300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Thats not something I'd be bragging about! Hope you get the job so you can afford some new ones!
    HAHAAHA I was going to say that.. but decided to leave it alone.. socks older then 37!?!?
    Test 10/07
    TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
      Not really. My "official" EOD was on a Monday, in middle of the pay period. And that is the day I started workin.
      I can only go by my experience. In the twelve years and 6 ports that I have worked at I have never seen anyone EOD in the middle of a pay period. My orginial EOD date was a Sunday in Nov 1997. I promise you I didn't work on that Sunday because the first day was signing paperwork and taking the Oath in the District Office. Noone works in the District Office on a Sunday.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
        Well I come on here.. cause alot of people are on the same boat as me.. WAITING!!.. but yeah I come on more for the comfort.. of knowing others are like me waiting.. not for answers.. My wife actually works upstaris with the branch chiefs.. so she tells me alot.
        That's cool. Are you trying for the same port as her?
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Bi

Hello everybody.
          Does anybody know if the CBPO background investigation
          is the same (or equivalent) to Immigration Enforcement
          Agent background?

For Immigration Enforcement Agent I've been cleared my
          medical and drug test from CBPO. But I don't know if it
          will be the same for the background.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post

I'm the "Oldest".
            That would be me. I turned 38 in July. If all of us old farts are in the same class, it's gonna smell awful during PT with everyone wearing IcyHot and BenGay!

On a side note, are you guys getting sick of friends and family asking you, "any word yet?" "Isn't there someone you can call?" I'm starting to think that some of them don't even believe that I'm actually in the hiring process.
            Written Test: 3/08
            NOR: 4/08
            TO: 4/08
            Medical: 4/08
            Fitness: 6/08
            VBT: 6/08
            Met with investigator: 10/08
            Received NOPA: 11/08
            Won appeal: 3/09
            TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
            New fitness: 7/28/09
            Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by justwaiting View Post
              So I take it no one else got the call as of yet??

It's frustrating I been waiting 2 years.. my wife is a CBPO.. and it makes it worst.. LOL
              Aw man, I'm sorry!! That's like rubbing salt in your wound!! I'm sort of in the same boat. I've inspired my husband to follow his dream instead of doing something he hates for another 20-30 years so he just applied for a US Marshall position. If I get in and he's waiting around to get in for another year, that will suck for him.

Is your wife saying that hiring has slowed down? Please give us the scoop. Enquiring minds want to know.. Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Congrats to smpleone on the call, hopefully we'll hear from other getting the call as well.
                Go Gators, anyone knows if Teabow is playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post

On a side note, are you guys getting sick of friends and family asking you, "any word yet?" "Isn't there someone you can call?" I'm starting to think that some of them don't even believe that I'm actually in the hiring process.
                  +1

However, it is my fault. When I tested for ICE IEA I was told by a couple of CBPO's that CA - SW Border (San Ysidro, specifically) ALWAYS needed people, and that I would be in TSU for maybe two weeks or so. Looking at past posts on this forum and the Delphi Forums, it appears that they were correct, until this year...

Oh well, I am happy and thankful to be in TSU. The call will come eventually and in 20 - 25 years this couple of months of extra waiting won't matter. Plus, if it is true that M4, shotgun, taser and/or EVOC training may be added (as per an earlier post), I am happy to wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                    Oh I know it is, I myself am looking forward to that game!!! Our big game is next week, against the hated sooners!!!! Ok, back to why we're here, I'm staring my phone down, daring it to ring with a 6-1-2 area code haha!!!
                    I'll have your back next week in the cheering section!! I'm actually a longhorn fan myself right behind my tigers!!

Go have a drink and stop staring at the phone. It's after 5 and they're closed Monday so we have some relaxing time ahead of us!! Well, maybe not relaxing, but time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
                      Congrats to smpleone on the call, hopefully we'll hear from other getting the call as well.
                      Go Gators, anyone knows if Teabow is playing?
                      I hope so, that way you can't use that as an excuse when we kick your butts big boy!!

Comment

• Oh Ok, I see you Cajunchick, regardless of the outcome, Its gonna take my mind off this waiting for at least 2 quarters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                          That would be me. I turned 38 in July. If all of us old farts are in the same class, it's gonna smell awful during PT with everyone wearing IcyHot and BenGay!

On a side note, are you guys getting sick of friends and family asking you, "Any word yet?" "Isn't there someone you can call?" I'm starting to think that some of them don't even believe that I'm actually in the hiring process.
                          I'm still the oldest! Eisenhower was POTUS when I was born. No kidding. To keep this classic running, Glucosamine and Ibuprofen are crucial. When asked what's new with that "Customs Thing" my come back is, I'm waiting for my stimulus.

T-
                          Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                          Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

Last edited by imlikeaninja; 02-15-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                              That's cool. Are you trying for the same port as her?
                              yes, both will be at Newark
                              Test 10/07
                              TSU 8/24/09

Comment

• lets go Yankees!!!!!!
                                Test 10/07
                                TSU 8/24/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5587 users online. 242 members and 5345 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X