300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smpleone View Post
    well, I got the call this morning (again!).. I accepted San Luis, AZ. My EOD is Oct. 18th and FLETC Nov. 18th-March. Lady said the calls are starting to roll out, so good luck to all.
    WOW. Congratulations! Good news indeed!
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

well, I got the call this morning (again!).. I accepted San Luis, AZ. My EOD is Oct. 18th and FLETC Nov. 18th-March. Lady said the calls are starting to roll out, so good luck to all.
      Well thats one sunny day out of the thousands of cloudy ones! Good Luck!
      You sure your EOD aint the 19th? 18th is a Sunday i believe.

Comment

You start Oct. 18? Are you just messing with us???

Congratulations to you! Best of luck to you at FLETC and in your new career!

Comment

• Thanks guys. Yeah, sorry... meant the 19th. So 10 days, heading out this week to find a place for the month.

Comment

(SLAP ON THE BACK) Thats AWESOME!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
            Geo Area: SFO/OAK
            Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
            NOR: 09/2008
            TO: 09/25/08
            Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
            Drug Test: 11/2008
            Oral Board: 12/03/08
            BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
            Qualifications: 03/17/09
            Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
            Geo Area: San Francisco County
            Written:05/26/09
            T.O.:08/28/09
            Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
            Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
            Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• HEY smpleone- DID YOU GET THE no vacancies e-mail they sent out this week?

Comment

• I sure did! That was a bummer... but I dont think there was any rhyme or reason to those. My buddy is in the same geo as me and didnt get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                  HEY smpleone- DID YOU GET THE no vacancies e-mail they sent out this week?
                  That email should really not be used as an indicator for anything related to hiring. I received that email, my friend did not, we are both waiting on Miami, and I am months ahead of him in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                    That email should really not be used as an indicator for anything related to hiring. I received that email, my friend did not, we are both waiting on Miami, and I am months ahead of him in TSU.
                    Yep. Like it has been said before, these are just sent to people in TSU so they quit calling MHC and asking about the hiring situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Well thats one sunny day out of the thousands of cloudy ones! Good Luck!
                      You sure your EOD aint the 19th? 18th is a Sunday i believe.
                      Actually EOD dates are always on a Sunday because it is the beginning of a pay period. Most ports have the new hire report on a Monday because that is when the admin people are there.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Yep. Like it has been said before, these are just sent to people in TSU so they quit calling MHC and asking about the hiring situation.
                        damn barnaj how do you have 1200 posts here... are you on other threads as well??

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                          damn barnaj how do you have 1200 posts here... are you on other threads as well??
                          Nah man, just been on here since like January of 2007!
                          Last edited by barnaj; 10-08-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Whoa.

First, they didn't cancel all TDY's this year. I was on one two weeks ago. They may have postponed some TDY's...but they sure haven't canceled all of them.

Second, There's the same cap on the landborder that there is at the airport(35K). A few ports, mostly on the SB, offer cap waivers for some officers. I'd be willing to bet that airport people generally work as much OT as anyone anywhere else. If they "have a life", it's because they generally live in large cities and they don't usually work double shifts, which is common on the land border. On the other hand, they're usually working 2-4 hours of OT, the majority of their days. Most land border guys work "8 and the gate", with a few doubles thrown in.
                            I will second what Merlin has posted. The 35K OT Cap is for all officers no matter where they work you have to have a waiver to work past 35K. I have worked at busy airports/seaport, several land borders, and now a small airport.

Having a life is relative. It depends what you looking for. The busy airports had a lot of OT including mandatory OT that you could not say no to. Your schedule was at the mercy of the airlines. That meant that almost all of the CBP officers worked from about Noon until the flights are done usually Midnight or later if flights were late. Not so good of a life if you are married and have kids or single and like to socialize at night.

Land border at most places is a 24/7 operation. Land border depending on the size can have a lot of OT most of it in the form of double shifts though where I worked they would break the 8 hour OT shifts into 4 hour blocks. OT towards the end of the fiscal year especially the summer would be Mandatory and could be hard to get rid of if you didn't want to work it. Shifts would be rotating unless the port is doing bid and rotation like they should be doing then your shift would be senority based.

The airport I currently work at is a very small operation. The port is open 8:30 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday. There is very little overtime at all. This fits my definition of having a life. I will get to see my family when they are home and actually awake but it took me a long time to get to where I am.

FB

Comment

• wrong message
                              Last edited by shortybop; 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Hey smpleone,
                                Is San Luis airport or border? Also, which major city is it close to? I changed my GEO from NYC to Arizona so I was wondering for if and when I do get an TO.
                                Once again im very happy for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11182 users online. 480 members and 10702 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X