Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple more hours and the Minneapolis Hiring Center will be open...

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
      Hey I have a question I dont think has been asked before here (at least not in the last few months) at FLETC do you get payed Georgia locality pay, your Geo's or none at all? I would expect it to be my GEO but thought I would check with ya'll
      You are paid locality at the port you are assigned to. If you go TDY, say to FLETC you still receive you locality as if you were at home and a per diem.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Sandwichman--A few corrections. It depends on the type of BI you must have as to how long between investigations. In our case we have an SSBI, which are done every five years. The good thing though is you might receive some light questioning about your family at the next one, but it shouldn't be nearly as intense as this one. If you only have a NACLC (investigation for a Secret) you under go a BI every 10 years and no interview is required unless something is found. Though we do undergo the SSBI, which is also used for a top secret clearance, you do not actually receive a clearance. In our case it is just paperwork to have the clearance convey. In our job we most likely will see nothing above for official use only or law enforcement sensitive. There are many jobs in the fed that require nothing more than a quick NCIC check for the employees. Many more, I would say most, only undergo a NACLC. Very few people need to be held to the higher standard of LE or require a TS/SCI/Yankee White.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• D-DAY Is Here Boys And Girls!!! Good Luck To Everyone Waiting For "the Call!" Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
            i got hired within 6 months from test date... 1 month after the test i got a TO... got hired two weeks after i finished college.. i dont understand how this process is so different for everyone...
            If you even try to contemplate the pattern in this process, blood will seep out of your ears. Then when it does, and your medical expires, you must diclose the fact that, in the interem, blood seeped from your ears. Using myself as an example, I tested one week later than a friend of mine in August of '08. He was issued his EOD at the beginning of December '08. They wanted him at FLETC on Dec. 19 and he asked for an extention because it had all happened so fast he didn't have time to tell his current employer that he would be leaving. They granted him an extension into January of '09. So, from test date till EOD was roughly 4 months. His was the only experience I'd had in this process, so you can imagine my dismay when he had already returned from FLETC and my qualifications hadn't even cleared yet. My advice is to buckle up and try not to look out the windows. This ride is a bumpy and unpredictable one. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
            Last edited by DirtStyx; 10-01-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• YAY Oct 1st!! The first day of fiscal year '10! Now we wait for the other shoe to drop and see if it lands on anyone!
              TSU- 07/14/09
              location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Man ,you know there are a couple dufuses around here that actually think Oct. 1 means anything at all..

Please speak up and tell me you actually believe that because its October that you are going to get called for duty so I can scold you

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                    Classic. If you're lucky the only thing October is gonna bring is cheap deals on beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                      The Best Yet!!!

Comment

• ha

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          PRICELESS..........

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            Thanks for the good luck wishes Barnaj, I think it worked.

Had the BI interview today and it lasted 2.5 hours. Both of my parents were born in Europe in former Eastern Block countries, and the investigator needed clarification on why my mom was born in one country but got a passport from another; how my father came into the country, are either of them dual citizens, etc. Another question that was asked was who she or my father speaks to from the old country on a regular basis, along with their names ages, and cities of residence, or who I speak to on a regular basis. The investigator also wanted to know why we lived in Venezuela for a while (pre-Chavez, in the early 80s), what nationalities were the companies my father had worked for; had any of my relatives ever supported governments that were opposed to this one, what the name of my elementary school was in Venezuela, why my family moved around, etc.

Everything I put on the SB-86 was basically gone over with a fine tooth comb, and I was asked if any of that info had changed (finances, prior residences I may have omitted, jobs, assets, drug use, criminal history, etc, etc).

My investigator told me that I'll have to go through the background investigation again every 5 years if I get the job. If I remember correctly he said any fed. agency job that requires security clearance has this as a mandatory policy. He didn't go into specifics but said he's been doing contract work for Uncle Sam as an investigator for several years and does the BIs for 5-6 different agencies.

Other things he said were that the fiscal year ends in August/Sept (which coincides with what you guys have said on here, new fiscal year starts in Oct) and that agencies try to squeeze in last minute hires around Sept, and that in the past the summers had been very busy as far as hiring goes, and that there has been a hiring surge for CBP agents. From what I gathered, it sounded to me like hiring in the fall usually slows down, probably in part due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner but picks up in the summers.
                            "From what I gathered, it sounded to me like hiring in the fall usually slows down, probably in part due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner but picks up in the summers"
                            That's not good news. Even though the new fiscal year is here, I bet it takes them until January- February or even March 2010 to get the ball moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              HAHAHAHA that's classic!!!!
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• 10 char limit
                                Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10222 users online. 487 members and 9735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X