Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ports are very Enforcement minded. You will be surprised at how many different teams are in existance. Even though we don't kick down doors, we give the ICE the reason to do it. A lot the INTEL comes from the drug busts and the information these dumb %$#& carry with them. Even though a big percentage of the population doesn't have a clue what CBP stands for or what we do, WE play a HUGE role in securing the country. Who gets the credit? The FBI, but of course nobody mentions where they got the info from... In any event, good luck in your career, you can make it BIG if you have a mission and a plan.
    sigpic

Comment

• Website update?

Deleted....
      Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• As an old cannon cocker, you'll be ok...and prolly be looking for more.

Semper Fi, brother.[/QUOTE]

0811 is a cannon cocker, 0861 is a forward observer, but you're close enough.

Thanks again for the info, hopefully my background will clear sometime this century. If not, I'm taking the IEA test in a few weeks, so maybe that will pan out sooner than the CBPO job.
        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
        July 09 Oral Board
        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Miami Eric,

He doesnt know much all he says is they need ppl and that ppl leave alot or sumin'. He says that he can get me inand talk to his boss bout me but cant do so tell im cleared for everything good luck bro

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
            Ok so I might be getting ahead of myself here and this might have been answered already in the past. What is FLETC like for a CBPO? Is it like a military basic training where the trainers are constantly in your face or is it more (for lack of a better term) laid back? What is the daily schedule like? Just incase I get the call one day, I don't want to be surprised.
            Nice to see someone else from Bucks Co. I lived out there a few years myself.

I'm waiting on a TO for PA with a score of 90. What was your score if you don't mind me asking?
            Last edited by JDNoble81; 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM.
            ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
            Written: 5/15/08
            NOR: 5/20/08
            TO: 10/28/08
            Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
            Fitness: 2/02/09
            BI: 3/15/09
            OB: 4/24
            EOD: 7/27
            FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
            Written: 3/15/08
            NOR: 4/2/08
            TO: 5/22/08
            Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
            Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
            VBT: 6/30/08
            Drug Test: 7/10/08
            Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
            Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
            BI submitted: 10/10/08
            TSU: 4/2/09
            Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
              Will0861,

We have guys who barley break a sweat and call the PT a 5 year old version of the Marine Corps daily 7....then we have guys in the class who can't do 2 sit ups or run more than 100 yards with out dropping, so those of us who are in shape and are looking for somewhat of a challenge are still going to the gym and running after class on the two days a week we have PT...out of 47 people in our class, we have 7 that work out 5 days a week...that I have seen in the gym every day....the gyms here can be a mad house of kipping pull ups, weights dropping and dudes getting in the way....weekends are nice to work out.

PT is 'tough' when the normal instructor you have isn't there and someone fills in, then they act tough and try to put everyone through the ringer...flex for the sake of flexing...but even on those days its cake if 1/2 in decent shape.

CBP isnt an agency for door kickers or "go get 'em" types (sic)...so you have to keep that in mind. The ICE guys work out harder than us and the USMS guys work out harder than them...etc.

The thing about the PT that ****es me off is that they act like baby sitter for grown men who had every opportunity to get ready to come here...the whole class runs as the slowest fat a**....we circle around, we wait, etc...so that gets old..but we just keep our mouth shut, and work out later.

Our PTD instructor gives us 30 minutes to SS&S before our next class or where ever we have to be, so we skip the madhouse that is the FLETC Wart/ Staph house locker room, and we get get ready with out all the other agency guys getting in the way...so that is a plus.

As an old cannon cocker, you'll be ok...and prolly be looking for more.

Semper Fi, brother.
              So at FLETC for CBP you only PT twice per week? Are you serious??

Comment

• So just to stir the pot, on the CASS main page (after I got a TO), there is a FAQ section. Here is a direct copy and paste of question 31:

31. What is the starting pay for CBP Officer trainees?
                For information on starting salaries and benefits, please visit the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) web-site at https://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/PDF/gl.pdf.

Now I am sure most people skipped over this, but they put the CBP officer on the "GL" scale, not the "GS" scale. Does anyone think this is just an error or a sign of good things to come?

Comment

• Originally posted by FireResQ153 View Post
                  So just to stir the pot, on the CASS main page (after I got a TO), there is a FAQ section. Here is a direct copy and paste of question 31:

For information on starting salaries and benefits, please visit the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) web-site at https://www.opm.gov/oca/08tables/PDF/gl.pdf.

Now I am sure most people skipped over this, but they put the CBP officer on the "GL" scale, not the "GS" scale. Does anyone think this is just an error or a sign of good things to come?
                  it is good things to come but not till july, which means 37 is the cut off age!! and if you look at the pay scale gs11 and gL 11 to gs15, gL 15 its the same pay. So it really doesnt matter because if you start at a 7 in two years you will be an 11. but the 1.7 percent annual retirement versus what is or soon to be was is much better!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FireResQ153 View Post
                    So just to stir the pot, on the CASS main page (after I got a TO), there is a FAQ section. Here is a direct copy and paste of question 31:

GL is not good for CBPO's. It takes away your 2x overtime and many other benefits of our pay system. I think most officers and NTEU would fight to keep us out of the GL scale. COPRA is a much better deal than GL.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Appreciate that information...

Very valuable. I will drop my expectations 70%. Why couldn't the veteran's mention that?

Sounds like you Marine have joined the (no disrespect) Army. So shall I.

Again, thanks for that information. The best so far on this forum. - Dan

Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
                      Working on my 3rd week here in FLETC...I have not been this bored since "hurry up and wait" in the Marines...I hope things pick up. If you have a heart beat and spend 20 minutes a day to study....you'll be in the top 10% of the class.

Comment

• Don't worry, your expectations will regain consciousness when you flunk your first few tests...
                        Last edited by matyoka; 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JDNoble81 View Post
                          Nice to see someone else from Bucks Co. I lived out there a few years myself.

I'm waiting on a TO for PA with a score of 90. What was your score if you don't mind me asking?
                          Oh yeah, that' cool. I have lived here about 14 years minus 5 years in the military.

I scored an 86 with vet pref. After seeing everyones scores on here, either I am not all that smart or I tend to lose concentration after about hour 3 of the test. Oh well, I guess I scored high enough being that I got the TO.

When did you take the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            GL is not good for CBPO's. It takes away your 2x overtime and many other benefits of our pay system. I think most officers and NTEU would fight to keep us out of the GL scale. COPRA is a much better deal than GL.
                            Is this just a rumor, or will the GL pay scale be implemented? From what everyone says, the GS scale is much better for the individual officer considering the double time, and shift differential.
                            ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                            July 09 Oral Board
                            Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                              Don't worry, your expectations will regain consciousness when you flunk your first few tests...
                              Yup..we have had two failures so far...got to hit the books..as long as you pay attention in class, participate and spend some time in the study mode...you'll be ok.

The classifications and the exemptions are enough to make you study....we have AT and DT starting this and next week, so I am sure things will pick up.

Looking forward to it. I had my FAMS offer withdrawn today when I told them I would not go to EWR, that was their final offer....so that is some relief off my chest, dont have to worry about that anymore.

PT is two times a week...but this week due to first aid training it is only 1..

I can see things getting more challenging, and I am looking forward to it.

Semper Fi.

Comment

• ..oh and BTW...

Rumormill told us that the 6(c) coverage is only for retirement and NOT actual 6(c) coverage for lat moving to other 6(c) gigs..

Anyone else? They have the age restriction coming....I can't see that surviving 1 law suit from the union?

Thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11059 users online. 403 members and 10656 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X