Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post

Minneapolis Hiring Center Receptionist
    HAHAHAHA....quit monkeying-around and call me now please!!!!
    TO-6/16/08
    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Do You Believe???

Top 5 most mysterious things in the world that people doubt the existence of:

1) Bigfoot

2) UFO's

3) The Loch Ness Monster

4) Santa Claus

5) Getting The Call

Comment

• Anyone know how to deactivate their officer.com account? I'm not going anywhere, I just think I may want a new user name.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
          Anyone know how to deactivate their officer.com account? I'm not going anywhere, I just think I may want a new user name.
          What's wrong with your user name. I like it very old school and patriotic without hitting people over the head with it.

Comment

• Hey guys,
            Well I just wanted to let you know that I had a 2 1/2 hour conversation with a CBP manager from Miami. He really was very informative. I asked him a couple of questions in which I got a reply for every one of them.

1) Why is CBP moving in slow motion?
            ANS: In 2008 they did a massive hiring and now they have more CBP then they needed.
            2) When do they get funded?
            ANS: It usually happens as the fiscal year starts in October, but the majority of the money went to border patrol this year. So now they are working their numbers to see what's left.
            3) Will the applicants that are in TSU ever get called?
            ANS: FOR SURE!!!! THE GOVERNMENT SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON YOU GUYS ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.
            4) When do you anticipate CBP getting funded?
            ANS: Well, put it this way all the TDY'S (people who go overseas or other ports due to a shortage of officers) have got postponed unitl next year. They cancelled all classes for this year.( he was suppose to go to Aruba for a 5yr gig).
            5) What about Transfers?
            ANS: Almost impossible ( except for hardship). If you pick a port especially where the turnover is not great you are stuck......
            6) What is the difference in working at the airport and at the borders (not border patrol)?
            ANS: airport you have a life. At the border, you pratically live there.
            When you can refuse OT at the airport you can at the border its mandatory, there is not cap on OT at the border (unlimited) Airport ($35,000 yr).
            7) Why is there a polygraph now?
            ANS: Due to that big hiring in 08, alot of people were pushed thru without a thorough background check and quite a few people got terminated after the fact for lying. So the polygraph is used for early elimination before they even assign you a background investigator.

I did ask alot more questions but my hands are tired, but I think these were the most important. Feel free to put your question out there and ill answer what I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              Anyone know how to deactivate their officer.com account? I'm not going anywhere, I just think I may want a new user name.
              Seriously, I think you have the best name on here!

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                Hey guys,
                Well I just wanted to let you know that I had a 2 1/2 hour conversation with a CBP manager from Miami. He really was very informative. I asked him a couple of questions in which I got a reply for every one of them.

1) Why is CBP moving in slow motion?
                ANS: In 2008 they did a massive hiring and now they have more CBP then they needed.
                2) When do they get funded?
                ANS: It usually happens as the fiscal year starts in October, but the majority of the money went to border patrol this year. So now they are working their numbers to see what's left.
                3) Will the applicants that are in TSU ever get called?
                ANS: FOR SURE!!!! THE GOVERNMENT SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON YOU GUYS ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.
                4) When do you anticipate CBP getting funded?
                ANS: Well, put it this way all the TDY'S (people who go overseas or other ports due to a shortage of officers) have got postponed unitl next year. They cancelled all classes for this year.( he was suppose to go to Aruba for a 5yr gig).
                5) What about Transfers?
                ANS: Almost impossible ( except for hardship). If you pick a port especially where the turnover is not great you are stuck......
                6) What is the difference in working at the airport and at the borders (not border patrol)?
                ANS: airport you have a life. At the border, you pratically live there.
                When you can refuse OT at the airport you can at the border its mandatory, there is not cap on OT at the border (unlimited) Airport ($35,000 yr).
                7) Why is there a polygraph now?
                ANS: Due to that big hiring in 08, alot of people were pushed thru without a thorough background check and quite a few people got terminated after the fact for lying. So the polygraph is used for early elimination before they even assign you a background investigator.

I did ask alot more questions but my hands are tired, but I think these were the most important. Feel free to put your question out there and ill answer what I can.
                Whoa.

First, they didn't cancel all TDY's this year. I was on one two weeks ago. They may have postponed some TDY's...but they sure haven't canceled all of them.

Second, There's the same cap on the landborder that there is at the airport(35K). A few ports, mostly on the SB, offer cap waivers for some officers. I'd be willing to bet that airport people generally work as much OT as anyone anywhere else. If they "have a life", it's because they generally live in large cities and they don't usually work double shifts, which is common on the land border. On the other hand, they're usually working 2-4 hours of OT, the majority of their days. Most land border guys work "8 and the gate", with a few doubles thrown in.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  What's wrong with your user name. I like it very old school and patriotic without hitting people over the head with it.
                  Well thanks! I appreciate it.
                  "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Shortybop--5 years is not a TDY. It is a permanent move. They have postponed many permanent relocations, but not the TDY's. I've spoke with several friends who work pre-clearance and are stuck, because of lack of money. We have one officer here who has been accepted for a paid move, but can't go anywhere because of lack of funding. My port receives short notice TDY solicitations frequently. Normally at least once a month. Several other overseas locations are only available as a TDY, but we can't not man them, so the choice becomes don't man them, have our people arrested and deported by the host country and don't man them, or rotate TDY officers through.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Thanks just watched this it shows the side step test
                      CBPO
                      Test: July 2008
                      TO: 12/26/08
                      VBT 1/21/09-passed
                      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                      BI - Cleared
                      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Just in case anyone is interested...

From the looks of it, Border Patrol will be hiring over 1700 agents in FY10 to replace attrition and for the addition of 44 new positions.

Comment

• Thanks. It helped me out a great deal when I had to retake my fitness. When the day came for my fitness I didnt have to practice, I needed no instructions. I used the time between each test to focus and relax my muscles for the next test. I must have watched that video multiple times to get the proper formation for each segment.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Just in case anyone is interested...

From the looks of it, Border Patrol will be hiring over 1700 agents in FY10 to replace attrition and for the addition of 44 new positions.
                            Probably just from people already in the pipeline. They aren't even excepting entry level apps right now. By the time they opened a new vacancy and people tested and went through the whole process, it'd probably be FY11.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              Shortybop--5 years is not a TDY. It is a permanent move. They have postponed many permanent relocations, but not the TDY's. I've spoke with several friends who work pre-clearance and are stuck, because of lack of money. We have one officer here who has been accepted for a paid move, but can't go anywhere because of lack of funding. My port receives short notice TDY solicitations frequently. Normally at least once a month. Several other overseas locations are only available as a TDY, but we can't not man them, so the choice becomes don't man them, have our people arrested and deported by the host country and don't man them, or rotate TDY officers through.
                              I understand but he didnt explain it like that. He made it seem like everything is on hold. Like Aruba for example is a five year TDY then they rotate them according to him. Oh well! this is just all fustrating to me and I haven't even got a TO yet.................

Comment

• well, I got the call this morning (again!).. I accepted San Luis, AZ. My EOD is Oct. 18th and FLETC Nov. 18th-March. Lady said the calls are starting to roll out, so good luck to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8895 users online. 400 members and 8495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X