Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Beecy;2004284]I haven't taken the test yet....but I had been asking the same question for a while. The outside lines are 12 feet apart and all lines touched will count including the middle line.

Hope this helps out.
    [COLOR="Blue"]http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/customs_careers/officer/cbp_officer/[/COLOR
    Click on the one that says CBP Pre-Empoyment Fitness Test Video (Beginning July 1st 2009]

Comment

• http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...r/cbp_officer/

Comment

• had to take a drug test today out of the blue.Anybody know what thats about

tsu-7-28-09
        micigan

Comment

• why do some people get a polygraph for CBP and others dont?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigrig22 View Post
            why do some people get a polygraph for CBP and others dont?
            The polygraph test is new. It is part of the pre employment criteria now. All off you that took the test and had clearance prior to July of this year didnt have to take it, but now its mandatory if you have to do the background over.

Comment

• FOR ALL YOU GUYS WAITING IN TSU!!!!!
              I just spoke to my friend who works for CBP and he just advised me that the fiscal year starts on October 1 of each year in regards to overtime for the employess, but CBP doesn't actually get funded until late November to
              December. With that being said, I don't think that anyone will be getting a call this month. He also said that if you guys are being asked to re tested etc, that's a good sign that you will get the call once the money is in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                FOR ALL YOU GUYS WAITING IN TSU!!!!!
                I just spoke to my friend who works for CBP and he just advised me that the fiscal year starts on October 1 of each year in regards to overtime for the employess, but CBP doesn't actually get funded until late November to
                December. With that being said, I don't think that anyone will be getting a call this month. He also said that if you guys are being asked to re tested etc, that's a good sign that you will get the call once the money is in.
                See, I talked to someone today that was CBP now with ICE and he said they all actually get funded in October. He has been in for about 8 years now and said the calls will be coming in a few weeks once they get the money situated in the right places! Who knows what's going on!! Everyone has different answers. We can just all hope that the calls are coming soon.

Comment

The polygraph test is new. It is part of the pre employment criteria now. All off you that took the test and had clearance prior to July of this year didnt have to take it, but now its mandatory if you have to do the background over.
                  I'm going through my BI right now. Is it true that it's mandatory polygraph test? They interviewed it seems like everyone I know already and I thought it was almost over!! The BI said I was very boring which was a very good thing according to her!! I didn't realize I had more to this BI process!! Very nerve racking waiting to pass the final thing in CASS waiting to get my TSU so I can join the long list with you guys!! Aaahhhhh!!!

Comment

FOR ALL YOU GUYS WAITING IN TSU!!!!!
                    If the system works the way it is supposed to work, Congress passes the Appropriations bills prior to the new fiscal year, instead of working on details of how to spend more money we don't have, or investigating steroid use in baseball, or a million other things that are really irrelevant to the running of the country. In reality what happens is emergency bills are passed that continue funding at the prior fiscal years levels for the new fiscal year until the new Appropriations bill is passed.

This year the Appropriations bill for Homeland security was passed by both houses of Congress in June or July. As usual the bills passed weren't the same from both houses, so they must be reconciled, meaning one or both must be changed to match the other. They are sitting there waiting for this to be done, while Nero plays the fiddle. Meanwhile we receive the same funding we had last fiscal year until the Congress critters can't work the details out and get us the new funding levels. Working out the details can take weeks or months depending on how well Nero plays. This really isn't a big deal until January when the pay raises are supposed to kick in. We will continue to operate at the current status quo until the bill is passed, then any expansion or contraction of programs or personnel will take effect. Funding if done correctly is given at the start of the fiscal year. If it is done as usual it is given out a few days after the bills are passed. The delay is caused by having to update the computer systems controlling the money.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• How do you get to work at JFK by air train? I'm weighing options of not driving.
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                      PE Forms - Completed
                      Fitness - Completed
                      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                      Drug Screen - Completed
                      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                      TSU

EOD: ???
                      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                        I'm going through my BI right now. Is it true that it's mandatory polygraph test? They interviewed it seems like everyone I know already and I thought it was almost over!! The BI said I was very boring which was a very good thing according to her!! I didn't realize I had more to this BI process!! Very nerve racking waiting to pass the final thing in CASS waiting to get my TSU so I can join the long list with you guys!! Aaahhhhh!!!
                        Hey Cajunchik! If you started you BI already and are at the end of the process then you dont have to take the ploygraph. Its for those who just started theirs and are in the intital state. To my understanding they are suppose to give the polygraph either before or right after the VBT now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          How do you get to work at JFK by air train? I'm weighing options of not driving.
                          The airtrain either goes to Jamaica Ave station or Howard Beach station so you would have to figure out which one is more convenient for you. It is also $5 from either station to the airport. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            How do you get to work at JFK by air train? I'm weighing options of not driving.
                            E, J or Z train to Air Train or A train to Howard beach JFK airport.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

http://www.panynj.gov/Airtrain/

Comment

Im not an expert but i really dont think EVERY new applicant is gonna get ploy'd. I dont think they have the resources to do this. You think the BI process is long now?! Can you imagine if they had to poly everyone too? I think it'll be a random percentage along with those who's investigators and adjudicators think it would be advantageous to the gov't for a particular candidate to be tested.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                                E, J or Z train to Air Train or A train to Howard beach JFK airport.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

http://www.panynj.gov/Airtrain/
                                Right, but don't you have to report to the central cargo building on the northeastern side of the airport before going to the terminal? The Airtrain doesn't go anywhere near there. Am I mistaken?
                                CBPO
                                GEO - NY/JFK
                                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                                PE Forms - Completed
                                Fitness - Completed
                                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                                Drug Screen - Completed
                                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                                TSU

EOD: ???
                                FLETC: ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6709 users online. 318 members and 6391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X