300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
    Hope all is well, I just stumbled upon this very informative blog, and would like to thank everyone for posting their info. I applied on July, Tested in August of 08, and was referred to TSU on the 17th of July for Miami. I hope we get that popular call sooner than later.
    I also wonder if you make it to TSU, what are the chances of getting hired.
    Thanks to all once again.
    If you don't die of old age or from the supernova that ensues when the sun burns out? Pretty high. You may go be asked to go for a polygraph exam and flunk from that or get hit by a car or something, but TSU is supposed to be a conveyor belt to Officer status, barring unforseen events.

The proof is in the pudding and I havn't eaten it yet, so what do I know.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Akito View Post
      Hope all is well, I just stumbled upon this very informative blog, and would like to thank everyone for posting their info. I applied on July, Tested in August of 08, and was referred to TSU on the 17th of July for Miami. I hope we get that popular call sooner than later.
      I also wonder if you make it to TSU, what are the chances of getting hired.
      Thanks to all once again.
      what was your score???

Comment

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
        Dont feel bad, I had to do the same thing plus the 86 again. Changed from MIA to other FL,

Sgt. K
        did u get picked up yet?
        I guess for miami it takes awhile.......

Comment

• Picked up........NOT

Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
          did u get picked up yet?
          I guess for miami it takes awhile.......
          No, I'm in Iraq right now, Military Police K-9 handler. In the last part of Adjudication. Will see what happens, NOPA or anything else that seems to happen to me. Cant wait to leave TSA thow.

Sgt. K
          "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Good Luck to everybody in The TSU Limbo Land...I hope we all get that call from a 612 Area Code this month!!!!!

Comment

• what was your score???
              Hello, I got an 86 on my test

Comment

• I originally applied for SW border/ San Diego. A few months in to the process, I received a letter asking if I would be open to working the Andrade/Calexico border if they needed officers there. I signed the letter stating that I would. Does this mean that I am no longer in TSU for San Diego? How do I find out?

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  If you don't die of old age or from the supernova that ensues when the sun burns out?
                  That there is some funny stuff! Sadly true, but still funny!
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                    Does anyone know if there is a youtube video of someone doing the side step test? I really don't understand it exactly. How far apart are the lines? Just want to try to practice it in case I have to retake the fitness test.
                    Thanks.
                    I haven't taken the test yet....but I had been asking the same question for a while. The outside lines are 12 feet apart and all lines touched will count including the middle line.

This was one of the explanations I received from someone who completed the test:

You get 1 for each line including the middle line. You start in the center, so you go to the first end touch 1 pt, come back to the middle 2 pts, then to the other end 3 pts, back to the middle 4 pts and so on.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
                      Good Luck to everybody in The TSU Limbo Land...I hope we all get that call from a 612 Area Code this month!!!!!
                      That won't help me much. I live in Minneapolis so most calls I get are from a 612 number! but every unidentified number gets me excited (just to be crushed when its my mom)
                      TSU- 07/14/09
                      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                        That won't help me much. I live in Minneapolis so most calls I get are from a 612 number! but every unidentified number gets me excited (just to be crushed when its my mom)
                        buzz kill. That's pretty funny.

Day 2 and my heart is already crushed.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                          I haven't taken the test yet....but I had been asking the same question for a while. The outside lines are 12 feet apart and all lines touched will count including the middle line.

This was one of the explanations I received from someone who completed the test:

You get 1 for each line including the middle line. You start in the center, so you go to the first end touch 1 pt, come back to the middle 2 pts, then to the other end 3 pts, back to the middle 4 pts and so on.

I hope that helps.
                          Don't forget that you can't cross your feet during the excercise. It's sort of like doing old-school basketball defensive drills.
                          Written Test: 3/08
                          NOR: 4/08
                          TO: 4/08
                          Medical: 4/08
                          Fitness: 6/08
                          VBT: 6/08
                          Met with investigator: 10/08
                          Received NOPA: 11/08
                          Won appeal: 3/09
                          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                          New fitness: 7/28/09
                          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• doesnt the new fiscal year actually start on monday?

Comment

• The new Fiscal year starts on October 1st, but that doesn't really mean much. We are on a continuing resolution (like always) and until the budget is officially passed, which can range from December to as late as March, things won't be solidified in terms of spending.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811orBust View Post
                                The new Fiscal year starts on October 1st, but that doesn't really mean much. We are on a continuing resolution (like always) and until the budget is officially passed, which can range from December to as late as March, things won't be solidified in terms of spending.
                                More good news.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10009 users online. 442 members and 9567 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X