Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by shortybop View Post
    WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    No, i was joking. Do you actually think they'd put something like that?!
    Just trying to lighten the mood since no one is getting any positive feedback around here anymore.

    Comment


    • BI interview for me is tomorrow after work. They asked me for 3 additional references that I didn't include on eQuip (2 people who know me socially and a coworker). Prior employer to current job was visited already, current sup has been interviewed, current HR dept will be visited soon.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        BI interview for me is tomorrow after work. They asked me for 3 additional references that I didn't include on eQuip (2 people who know me socially and a coworker). Prior employer to current job was visited already, current sup has been interviewed, current HR dept will be visited soon.
        Yeah they do that sometimes. I had a seperate person besides my actual BI call me and ask me for an additional reference to call. Other than that they only interviewed one other person. Everyone does it differently. Good luck.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          No, i was joking. Do you actually think they'd put something like that?!
          Just trying to lighten the mood since no one is getting any positive feedback around here anymore.
          LOL LOL!!! You really got me there......

          Comment


          • Question: I've noticed that many on here have been waiting a LOOOOOONG time for a position w/ CBP. I am curious if this has something to do with where these people selected to be placed? I chose AZ as my first choice and would think there would be a greater demand for CBP agents there. Would you agree and, if so, do you think this could speed up my chances of getting hired or is there really no rhyme or reason to any of this???
            Last edited by kenpo1; 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM.

            Comment


            • Does anyone have a link to or know where I can find the location codes?

              I sent an e mail to MHC to confirm that they have me in the system for JFK since I reapplied in April but the response I got was this "You are currently active in the CBPO inventory for the location of: 264 NY and JFK and your score of 90 is good until: 6-30-2010. " Sounds great but I'm pretty sure loc. 264 is New York other. NY JFK should be 234. I need to confirm this before I respond. HELP! Thanks.
              Last edited by imlikeaninja; 09-29-2009, 06:11 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kenpo1 View Post
                Question: I've noticed that many on here have been waiting a LOOOOOONG time for a position w/ CBP. I am curious if this has something to do with where these people selected to be placed? I chose AZ as my first choice and would think there would be a greater demand for CBP agents there. Would you agree and, if so, do you think this could speed up my chances of getting hired or is there really no rhyme or reason to any of this???
                Well it depends. If they've been in TSU forever its probably location. If its BI taking a year to clear, its lack of investigators or a hiccup in your background.
                Other times its all about the benjamins. Hard to say with any degree of accuracy.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                  Does anyone have a link to or know where I can find the location codes?

                  I sent an e mail to MHC to confirm that they have me in the system for JFK since I reapplied in April but the response I got was this "You are currently active in the CBPO inventory for the location of: 264 NY and JFK and your score of 90 is good until: 6-30-2010. " Sounds great but I'm pretty sure loc. 264 is New York other. NY JFK should be 234. I need to confirm this before I respond. HELP! Thanks.
                  Heres a handful i stumbled across on google. Hope the one you want is on here:

                  203 - Arizona
                  258 - California-San Francisco and Oakland
                  259 - California-Los Angeles/Long Beach/LAX
                  270 - California-Calexico and Andrade
                  271 - California-Southwest Border Locations (includes but not limited to San Diego, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, and Tecate)
                  273 - Florida- All Other (includes but not limited to Ft. Lauderdale, Port Everglades, and West Palm Beach)
                  211 - Georgia (includes but not limited to Atlanta)
                  214 - Idaho
                  221 - Maine (includes but not limited to: Calais, Jackman, Portland, Coburn Gore, Ft. Fairfield, Ft. Kent, Houlton, Madawaska, Vanceboro and Van Buren)
                  228 - Montana (includes but not limited to Great Falls, Del Bonita, Piegan, Raymond, Roosville, Scobey, Sweetgrass and Whitetail)
                  278 - New Mexico-Columbus
                  279 - Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (includes but not limited to Saipan, Tinian, and Rota)
                  237 - North Dakota (includes but not limited to Portal and Pembina)
                  276 - Texas-Presidio
                  277 - Texas-West/New Mexico Locations (includes but not limited to El Paso, Fabens, TX; and the state of New Mexico (except Columbus)
                  274 - U.S. Virgin Islands-St. Thomas
                  275 - U.S. Virgin Islands-St. Croix
                  252 - Virginia (includes but not limited to Dulles Airport, Norfolk, and Richmond)
                  268 - Washington-Northern Border Locations (includes but not limited to Blaine, Frontier, Bellingham, Friday Harbor, Metaline Falls, Lynden, and Oroville)
                  269 - Washington-All Other Locations (includes but not limited Seattle)

