Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    What makes you say that?
    cause i was in the process for CBP Technician and when it hit that those times of the Yr. it was slow. All the upper managment are off for the holidays and key people at diferent times. Certain people with issues will wait longer due to the fact that somone that is in an acting positon is not going to make that call on someone and get bitched out by there real boss.
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Im not an expert but i really dont think EVERY new applicant is gonna get ploy'd. I dont think they have the resources to do this. You think the BI process is long now?! Can you imagine if they had to poly everyone too? I think it'll be a random percentage along with those who's investigators and adjudicators think it would be advantageous to the gov't for a particular candidate to be tested.
      See I was thinking the same thing. My BI said that she had a guy who lied on his entire online background questionaire and it took her over 5 hours to do the interview! I would think that would be a red flag to do a polygraph. She came to my house and I was in a dress and heals, she laughed and told me I didn't have to get that dressed up for it! I guess she thought I took her comment too literally because she had to come back the next day to pick up a signed form. She was 30 min early and I was in the shower when the doorbell rang. Needless to say I answered the door with wet hair and a robe on. I dont think my face has ever been that shade of red! She just laughed and said not to worry about it and apologized for being so early. The moral of the story is to make sure your dressed way in advance for your interview!!

Geaux Tigers!!!!! My Bulldog is dressed in Purple and Gold today!!!!
      Last edited by cajunchik; 10-03-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• I thought I would share this

Hello to all, happy Saturday, I was here at my house today practicing my martial arts with my buddy, when I see a car pull up to my house, the guy gets down and shows me his credentials.
        It was an investigator from CBP, but he was not here for me he said, it was because one of my neighbors who has been with CBP for seven years now, was getting his investigation done. With that being said, I figure if I can get some info on the process, he replied very nicely and said that soon they will pick up on the calls and he asked for name.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          See I was thinking the same thing. My BI said that she had a guy who lied on his entire online background questionaire and it took her over 5 hours to do the interview! I would think that would be a red flag to do a polygraph. She came to my house and I was in a dress and heals, she laughed and told me I didn't have to get that dressed up for it! I guess she thought I took her comment too literally because she had to come back the next day to pick up a signed form. She was 30 min early and I was in the shower when the doorbell rang. Needless to say I answered the door with wet hair and a robe on. I dont think my face has ever been that shade of red! She just laughed and said not to worry about it and apologized for being so early. The moral of the story is to make sure your dressed way in advance for your interview!!

Yeah, thats what i mean. And even this guy though would be a waste of money to poly if they already know his SF86 was all lies. I guess it would come down to if there was enough conflicting information to warrant an examination. Either way, it still is a hassle since even if you tell the whole truth, you might be a nervous wreck and it may be inconclusive or say you were deceiving. Oh well just something you gotta deal with if it comes up.
          By the way, i saw LSU stole one from the Bulldogs!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
            Right, but don't you have to report to the central cargo building on the northeastern side of the airport before going to the terminal? The Airtrain doesn't go anywhere near there. Am I mistaken?

I don't know where you have to report before starting your day but if its anywhere near the cargo area around bldng 77 then good luck getting there via public transit. I grew up in that area and its pretty much no mans land. Its hard enough getting to the terminals if you don't have a car.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
              I don't know where you have to report before starting your day but if its anywhere near the cargo area around bldng 77 then good luck getting there via public transit. I grew up in that area and its pretty much no mans land. Its hard enough getting to the terminals if you don't have a car.
              I see them every day at JFK airport so when I got back to work tommorrow I'll ask them.

Comment

Right, but don't you have to report to the central cargo building on the northeastern side of the airport before going to the terminal? The Airtrain doesn't go anywhere near there. Am I mistaken?
                No, you report directly to where you are assigned, whether terminals, or Cargo, etc.

Comment

• mar

Originally posted by Akito View Post
                  Hello to all, happy Saturday, I was here at my house today practicing my martial arts with my buddy, when I see a car pull up to my house, the guy gets down and shows me his credentials.
                  It was an investigator from CBP, but he was not here for me he said, it was because one of my neighbors who has been with CBP for seven years now, was getting his investigation done. With that being said, I figure if I can get some info on the process, he replied very nicely and said that soon they will pick up on the calls and he asked for name.

LOL "practicing my martial arts"

I was "practicing my cartoons"

Comment

• Originally posted by ford123 View Post
                    No, you report directly to where you are assigned, whether terminals, or Cargo, etc.
                    SWEET! That means I don't need to commute in my car.
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

What is the split of train commuters vs auto commuters?
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

Comment

• By the way, i saw LSU stole one from the Bulldogs![/QUOTE]

Yes they did!! That's always a big game for us because we lived in Atlanta for 2 years and have a bunch of friends who are Georgia Alumni!! Now today the Saints have to kick some Jets butt!!!. I'm going to the game so it will be a fun time. Football in New Orleans is always a blast!! I know I'm female but I love me some football!!

Sorry guys, I know its not a football forum, but hey, not much else to talk about these days!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                          Tigerbait! Tigerbait!
                          TSU- 07/14/09
                          location- Minneapolis

Comment

Could you elaborate on that question?

Comment

Almost everyone drives..

Comment

Almost everyone drives..
                                What is the length of commute where the officer complains minimally? For example - Hicksville and woodbury probably arn't that bad. The commute is around 20-25 mins. Huntington Village is 50 mins to 1 hour. Do most guys live within the 5 boroughs and Nassau, or do you hear content guys that live on the North Shore in Suffolk?
                                Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 10-04-2009, 06:36 PM.
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13091 users online. 422 members and 12669 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X