Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by winnerwinner View Post
    I'm retaking my fitness Monday morning. Coming down to the wire. How long does it usually take to get back in line?
    Thanks,
    It took me about a good 2 weeks from the time I retook the test to get back into TSU!!! Good luck....
    TO-6/16/08
    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

    Comment


    • I am very eager for this week to be over. I hope that next week brings good news for everyone TSU folks and those waiting for TO

      Comment


      • Originally posted by when View Post
        I am very eager for this week to be over. I hope that next week brings good news for everyone TSU folks and those waiting for TO
        Not to be the bearer of bad news and i hope im wrong, but they seem to pride themselves on disappointing us. If i had to bet, my money would be on there not being a magical week of hiring and good news.

        Comment


        • Update - (kinda)

          I received a letter from TransUnion indicating that CBR/US CUSTOMS in Columbus, OH has requested information on my credit report. This is the 2nd time I received such a letter. The first time was right after my BI visit. I'm assuming this one is because they are researching my NOPA....I don't know. Still nice to hear something even if it's such a small thing as this.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
            I received a letter from TransUnion indicating that CBR/US CUSTOMS in Columbus, OH has requested information on my credit report. This is the 2nd time I received such a letter. The first time was right after my BI visit. I'm assuming this one is because they are researching my NOPA....I don't know. Still nice to hear something even if it's such a small thing as this.

            Yeah for sure. I take it your NOPA was a result of past credit history? If so thats good, at least you know they are working your case.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              Not to be the bearer of bad news and i hope im wrong, but they seem to pride themselves on disappointing us. If i had to bet, my money would be on there not being a magical week of hiring and good news.
              I agree. They have to fill November FLETC. We can expect some people to get the call, but who knows if any of those people will even be on this blog.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                I agree. They have to fill November FLETC. We can expect some people to get the call, but who knows if any of those people will even be on this blog.
                Exactly. Of course on the other hand, everything i guess, the opposite happens, so who knows?

                Comment


                • Are they going to do another "hiring announcement" before the year is over???

                  Comment


                  • Has anyone who took the cbp test on 03/09 received a TO yet???

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by I'm ready View Post
                      Are they going to do another "hiring announcement" before the year is over???
                      They probably got a ton of people in the pipeline right now. Probably wont open an announcement until they start moving some people on to fletc and then onto the job.

                      Comment


                      • Then again, they might just open a new announcement soon.

                        The last one was a while back and they've got to be near scrapping the bottom of the barrel when issuing current TO's under the old announcements. When you think of it, a new announcement means a whole new dump of scores in the 90-110 range.

                        Plus, announcements are as much political creatures as they are anything else. If Pelosi and/or Schumer decide that they want a new announcement to keep the folks in CA and/or NY busy, my money is riding on the thought that a new announcement will open up quite quickly.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Then again, they might just open a new announcement soon.

                          The last one was a while back and they've got to be near scrapping the bottom of the barrel when issuing current TO's under the old announcements. When you think of it, a new announcement means a whole new dump of scores in the 90-110 range.

                          Plus, announcements are as much political creatures as they are anything else. If Pelosi and/or Schumer decide that they want a new announcement to keep the folks in CA and/or NY busy, my money is riding on the thought that a new announcement will open up quite quickly.
                          I know around 10 guys who took the test last March/April and all scored very well. (SF/Oak) None of them have received a T.O. I know a guy who worked for TSA in Oakland and he said half of TSA in Oakland have tested and no one has received a T.O. How long is the test good for? Will they have to re take the exam?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                            I know around 10 guys who took the test last March/April and all scored very well. (SF/Oak) None of them have received a T.O. I know a guy who worked for TSA in Oakland and he said half of TSA in Oakland have tested and no one has received a T.O. How long is the test good for? Will they have to re take the exam?
                            The test is good for one year and then you can extended for another year up to two years total. Or if a new test comes out, different from the one they took. Whichever comes first.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                              I know around 10 guys who took the test last March/April and all scored very well. (SF/Oak) None of them have received a T.O. I know a guy who worked for TSA in Oakland and he said half of TSA in Oakland have tested and no one has received a T.O. How long is the test good for? Will they have to re take the exam?
                              I took my test in April of this year and I've completed everything except the BI which they came out today. The BI told me that they wanted the report back from her by october 12. She also couldn't believe that my signature date was from august 1, 09. She said that most people are usually investigated 9 months to 18 months after the date they signed which brings me back to my earlier post about getting people ready to go with retests and new people squared away. I know it's wishful thinking but you never know!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                                I know around 10 guys who took the test last March/April and all scored very well. (SF/Oak) None of them have received a T.O. I know a guy who worked for TSA in Oakland and he said half of TSA in Oakland have tested and no one has received a T.O. How long is the test good for? Will they have to re take the exam?
                                The hiring Center hires for 327 or so ports. I seriously doubt that the going-ons in SF/Oak. matter all that much to them...at least up to the point that they affect the majority of ports and/or the majority of hiring.

                                I actually think the test is good indefinately...or until they substantially modify it. I believe you can continuously renew it each year if that's what you want. Chances are, if someone has not been picked up within a couple of years he's probably scored too low and renewing it may not be of much help.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11879 users online. 399 members and 11480 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X