                  Comment


                  • Not there thanks anyway. Anyone else? I'm beginning to think I'm cursed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                      Not there thanks anyway. Anyone else? I'm beginning to think I'm cursed.
                      Here you go chief.

                      I copied it off an actual job announcement for CBP. I hope this helps.

                      232 - New Jersey
                      234 - New York City/JFK Airport, NY
                      263 - New York-Buffalo (includes but not limited to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse)
                      264 - New York-All Other Locations (includes but not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Champlain, and Ogdensburg)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kenpo1 View Post
                        Question: I've noticed that many on here have been waiting a LOOOOOONG time for a position w/ CBP. I am curious if this has something to do with where these people selected to be placed? I chose AZ as my first choice and would think there would be a greater demand for CBP agents there. Would you agree and, if so, do you think this could speed up my chances of getting hired or is there really no rhyme or reason to any of this???
                        My GEO is Arizona, TSU since Aug 18, but the whole process took me 8 months and counting
                        Your TSU?

                        Comment


                        • Tsu

                          In TSU since 15 May... for St. Thomas, VI.

                          It's getting pretty annoying having people ask "Hey, any news from Customs" or "When are you starting the new job?" ... it's almost embarrassing having to answer that... again and again... with the lame "oh, still waiting for a phone call" and then their response is usually laughter.

                          :/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                            Here you go chief.

                            I copied it off an actual job announcement for CBP. I hope this helps.

                            232 - New Jersey
                            234 - New York City/JFK Airport, NY
                            263 - New York-Buffalo (includes but not limited to Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse)
                            264 - New York-All Other Locations (includes but not limited to Albany, Alexandria Bay, Champlain, and Ogdensburg)
                            Thats what I thought. So what do I go by she said 264 JFK. Do I go by the # or the name? I'm just a little freaked out because the first time I applied there was a similar screw up and I ended up with Northern NY as a geo and I'd probably be hired already if it weren't for their mixup.

                            Alas there is no emoticon for the way I feel right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                              In TSU since 15 May... for St. Thomas, VI.

                              It's getting pretty annoying having people ask "Hey, any news from Customs" or "When are you starting the new job?" ... it's almost embarrassing having to answer that... again and again... with the lame "oh, still waiting for a phone call" and then their response is usually laughter.

                              :/
                              So true. I know what you mean. Especially when the IA visit your work place and your co workers keeping asking you the same thing everyday.
                              _____________
                              CBPO - Washington Northern Border
                              Test: 2/27/2009
                              NOR: 3/09/09 (81% w/o vet.)
                              TO: 4/09/09
                              Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                              TSU: 6/11/09

                              Comment


                              • IfoCBP hit it right on the head. I havent been waiting in TSU that long
                                (07/10/09) But tested in march of 2008. And since ive been lurking on here, I havent counted on them calling me anytime soon. In fact ive posted before on this same thing and i will say this again, im applying for other agencies and if i get them, im gone. No disrespect to fellow CBP officers, but the way the economy is, and finding a good career is hard to come by. IfoCBP you have been more than patient, infact its wild you even stayed or remained waiting for them after what you have gone through most would have chalked it up a long time ago. If something comes my way I will be doing the exact same thing and not looking back. The way i see it is, if it happens it happens.
                                Goodluck IfoCBP-- im sure you will do good.
                                TSU since 07/10/2009

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7943 users online. 203 members and 7740 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X