers?

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                So here is my deal.

Cleared BI on Apr 22nd but still never cleared Medical in CASS
                Called Apr 28th with offer
                Report for EOD on May 12th
                FLETC on May 28th

My job was ticked and wanted to burn me a little for the short notice, but then I realized that I don't owe them anything.

You will go to your port for a few weeks at least prior to FLETC. There is a laundry list of training items that must be completed prior to departing for GA. I am there for 18 days, I've seen some that had 2 weeks and some as much as 5.

BTW I have the same time line as you, as many others on the other forum do. I think as long as your background is decent the adjudicators are clearing BI's fast right now.

Good luck
                Robeans,

First of all, congrats on getting the call!!!

How long after you met with the background investigator did it take for your background to clear? Also, when did you test? I tested in November of 2007 and I'm waiting for B/I and qualifications to clear.

Comment

• Vbt

Deleted....
                  Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                    Just curious...has anyone ever failed the VBT? Mine is coming up and I'm a little nervous. Oh yeah, what happened to CASS? Its not there!

Thanks
                    Just type in "CASS" in the search box once you've clicked on "Careers." A large link will appear for you to click on and it will take you there.
                    I and the public know
                    What all schoolchildren learn,
                    Those to whom evil is done
                    Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

• Originally posted by lady808 View Post
                      For the agility test, what do they use for it? Cones? Any other type of barriers?

It is the standard Illinois Agility Tesy used by FLETC. Exact details can be seen at...

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/illinois.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Miami Eric View Post
                        Robeans,

First of all, congrats on getting the call!!!

How long after you met with the background investigator did it take for your background to clear? Also, when did you test? I tested in November of 2007 and I'm waiting for B/I and qualifications to clear.
                        It took about 45 days. It blew me away, I had a long complicated background (lots of jobs/moves) and did not think it would clear before the end of summer.

I tested early Nov. You'll get a letter clearing Quals days or weeks before CASS updates. I still wasn't cleared in CASS when I got the call, I guess the feds like to surprise people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                          Oh yeah, that' cool. I have lived here about 14 years minus 5 years in the military.

I scored an 86 with vet pref. After seeing everyones scores on here, either I am not all that smart or I tend to lose concentration after about hour 3 of the test. Oh well, I guess I scored high enough being that I got the TO.

When did you take the test?
                          March 15th. Hoping that my 90 is good enough to get a TO 3 months or so from now.
                          ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
                          Written: 5/15/08
                          NOR: 5/20/08
                          TO: 10/28/08
                          Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
                          Fitness: 2/02/09
                          BI: 3/15/09
                          OB: 4/24
                          EOD: 7/27
                          FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
                          Written: 3/15/08
                          NOR: 4/2/08
                          TO: 5/22/08
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
                          Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
                          VBT: 6/30/08
                          Drug Test: 7/10/08
                          Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
                          Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
                          BI submitted: 10/10/08
                          TSU: 4/2/09
                          Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
                          EOD:

Comment

• all you need is a 70. that's the magic number...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
                              Yup..we have had two failures so far...got to hit the books..as long as you pay attention in class, participate and spend some time in the study mode...you'll be ok.

The classifications and the exemptions are enough to make you study....we have AT and DT starting this and next week, so I am sure things will pick up.

Looking forward to it. I had my FAMS offer withdrawn today when I told them I would not go to EWR, that was their final offer....so that is some relief off my chest, dont have to worry about that anymore.

PT is two times a week...but this week due to first aid training it is only 1..

I can see things getting more challenging, and I am looking forward to it.

Semper Fi.
                              CFAS is a bit of a joke. As far as more challenging, not really. DT is a blast as is shooting, but the rest is same-ol-same-ol.
                              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                                It took about 45 days. It blew me away, I had a long complicated background (lots of jobs/moves) and did not think it would clear before the end of summer.

I tested early Nov. You'll get a letter clearing Quals days or weeks before CASS updates. I still wasn't cleared in CASS when I got the call, I guess the feds like to surprise people.
                                Thanks for the info! I was worried that my B/I might get delayed due to a few moves and job changes. You've set my mind at ease. I tested in late November, so it looks like we're still on the same timeline I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10372 users online. 480 members and 9892 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X