300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
    Man ,you know there are a couple dufuses around here that actually think Oct. 1 means anything at all..

Please speak up and tell me you actually believe that because its October that you are going to get called for duty so I can scold you
    Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking! Gotta have something to keep us going!(err waiting!)
    CBPO
    Test: July 2008
    TO: 12/26/08
    VBT 1/21/09-passed
    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
    BI - Cleared
    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
      TSU SW Border - San Diego 9/18/09

I reapplied for a geo-change to SF/OAK during the last open announcement and I am just praying for a TO before I get the call. If the geo-change is a success and I am re-entered into TSU for SF/OAK, thus superseding my previous selection's geo location, do I get to keep my old TSU date or am I entered into the system as the later date? I am assuming the latter considering they would have to change my Application ID for the second TO. Oh, and by the way, Happy New Year!
      Thoughtless,

I think once you have TO for one location, you can't apply for a new location.

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
        Thoughtless,

you can apply, but once you get a T.O. for another location you lose the previous T.O. If thoughtless is still in CASS for San Diego, it means that they have not moved on his request. If he is out of CASS for San Diego, he is in limbo world waiting for a T.O. for SF/OAK.
        I changed my GEO location about two years ago and they pulled me from one, gave me a new T.O. and had me re do some paper work and I was put back in. Took about 6 weeks, however, you have to receive a new T.O. first.
        Since the hire slow down, his paper work might just be sitting somewhere because they have to put you in with a new announcment. I read on here that someone just emailed MHC and requested a GEO change without applying again. I had to apply again when I did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
          Even though the new fiscal year is here, I bet it takes them until January- February or even March 2010 to get the ball moving.

I doubt it.

To come even close to catching up with attrition CBP will need to hire roughly 1600 CBPO's this year. That's roughly 34 classes. Chances are the hiring number in actuality will be several hundred more. They really hire far too many people 'to take more than a few weeks off'.

FLETC serves far more agencies than just CBP. CBP has to compete with everyone else for space at the center. There's a limit on how much flexibility CBP has with regards to scheduling their training. I doubt that they'd be given the training space they need, if they just arbitrarily decided to take until January to get moving.

Comment

you can apply, but once you get a T.O. for another location you lose the previous T.O. If thoughtless is still in CASS for San Diego, it means that they have not moved on his request. If he is out of CASS for San Diego, he is in limbo world waiting for a T.O. for SF/OAK.
            I changed my GEO location about two years ago and they pulled me from one, gave me a new T.O. and had me re do some paper work and I was put back in. Took about 6 weeks, however, you have to receive a new T.O. first.
            Since the hire slow down, his paper work might just be sitting somewhere because they have to put you in with a new announcment. I read on here that someone just emailed MHC and requested a GEO change without applying again. I had to apply again when I did it.
            I believe requests for a geo change through email are only applicable under the same announcement and/or before you receive a TO(someone correct me if I am wrong). When I initially applied in February, only the northern and southern borders were available. The TO I am waiting for is from the nation-wide April announcement. I received my NOR for SF/OAK in May so I know I am at least in the system.

UofU76, when you received your new TO, what forms were you required to redo? I have copies of everything, but it seems wasteful and redundant to send six month old triplets of Eqip, fingerprint cards, and et cetera all totaling 100+ pages. Were you able to keep your original TSU date or did you have to go back to the end of the line?
            Last edited by Thoughtless; 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
              I believe requests for a geo change through email are only applicable under the same announcement and/or before you receive a TO(someone correct me if I am wrong). When I initially applied in February, only the northern and southern borders were available. The TO I am waiting for is from the nation-wide April announcement. I received my NOR for SF/OAK in May so I know I am at least in the system.

UofU76, when you received your new TO, what forms were you required to redo? I have copies of everything, but it seems wasteful and redundant to send six month old triplets of Eqip, fingerprint cards, and et cetera all totaling 100+ pages. Were you able to keep your original TSU date or did you have to go back to the end of the line?
              remember that booklet of forms we got? I had to do that over, minus the finger print cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                I doubt it.

To come even close to catching up with attrition CBP will need to hire roughly 1600 CBPO's this year. That's roughly 34 classes. Chances are the hiring number in actuality will be several hundred more. They really hire far too many people 'to take more than a few weeks off'.

FLETC serves far more agencies than just CBP. CBP has to compete with everyone else for space at the center. There's a limit on how much flexibility CBP has with regards to scheduling their training. I doubt that they'd be given the training space they need, if they just arbitrarily decided to take until January to get moving.
                I hope you are right. The last 7 months of being in TSU have sucked the hope right out of me. 3 years, I been in this process for 3 long years.

Comment

remember that booklet of forms we got? I had to do that over, minus the finger print cards.
                  Did you have to fill out the eqip over?

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a youtube video of someone doing the side step test? I really don't understand it exactly. How far apart are the lines? Just want to try to practice it in case I have to retake the fitness test.
                    Thanks.
                    CBPO
                    Test: July 2008
                    TO: 12/26/08
                    VBT 1/21/09-passed
                    Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                    Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                    Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                    BI - Cleared
                    TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                    BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                    Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
                      Thoughtless,

If I'm not mistaken, Once you received a TO you no longer can change your geo location. If you do change it you lose the TO and must start all over again from scratch. double check on that.

Comment

• Time

Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                        Dont feel bad, I had to do the same thing plus the 86 again. Changed from MIA to other FL,

Sgt. K
                        "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• If you have a TO, you may change Geo. by applying under any new open announcement. If you receive a TO for your new location, you will submit a new application packet and you old TO will become null and void. You will go to the back of the TSU line for your new location. The benefit is that while everyone else is completeing their pre-employment steps, yours will already be complete meaning that you will get back in line faster than the newbies (but you will still be at the back of the line).
                          CBPO East Texas
                          TO: 3/3/09
                          Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                          Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                          VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                          Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                          Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                          BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                          TSU: 8/27/09
                          FCRA: 05/19/10
                          BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Hello Everyone

Hope all is well, I just stumbled upon this very informative blog, and would like to thank everyone for posting their info. I applied on July, Tested in August of 08, and was referred to TSU on the 17th of July for Miami. I hope we get that popular call sooner than later.
                            I also wonder if you make it to TSU, what are the chances of getting hired.
                            Thanks to all once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                              If you have a TO, you may change Geo. by applying under any new open announcement. If you receive a TO for your new location, you will submit a new application packet and you old TO will become null and void. You will go to the back of the TSU line for your new location. The benefit is that while everyone else is completeing their pre-employment steps, yours will already be complete meaning that you will get back in line faster than the newbies (but you will still be at the back of the line).
                              This is exactly correct. I know because I am doing it now (see my timeline). I currently am in TSU for one location and awaiting a TO for another that I applied for under a different announcement. I have confirmed this with both the TSU people and the MHC people.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                                Hey Firebug! I see your from NM. Do you know what it is like in Columbus NM? I heard that is a critical need area.
                                Sorry, I can't help you there. I have only been here for two weeks. I moved here from Vermont.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9778 users online. 501 members and 9277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X