300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
    Ok so I might be getting ahead of myself here and this might have been answered already in the past. What is FLETC like for a CBPO? Is it like a military basic training where the trainers are constantly in your face or is it more (for lack of a better term) laid back? What is the daily schedule like? Just incase I get the call one day, I don't want to be surprised.
    two words. CLUB FED

Comment

• Working on my 3rd week here in FLETC...I have not been this bored since "hurry up and wait" in the Marines...I hope things pick up. If you have a heart beat and spend 20 minutes a day to study....you'll be in the top 10% of the class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
        Working on my 3rd week here in FLETC...I have not been this bored since "hurry up and wait" in the Marines...I hope things pick up. If you have a heart beat and spend 20 minutes a day to study....you'll be in the top 10% of the class.
        Wow! It's like that heh?

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
          Wow! It's like that heh?
          Sure !!!! And you will have room service and vallet parking as well.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by girly View Post
            Hey guys just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find a list of ports in michigan, I am hoping for port huron, but will take anything within an hour or so drive. Also any negative feedback on any of the ports. thank you i am getting ahead of myself a little but a little extra info never hurt anyone.
            thanks
            Hey girly,

Here are the main Michigan ports. I say main, because every port might have a secondary private airport location or branch which is usually not listed. Like mail facilities, UPS and Fedex...

- Battle Creek
            - Saginaw/Bay City/Flint
            - Detroit-(Service Port)
            - Detroit Metropolitan Airport
            - Grand Rapids
            - Port Huron
            - Sault Sainte Marie

Hope this hepled
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by xprt40cal View Post
              Are there any enforcement officers out there, I'm wondering how you felt now that all CBPO's are covered. I mean what incentive do you have of going enforcement officer, are they going to receive any other benefit, maybe receive thier twelves?
              They are the ones doing the cases, arrests, transports and prosecutions. They go to court, they testify and present evidence... that should be enough incentive.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rather_Static View Post
                Working on my 3rd week here in FLETC...I have not been this bored since "hurry up and wait" in the Marines...I hope things pick up. If you have a heart beat and spend 20 minutes a day to study....you'll be in the top 10% of the class.

So how is the PT? I know everyone is going to say "if you have to ask, you need to workout more". But, I'd like to know if I'm prepared or not, if I ever get hired.

Thanks,
                ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                July 09 Oral Board
                Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Depends what instructor will get his hands on you. Some were ex-swat, ex-seal, ex-god knows what and they were ruthless. For a marine like Static might be boring, for a flabby ex-accountant... well different story.
                  sigpic

Comment

• CBPO - POE/Duty Locations

Here is a link to check on where the duty locations may be...
                    http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

I'm hoping for a nice, mountainous assignment in Montana (got my TO on 4/21), but who knows. I won't complain as long as it's Montana (or Idaho if they're desperate).

Good luck all,
                    - Steve
                    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                      So how is the PT? I know everyone is going to say "if you have to ask, you need to workout more". But, I'd like to know if I'm prepared or not, if I ever get hired.

Thanks,
                      We have had different PC instructors each time. The worst was an ex-corpsman. His idea of PC was let's see how many of these people I can break. After that the workouts haven't been too hard. That is not to say they were easy, but they all were managable and most were even fun (including the harder ones). Three times I was unable to complete every rep, but if you give what you have, and not fake hitting your limit, your instructors will respect your efforts and not ride you too hard.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Hopefully my background will clear soon, and I can start training.
                        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                        July 09 Oral Board
                        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloStyles View Post
                          I'll be done with 5 0f 7 by the end of the mth with only my BI and Quals to clear any idea how long that will take??
                          Hey, Styles,
                          If I remember correctly, you tested in November and the port you selected is Miami. I'm in the same boat as you. 5 of seven cleared, and I'm waiting for background and qualifications to clear. I met with the B.I. 4 1/2 weeks ago. Let me know as soon as you hear anything new, and I'll do the same for you.

Didn't you mention that your brother is a CBPO in Miami? Does he have the scoop on how many new CBPOs they need to hire over there? That piece of information may be the key to how long we can expect to wait, as I've heard that B.I. can be cleared as fast as they need it to depending on the hiring demands of each port. From reading these forums I've heard of it taking anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months to clear.

Comment

• Will0861,

We have guys who barley break a sweat and call the PT a 5 year old version of the Marine Corps daily 7....then we have guys in the class who can't do 2 sit ups or run more than 100 yards with out dropping, so those of us who are in shape and are looking for somewhat of a challenge are still going to the gym and running after class on the two days a week we have PT...out of 47 people in our class, we have 7 that work out 5 days a week...that I have seen in the gym every day....the gyms here can be a mad house of kipping pull ups, weights dropping and dudes getting in the way....weekends are nice to work out.

PT is 'tough' when the normal instructor you have isn't there and someone fills in, then they act tough and try to put everyone through the ringer...flex for the sake of flexing...but even on those days its cake if 1/2 in decent shape.

CBP isnt an agency for door kickers or "go get 'em" types (sic)...so you have to keep that in mind. The ICE guys work out harder than us and the USMS guys work out harder than them...etc.

The thing about the PT that ****es me off is that they act like baby sitter for grown men who had every opportunity to get ready to come here...the whole class runs as the slowest fat a**....we circle around, we wait, etc...so that gets old..but we just keep our mouth shut, and work out later.

Our PTD instructor gives us 30 minutes to SS&S before our next class or where ever we have to be, so we skip the madhouse that is the FLETC Wart/ Staph house locker room, and we get get ready with out all the other agency guys getting in the way...so that is a plus.

As an old cannon cocker, you'll be ok...and prolly be looking for more.

Semper Fi, brother.
                            Last edited by Rather_Static; 04-27-2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Static, why did you chose CBP ?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                                Static, why did you chose CBP ?
                                Lack of a 4 year degree, DTW area was a slam dunk, Air Branch spinning up in the area, I see potential growth and other options, CET, MRT, SRT...etc.

Looking forward to see what happens and where I end up. I got selected for the FAMS and they wanted to send me to EWR, so I am passing on that and staying put here with CBP...got a wife, 4 kids, a few rental homes, her business...too many roots here so options are a 'tad' limited

I appreciate the mission as well.
                                Last edited by Rather_Static; 04-27-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6328 users online. 272 members and 6056 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X