Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ivylaw77 View Post
    Maybe we have to contact the U.S. House of Representatives
    Committee on Homeland Security to express our concerns on how the U.S Customs and Border Protection Administration announced vacancies and after the applicant completed all the hiring process they just put them in TSU for a long period of time. Especially in this economic situation, like they said "Hiring has slowed considerably due to the current economic climate". Bull*&%#. Maybe we can send them the Anthony TSU list.
    Write your congressman. Ask him why the hiring is so ridiculously slow and why (this is the part that may get his/her attention) they so blatantly waste money with all these tests and retests.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
      I have a question. Do you know if your BI goes to all your places of residence, or your most current to talk to you neighbors?
      There is a time limit. I'm not going to go into the limits, but if I recall correctly, it is less than the one cajunchik gave. EVERYTHING the BI does is written in law, regulation, or policy.

The way the investigations are conducted is simple. The SF-86 is sent to the investigator. On the front of the packet the type of investigation is given. For CBPO it would read SSBI-L (if I recall correctly). That means the investigation is an SSBI and has the additional L(this code is probably incorrect, but for this example means Law Enforcement) requirements. The "L" rider might be on the next line in a field to itself, it's been a while since I've done a federal BI. Any changes in required information are noted on the front page. If you annotate that you've been arrested, outside the basic coverage required for an SSBI-L investigation, an additional criminal records check would be scheduled for the police department and court (if required). Other than more information than the basic the only thing the investigator will cover is what is required by law, regulation, or policy.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• nevermind PM sent
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• mhc

Im not sure what the people at mhc do all day long, but since no one gets hired anymore, i imagine it looks like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Im not sure what the people at mhc do all day long, but since no one gets hired anymore, i imagine it looks like this.

Oh come on it's the government, they're on USAJOBS looking for a better job.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
              Oh come on it's the government, they're on USAJOBS looking for a better job.
              You're correct. It looks like the guy sitting on the copier is about to fax over some supporting documents.

Comment

• For all the people that are putting their life on hold.

This job was never a sure thing. They said from the start “ Do not Quit your current job” I am beginning to believe that many of us in the TSU holding tank might never get the call. It looks like most of us missed the boat.

October is going to turn into November
                November is going to turn into December
                December is going to turn into January
                A Year is going to turn into 2 years

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                  For all the people that are putting their life on hold.

This job was never a sure thing. They said from the start “ Do not Quit your current job” I am beginning to believe that many of us in the TSU holding tank might never get the call. It looks like most of us missed the boat.

October is going to turn into November
                  A Year is going to turn into 2 years

"October is going to turn into November
                  A Year is going to turn into 2 years"

Well put. Last August turned into this August and cant believe it's October and i still have no idea what going on.

Comment

• I have been reading through past posts, skipping around through them. There are guys that are leaving soon to go into FLETC. For example, Dabonk112 is leaving 10/17 and Jperkins1021 left Sept 10. It's moving but not as fast as it was. You have to realize that some of these guys dont post often and may get the call and not let us know. There was one in my GEO that used to post quite often and he hasnt posted anything since August. Are these people getting the call??? or have they simply moved on to greener pastures?? There are only a handful of us still on here posting. Hopefully the others got the call and were just too busy getting everything organized before they left and forgot to let us know. All I have to say is, if one of you gets that call and forgets to let us know, I will personally come find you and kick your Martial Arts [email protected]$!!

Comment

• something i found while googling...

http://homelandsecuritynewswire.com/single.php?id=8677

http://data.wherethejobsare.org/wtja/field/2092
                      Last edited by sr20; 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM.
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• I realy wish they would be outright and let us know exactly which ports won't be hiring within a certain time period and which ports are now deemed high priority. and it also wouldn't be too hard to add include in this email just when the new calls are exected to go out. I am not convinced that they don't know this information. This way we have a realistic idea of what we are dealing with and would be better able to make life plans. This is beyond annoying.

Comment

• This is good news!!! Thanks for the upbeat info!! I needed it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                            This is good news!!! Thanks for the upbeat info!! I needed it!!
                            It seems to me it's only good news if you're applying for TSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              It seems to me it's only good news if you're applying for TSA.
                              I said the same thing...lol
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                                Quick, somebody say something cheeky to cheer us up! I'll give you a hint, one person can say "I got the call" and we will all change our tune. Statistically, if anyone is being called at all we are bound to have a first-person account on these forums soon enough.
                                Well....any little bit of news cheers me up. I tested back on 4/5/2008...so it's been quite a while and I'm not even in TSU yet. As I stated a few days ago on here....I had received a notice that my credit history had been requested for employment purposes. Since then I have received 2 more letters. All 3 credit agencies have been accessed now and it was 3 different addresses for CBP doing the requesting.

CBC/US Customs - Columbus, OH 43216
                                CBC - Columbus, OH 43220
                                CBC/US Customs Service - Washington, DC

I will take this and run with it.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8257 users online. 380 members and 7877 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X