Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    I also got that email...
    Looks like the Infamous October call is not coming.

Comment

• I have more time to practice my martial arts. GREAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
        Looks like the Infamous October call is not coming.
        I guess I have time to train up for the boffing club at the academy...
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• yea thats was the first thought that came to mind

Comment

• I would rather have a root canal that get another email telling me that more waiting is ahead.
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              I would rather have a root canal that get another email telling me that more waiting is ahead.
              yeah, I'm starting to get to that point as well. "We need people, hurry up and apply. No. Wait. The economy is bad and the bad guys won't try to bring in drugs or illegals during this downturn."

Blech. I was thinking of applying for other agencies but I guess I would just be waiting there also once I get passed the prelim stuff.
              CBP written test Miami, FL
              11/10/2007
              NOR letter 01/16/2008
              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
              9/4/2009
              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
              never got first)
              qualifications completed
              BI interview 9/30/2009
              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
              poly: Mar 2011
              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I got the email too. I guess I should start taking Rex Kwon Do since I don't want all of you to have sweet martial art skills at the Academy while I watch in awe.

Comment

• They added this to the fitness test

Comment

This is a general email to update you on the status of your application for the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer position. You have passed all of your pre-employment requirements and your file has been referred to the Training Scheduling Unit (TSU).

At this time we do not have any vacancies in your selected geographic location and we are unable to predict when vacancies will become available. Hiring has slowed considerably due to the current economic climate. Please be assured that our office will contact you once we receive enough vacancies to reach your name. This email is intended to provide you with some answers to the TSU’s frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Since there are no vacancies in my geographic location, can I be offered another location?
                    Unfortunately we are not able to offer you a location outside of your selected geographic location. In order to be considered for another location, you will need to reapply when the next vacancy announcement is open on USA Jobs. Please be advised that if you reapply and are selected for a new location, your current file will automatically be closed. You can only be selected for one geographic location at a time for this position.

Do I lose my place in the queue if I have to repeat any pre-employment requirements (i.e. medical, fitness)?
                    Although CASS will update with your most recent Refer to Scheduling date, our office always tracks your original Refer to Scheduling date. Once vacancies occur in your selected geographic location, you will be called in the order your file was originally referred to Scheduling.

Does my application expire after the 90 day time frame has elapsed?
                    The 30/60/90 day time frame provided on CASS is only an estimate and may be extended depending on your selected geographic location. Your file will remain in the Scheduling Unit until we receive vacancies in your location. Most pre-employment processes (medical, fitness, etc.) are valid for one year. If anything expires, you will be contacted for an update.

We understand your desire to enter on duty and thank you for your continued patience as we work to ensure that only the most qualified candidates are hired for this frontline position in defense of our nation’s borders.

Training Scheduling Unit

Minneapolis Hiring Center

Department of Homeland Security

Phone: (612) 467-7017

Email: [email protected]
                    Has anyone who applied to SF/OAK get this email? It's the second time it has gone out and the second time I have not got it.

Comment

• This might be a stupid question but I'm trying to wrap my brain around it. Why do they open up the testing and job offers on USA jobs for specific GEO'S when there are none to offer?? This being said, do you really think they will make a new testing and job announcement in October? It seems that most of the GEO's are full right now. I stopped working in June to stay home with my children thinking that I would be back at work after they started up school. I am reduced to being a housewife and am not liking it one bit!!!! I need a maid and job!!

BTW....I think Apollo would look so much hotter with the LA GEAR headband!!!LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                        I guess I have time to train up for the boffing club at the academy...
                        Oh, Oh....Can I be the princess!!!

Comment

They added this to the fitness test

Ahahahaha, now that is some funny shi*!

Could be worse, at least you guys got the email that you are in TSU. I didn't get bupkis.

I did however, have my webcam pointed at me while checking CASS for my BI to clear...

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                            This might be a stupid question but I'm trying to wrap my brain around it. Why do they open up the testing and job offers on USA jobs for specific GEO'S when there are none to offer?? This being said, do you really think they will make a new testing and job announcement in October? It seems that most of the GEO's are full right now. I stopped working in June to stay home with my children thinking that I would be back at work after they started up school. I am reduced to being a housewife and am not liking it one bit!!!! I need a maid and job!!

BTW....I think Apollo would look so much hotter with the LA GEAR headband!!!LOL!!
                            Well they always want to have people in the pipeline for all locations, especially those that have a high turnover rate. Just because they are stocked today doesnt mean 200 wont die from swine flu tommorrow. If they waited til there were too few officers to do a productive job to open hiring, they'd have a problem.

Comment

They added this to the fitness test

Omg, that is funny!!! I see none of us has lost our sense of humor in all of this!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                Well they always want to have people in the pipeline for all locations, especially those that have a high turnover rate. Just because they are stocked today doesnt mean 200 wont die from swine flu tommorrow. If they waited til there were too few officers to do a productive job to open hiring, they'd have a problem.
                                yeah but do you think they will make another announcement this go round considering the people they have waiting in TSU?? I mean, with the economy so bad, how can they afford more testing??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12451 users online. 432 members and 12019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X