300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    The hiring Center hires for 327 or so ports. I seriously doubt that the going-ons in SF/Oak. matter all that much to them...at least up to the point that they affect the majority of ports and/or the majority of hiring.

I actually think the test is good indefinately...or until they substantially modify it. I believe you can continuously renew it each year if that's what you want. Chances are, if someone has not been picked up within a couple of years he's probably scored too low and renewing it may not be of much help.
    Been honoring my test since early 2006. It only goes obsolete if they change it. Didnt even have to ask for an extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      I took my test in April of this year and I've completed everything except the BI which they came out today. The BI told me that they wanted the report back from her by october 12. She also couldn't believe that my signature date was from august 1, 09. She said that most people are usually investigated 9 months to 18 months after the date they signed which brings me back to my earlier post about getting people ready to go with retests and new people squared away. I know it's wishful thinking but you never know!!
      I got the same thing from my BI person and my interview was back in June.
      CBPO East Texas
      TO: 3/3/09
      Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
      Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
      Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
      VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
      Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
      Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
      BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
      TSU: 8/27/09
      FCRA: 05/19/10
      BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
        I got the same thing from my BI person and my interview was back in June.
        It looks like you moved pretty quick until the BI!! Thanks for bursting my big bubble!!! Lol!! Well hopefully with the new year around the corner, some of us will start moving!! We might all be at FLETC together and can laugh at all this waiting over a beer!!

Comment

• I'm sure somebody has answered this question before, but is it true that your test score doesn't really matter once you've hit TSU? Doesn't the government hire based on the date you arrived in TSU?

Comment

• i got hired within 6 months from test date... 1 month after the test i got a TO... got hired two weeks after i finished college.. i dont understand how this process is so different for everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
              i got hired within 6 months from test date... 1 month after the test i got a TO... got hired two weeks after i finished college.. i dont understand how this process is so different for everyone...
              When did you get hired, and what was your test score?

Comment

• dont really remember 90+... took the november 2008 exam... got a lot of seniority now and made the cut to go to seaport... everyone starts at the airport and if you want the money its where you need to be... with the amount of people being hired at newark i dont see many people going over to the seaport any time soon aka years

Comment

• WOW ITS HERE.. happy OCT 1st.. here its Oct 1st, 12:01 am in buffalo,ny... just sitting here waiting for "the call"... 12:03am here still waiting for "the call"... What the hell, its now 12:04am still no phone call.....wow cant believe this. it's 12:05 am and i still havent gotten a call.... ILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED....lol
                  CBPO

Comment

• Hey I have a question I dont think has been asked before here (at least not in the last few months) at FLETC do you get payed Georgia locality pay, your Geo's or none at all? I would expect it to be my GEO but thought I would check with ya'll
                    TSU- 07/14/09
                    location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Happy New Year!

I don't feel any different.

I know what I'm wishing for.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                        BI interview for me is tomorrow after work. They asked me for 3 additional references that I didn't include on eQuip (2 people who know me socially and a coworker). Prior employer to current job was visited already, current sup has been interviewed, current HR dept will be visited soon.
                        Thanks for the good luck wishes Barnaj, I think it worked.

Had the BI interview today and it lasted 2.5 hours. Both of my parents were born in Europe in former Eastern Block countries, and the investigator needed clarification on why my mom was born in one country but got a passport from another; how my father came into the country, are either of them dual citizens, etc. Another question that was asked was who she or my father speaks to from the old country on a regular basis, along with their names ages, and cities of residence, or who I speak to on a regular basis. The investigator also wanted to know why we lived in Venezuela for a while (pre-Chavez, in the early 80s), what nationalities were the companies my father had worked for; had any of my relatives ever supported governments that were opposed to this one, what the name of my elementary school was in Venezuela, why my family moved around, etc.

Everything I put on the SB-86 was basically gone over with a fine tooth comb, and I was asked if any of that info had changed (finances, prior residences I may have omitted, jobs, assets, drug use, criminal history, etc, etc).

My investigator told me that I'll have to go through the background investigation again every 5 years if I get the job. If I remember correctly he said any fed. agency job that requires security clearance has this as a mandatory policy. He didn't go into specifics but said he's been doing contract work for Uncle Sam as an investigator for several years and does the BIs for 5-6 different agencies.

Other things he said were that the fiscal year ends in August/Sept (which coincides with what you guys have said on here, new fiscal year starts in Oct) and that agencies try to squeeze in last minute hires around Sept, and that in the past the summers had been very busy as far as hiring goes, and that there has been a hiring surge for CBP agents. From what I gathered, it sounded to me like hiring in the fall usually slows down, probably in part due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner but picks up in the summers.
                        Last edited by sandwichman; 10-01-2009, 01:02 AM.
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                          I'm sure somebody has answered this question before, but is it true that your test score doesn't really matter once you've hit TSU? Doesn't the government hire based on the date you arrived in TSU?

Your test score is no longer relevant once you've received a TO. Yes, you're hired based on your TSU date, which may or may not change...depending on whether or not a person leaves TSU and for what reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
                            Hey I have a question I dont think has been asked before here (at least not in the last few months) at FLETC do you get payed Georgia locality pay, your Geo's or none at all? I would expect it to be my GEO but thought I would check with ya'll
                            You'll get the locality pay of whatever your home port is listed under. You're actually TDY while at FLETC.

Comment

• happy october.. anybody get a call yet? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                                WOW ITS HERE.. happy OCT 1st.. here its Oct 1st, 12:01 am in buffalo,ny... just sitting here waiting for "the call"... 12:03am here still waiting for "the call"... What the hell, its now 12:04am still no phone call.....wow cant believe this. it's 12:05 am and i still havent gotten a call.... ILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED....lol
                                LOL!!!! Yeah Happy FY10! Wait a minute....my phone is ringing.........It says UNAVAILABLE NUMBER.......maybe.......just maybe.......No! Its my boss sayin' get your butt to work, your not CBP yet!!!! Hahaha! Like 191 days and counting!
                                Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                                Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                                NOR: 09/2008
                                TO: 09/25/08
                                Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                                Drug Test: 11/2008
                                Oral Board: 12/03/08
                                BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                                Qualifications: 03/17/09
                                Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                                Geo Area: San Francisco County
                                Written:05/26/09
                                T.O.:08/28/09
                                Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                                Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                                Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11101 users online. 419 members and 10682 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X