300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
    Again, everyone's offical EOD is on a Sunday because that is when the pay period starts. You may be told to report on a different day but your offical EOD date will more than likely be on a Sunday.

FB
    The EOD on my SF-50 states Monday's date. It doesn't really matter, one way or another but just saying.

Hokiebird--It doesn't matter whether you are hired on Sunday or Monday, your start date will move one or two days into the pay period the next year so you will wait 27 pay periods before you are upgraded. I thought it was a BS move on CBP's part until I researched it and the OPM regs state all pay raises take effect the beginning of the pay period after the employee qualifies for the pay raise. So If you qualify for a grade or step increase 10-12-09 you don't see it until 10-25-09. Next year you would qualify for the raise 10-25-10, but since it is a Monday you won't receive it until 11-07-10.
    Last edited by kc12; 10-09-2009, 07:30 AM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      Hey now barnaj, I'm turning 36 in January!! Nothing wrong with being over 35!! Lol!! I just chalk it up to more wisdom!! Yeah, that's what I'm going with!! Man I'm getting old!! But wiser!!!
      I was going to take him to task over this, too, but you beat me to it. I turn 36 in January as well. When I applied at 34, I never thought it would become a concern. Shows what I knew about this process. I'd wish you Happy Birthday, but I'm sure I'll still be here to catch you then

Comment

• sorry, trying to figure out how to work the pictures. Mine seems to not be activated.
        Last edited by cajunchik; 10-09-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
          I was going to take him to task over this, too, but you beat me to it. I turn 36 in January as well. When I applied at 34, I never thought it would become a concern. Shows what I knew about this process. I'd wish you Happy Birthday, but I'm sure I'll still be here to catch you then
          Don't get upset, I have no issues with elderly!! Sike. I'll tell you, I may only be 31, but after all this, here's how i feel:

Comment

Hey now barnaj, I'm turning 36 in January!! Nothing wrong with being over 35!! Lol!! I just chalk it up to more wisdom!! Yeah, that's what I'm going with!! Man I'm getting old!! But wiser!!!

Don't worry they put up some new signs around FLETC

Comment

• They got a wii for you older guys

Comment

• Just want to say a "THANK YOU" to all you guys (and girls!) on this forum for all the congrats and support. I will keep you guys updated on how Preacademy and FLETC goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post

They got a wii for you older guys

BAHAAA!!! You better be lucky that I can't get pictures on here or you would be toast. I guess with my old age I can't figure out this tech stuff like you young folks!!!

BTW... I dont look a day over 34!!! And I have red hair, not grey!! get it straight next time Bud!!

One last thing... Geaux Tigers!!! We eat gators for lunch around these parts!!

Comment

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
                    Just want to say a "THANK YOU" to all you guys (and girls!) on this forum for all the congrats and support. I will keep you guys updated on how Preacademy and FLETC goes.
                    Please do!! Best of luck to you!! I hope I'm right behind you!!

Comment

well, I got the call this morning (again!).. I accepted San Luis, AZ. My EOD is Oct. 18th and FLETC Nov. 18th-March. Lady said the calls are starting to roll out, so good luck to all.
                      Congrats man, big up! Nice to see you're getting a week to get to your port.
                      I'm pretty much moving from one corner of the country to the other so hopefully i'll get 9-10 days also.

Just one question though, how long were you in TSU for? I didn't see your name on the list Antony compiled for AZ.
                      Last edited by sandwichman; 10-09-2009, 01:30 PM.
                      CBP written test Miami, FL
                      11/10/2007
                      NOR letter 01/16/2008
                      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                      9/4/2009
                      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                      never got first)
                      qualifications completed
                      BI interview 9/30/2009
                      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                      poly: Mar 2011
                      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

BAHAAA!!! You better be lucky that I can't get pictures on here or you would be toast. I guess with my old age I can't figure out this tech stuff like you young folks!!!

BTW... I dont look a day over 34!!! And I have red hair, not grey!! get it straight next time Bud!!

One last thing... Geaux Tigers!!! We eat gators for lunch around these parts!!
                        Too bad I think the Gators eat tigers for dinner, I do believe game time is around 730pm haha!!! I'm not even a gator fan.....Hook'em Horns!!!!
                        TO-6/16/08
                        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

Just want to say a "THANK YOU" to all you guys (and girls!) on this forum for all the congrats and support. I will keep you guys updated on how Preacademy and FLETC goes.
                          Best wishes smpleone! Just got back from FLETC, had a couple good people in my class that were going to San Luis as well. Only thing I can give you advice is, request to take leave before you head out to FLETC if they let you. Others in my class were asking for it while at FLETC an were not granted to them.

Comment

So after lunch my CASS updated, basically stating "Requirements Met" and then at 130 I get a call from TSU about a Job Offer.... AND of course I was in a training class, when I called TSU back, they said he was gone for the evening.... Grrrrr.....
                            For everyone wondering Smpleone's TSU date:

This post was from 4/28/09
                            EOD on 5/26/09
                            Looks like he broke his leg because his next post was on 9/17/09 stating they had to resend paperwork to clear broken leg.
                            Retook physical to validate medical for broken leg on 9/29/09
                            EOD yesterday 10/8/09

I could be wrong on this but that's what I found with my sweet stalking skills!!

Comment

• Reminder: Monday 10/12 is a Government Holiday (Columbus Day), so you can walk more than 10 feet away from your phones without experiencing too much anxiety! The call will not come that day!

Comment

For everyone wondering Smpleone's TSU date:

This post was from 4/28/09
                                EOD on 5/26/09
                                Looks like he broke his leg because his next post was on 9/17/09 stating they had to resend paperwork to clear broken leg.
                                Retook physical to validate medical for broken leg on 9/29/09
                                EOD yesterday 10/8/09

I could be wrong on this but that's what I found with my sweet stalking skills!!
                                Well done and thank you, cajunchik. You've got 1811 Criminal Investigator written all over you!
                                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10889 users online. 369 members and 10520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X