300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time

From November 22nd - January 15th will be slow.........more good news right. And the wait presses on...
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bebo View Post
      I originally applied for SW border/ San Diego. A few months in to the process, I received a letter asking if I would be open to working the Andrade/Calexico border if they needed officers there. I signed the letter stating that I would. Does this mean that I am no longer in TSU for San Diego? How do I find out?
      I remember getting that same letter and from what I remember they were making Andrade/Calexico a whole seperate geo location from SW border/San Doego geo. So if you signed it and returned it I believe you were agreeing to be switched over to Andrade/Calexico and taken out of SW Border/San Diego. You might want to e-mail MHC to make sure, they will be able to give a stright and correct answer.

Val D.

Comment

• Just so I'm 100%....

I just wanted to make sure I'm tracking the specifics of "TSU"......

When you are in TSU, that means you cleared the whole pre-appointment process, have been given a FINAL OFFER for a specific GEO that you accept, and just awaiting a class date?????

Comment

• In reply to BFLOGRL,
          I took the test and the outer lines were about 4 feet apart from each other and then the line in the middle. The woman administering my test made me side step to the right then back to the middle then side step to the left then back to the middle. That full function was counted as one step. I know Beecy had said you get a point for each step but i had to do the full side step right, back to middle, side step left, back to the middle to give me 1 point. If Beecy is right, I believe I was officially screwed out of some points!! Anyway, it was easy for me to do because the lines were so close together and I am a size 8 shoe. It was almost like bunny hops to the side leading with your outer leg. Hop to the right leading with your right then bring the left to meet it. Then hop to the middle line leading with your left then right. then hop to the left line leading with your left foot followed by your right. then back to the middle leading with your right then left. The whole time, you are facing forward and squating down alittle, (my husband played football and this was a common used exercise so he gave me the squating down tip). Like Beecy said, you CANNOT CROSS YOUR FEET!! Im sorry for over explaining but i know how you feel not knowing what to expect with the new test. I was one of the first ones to take it where it was administered. I didn't know what I was getting into!! Well, hopefully you get the call before you have to take it again. BEST WISHES!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post

When you are in TSU, that means you cleared the whole pre-appointment process, have been given a FINAL OFFER for a specific GEO that you accept, and just awaiting a class date?????
            It means you sucessfully completed all your pre-employment steps and you are WAITING for your final offer. Having and EOD date means you've been offered and accepted and final job offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post

Being in TSU means that you have cleared all steps but are still awaiting the final offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                From November 22nd - January 15th will be slow.........more good news right. And the wait presses on...
                What makes you say that?

Comment

• Unless you're like me with an interim clearance, but I also have to go through a polygraph even though I was in TSU. If I failed, I am out. I am glad I didn't. So I am back in TSU and waiting for my interim clearance to be fully cleared. :-)
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                    I talked to a friend of mine who works at SF/OAK. He says everyday they have 80 plus new officers on shift. Between flights they stand around and do nothing. He said that his OJT was only suppose to be 4 or so months but has been extended out for the next year because there are so many people on OJT ahead of him and not enough people to train that things are backed up. He is happy because he gets to keep his 7am-3pm shift Saturday Sunday off for the next year. He has been there for 5 months. He said all of SF CBP (airport) is young people in their early 20’s, all back from FLETC within the last two years, many of whom are waiting for OJT. All the older CBPO’s are at the port. He said SF went on a real hiring surge a year or more ago and now are backed up because of it.

Hiring has been at almost a stand still since last February (9 months ago) now we are hearing it could be slow for the next few months. If this is true, it will be a year since hiring was at its old pace.
                    My question is to any current CBPO. Could it be that CBP met their need for awhile or has decided they can do without? Cover any need with OT?

Comment

• i can tell you this... at newark everyone is either A. really old OR B. really young... not to many in between... it kind of looks like its properly staffed but with the amount of people traveling in the summer (its so nice not being able to see the windows for hours) there can never be enough

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                        In reply to BFLOGRL,
                        I took the test and the outer lines were about 4 feet apart from each other and then the line in the middle. The woman administering my test made me side step to the right then back to the middle then side step to the left then back to the middle. That full function was counted as one step. I know Beecy had said you get a point for each step but i had to do the full side step right, back to middle, side step left, back to the middle to give me 1 point. If Beecy is right, I believe I was officially screwed out of some points!! Anyway, it was easy for me to do because the lines were so close together and I am a size 8 shoe. It was almost like bunny hops to the side leading with your outer leg. Hop to the right leading with your right then bring the left to meet it. Then hop to the middle line leading with your left then right. then hop to the left line leading with your left foot followed by your right. then back to the middle leading with your right then left. The whole time, you are facing forward and squating down alittle, (my husband played football and this was a common used exercise so he gave me the squating down tip). Like Beecy said, you CANNOT CROSS YOUR FEET!! Im sorry for over explaining but i know how you feel not knowing what to expect with the new test. I was one of the first ones to take it where it was administered. I didn't know what I was getting into!! Well, hopefully you get the call before you have to take it again. BEST WISHES!!!
                        Thank you for the detailed description that does help a bit! Those wide footfall drills are ones I have been doing in the INSANITY program I have been doing so hopefully they help me!
                        CBPO
                        Test: July 2008
                        TO: 12/26/08
                        VBT 1/21/09-passed
                        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                        BI - Cleared
                        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          It means you sucessfully completed all your pre-employment steps and you are WAITING for your final offer. Having and EOD date means you've been offered and accepted and final job offer.
                          Got it....Thanx Fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            I talked to a friend of mine who works at SF/OAK. He says everyday they have 80 plus new officers on shift. Between flights they stand around and do nothing. He said that his OJT was only suppose to be 4 or so months but has been extended out for the next year because there are so many people on OJT ahead of him and not enough people to train that things are backed up. He is happy because he gets to keep his 7am-3pm shift Saturday Sunday off for the next year. He has been there for 5 months. He said all of SF CBP (airport) is young people in their early 20’s, all back from FLETC within the last two years, many of whom are waiting for OJT. All the older CBPO’s are at the port. He said SF went on a real hiring surge a year or more ago and now are backed up because of it.

Hiring has been at almost a stand still since last February (9 months ago) now we are hearing it could be slow for the next few months. If this is true, it will be a year since hiring was at its old pace.
                            My question is to any current CBPO. Could it be that CBP met their need for awhile or has decided they can do without? Cover any need with OT?
                            That is more bad news for SF/Oak candidates. It sounds like we are not going to hear anything for another few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                              That is more bad news for SF/Oak candidates. It sounds like we are not going to hear anything for another few months.
                              This really sucks. Not to mention depressing. If it were an option to have your geo area just Nation Wide, I'd be willing to relocate to anywhere!
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Can someone tell me if WA - Northern Borders has busy ports like JFK etc etc? Do they need alot of people?
                                TSU - 8/28/09
                                TO - 3/2009
                                On the job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7187 users online. 378 members and 6809 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X