300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
    I survived the polygraph! That was the most insane examination I've ever taken. I tentatively pass the polygraph according to the IA that proctor it. Now, a little more wait to hear from the opinion from HQ about my result...
    Tentatively passing means you didnt lie. Now the question is, will your answers find you unsuitable for employment? Thats the key, got a friend of mine's husband like that.

Comment

I survived the polygraph! That was the most insane examination I've ever taken. I tentatively pass the polygraph according to the IA that proctor it. Now, a little more wait to hear from the opinion from HQ about my result...
      Great!!!! May I ask what kind of insane questions they asked?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        Good for you friend! My i ask what agency? You see, CBP spent all this money to process you and because they are so friggin' slow, you ended up going somewhere else because of it. They probably lose many good officers for that very reason. Good Luck!!
        ICE.
        CBP re- tested me twice and my background took a really long time so last year I finally called them. They could not find my file. Two weeks later I call back and found out that I had been cleared for months, but my file had been lost. Two weeks later I show up in TSU, about the same time hiring froze up. In the meantime 3 friends who tested way after me passed me in the process, went to FLETC and have been on the job for months. 7 months later I am still waiting for CBP. I am former military, have a college degree, already work for DHS, and my background is as clean as they get. It’s been over two years. CBP wasted a lot of time and money.
        I said to the guy who called me this morning that I didn’t think I would hear from anyone until after the new fiscal year, he said, “we have already started using that money, but on paper your start date will be after the new fiscal year starts"
        I guess every agency works a little different.
        Good luck and good bye!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
          ICE.
          CBP re- tested me twice and my background took a really long time so last year I finally called them. They could not find my file. Two weeks later I call back and found out that I had been cleared for months, but my file had been lost. Two weeks later I show up in TSU, about the same time hiring froze up. In the meantime 3 friends who tested way after me passed me in the process, went to FLETC and have been on the job for months. 7 months later I am still waiting for CBP. I am former military, have a college degree, already work for DHS, and my background is as clean as they get. It’s been over two years. CBP wasted a lot of time and money.
          I said to the guy who called me this morning that I didn’t think I would hear from anyone until after the new fiscal year, he said, “we have already started using that money, but on paper your start date will be after the new fiscal year starts"
          Good luck and good bye!!
          Cant say it enough times, good for you!! Ive done the pt and med twice, drug test twice and my vbt expires in january. Ive been done with everything except the BI of course since october. BI showed clear on CASS in March, i emailed MHC and they said it was fully cleared. Then it went to TSU and the back to BI pending. MHC then said "sorry the clear code was erroneously entered by mistake.". Been waiting ever since. Everytime i contact IA, they say they are almost to a decision, try back in a few weeks. This is after already doing fletc for cbp once, and re-applying after that in late 2007 and hearing nothing. 3 times thru the process and still posting on this forum. You'll know if i ever get rehired because you'll never see me again!!
          If i got another opportunity, i'd take it and give CBP the finger.

Comment

ICE.
            Good luck and good bye!!
            ifoCBP,

Based on your background and patience, it sounds like you will be a good addition to any agency. Good luck to you at FLETC and in your new career!

Comment

• ifoCBP,
              Nice man, Congrats on getting into ICE. Now since your TSU Lounge chair is vacant.... can I have it?

Did anyone else log into CASS today and get a pop up from the DHS that said "Congratulations, this is your 10,000th CASS log-in. Unfortunately at this time we have no prizes to give out since we're broke... but this message has music so turn your speakers up!"

I can't take this wait any longer. I'm going insane.
              Last edited by seeOH; 09-29-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                ifoCBP,
                Nice man, Congrats on getting into ICE. Now since your TSU Lounge chair is vacant.... can I have it?

Did anyone else log into CASS today and get a pop up from the DHS that said "Congratulations, this is your 10,000th CASS log-in. Unfortunately at this time we have no prizes to give out since we're broke... but this message has music so turn your speakers up!"

I can't take this wait any longer. I'm going insane.
                Mine said: Congratulations!! This is your 250,000th CASS login!! Due to your Jesus-like patience with us, we had planned on giving you the job of CBP officer and the key to the city of your choice. You also are entitled to choose a prize from the following:

1) Tickets for 4 to every game of the World Series this year and $5000 spending cash

2) A $10,000 shopping spree to any store in your local area

3) $10,000 towards the purchase of any American made vehicle

*Due to fact that we thought you would have committed suicide by now, we didn't bother making any arrangements for the above. Please keep waiting and try back tommorrow.

Love,
                MHC

P.S. PENDING

Comment

ICE.
                  Good luck and good bye!!
                  Good luck on your endeavors

Comment

Mine said: Congratulations!! This is your 250,000th CASS login!! Due to your Jesus-like patience with us, we had planned on giving you the job of CBP officer and the key to the city of your choice. You also are entitled to choose a prize from the following:

1) Tickets for 4 to every game of the World Series this year and $5000 spending cash

2) A $10,000 shopping spree to any store in your local area

3) $10,000 towards the purchase of any American made vehicle

*Due to fact that we thought you would have committed suicide by now, we didn't bother making any arrangements for the above. Please keep waiting and try back tommorrow.

Love,
                    MHC

P.S. PENDING
                    Are you guys just kidding or serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                      Are you guys just kidding or serious?
                      Ummmm, deadly serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                        Here are a few glimpses of what is in store for you applicants:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...p/fletc_15.xml

J B (JBthug) posted this on delphi forum.. thought i would pass it on
                        Thanks looks like fun!

"CBP officers are thought how to defend themselves with OC spray"
                        CBPO
                        Test: July 2008
                        TO: 12/26/08
                        VBT 1/21/09-passed
                        Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                        Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                        Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                        BI - Cleared
                        TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                        BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                        Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                          Great!!!! May I ask what kind of insane questions they asked?
                          There was no insane question, very much straight forward. The only insane thing about it they asked you to relax and breathe normal. It was hard for me to relax when you have straps all over you and have you sit still. The hardest part is concentrating on being still and breathe, even though the strap tighten your breathing at the same time answer the questions. As for the types of question they asked, I am not sure if I am at liberty to tell. Overall it was an experience I will never forget.
                          TO: 4/09/09
                          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by bflogirl View Post
                            Thanks looks like fun!

"CBP officers are thought how to defend themselves with OC spray"
                            Its just an inert aeresol. Its like getting sprayed with lemon Pledge. You only get sprayed for real once at the end of training.

Comment

Ummmm, deadly serious.
                              WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Comment

There was no insane question, very much straight forward. The only insane thing about it they asked you to relax and breathe normal. It was hard for me to relax when you have straps all over you and have you sit still. The hardest part is concentrating on being still and breathe, even though the strap tighten your breathing at the same time answer the questions. As for the types of question they asked, I am not sure if I am at liberty to tell. Overall it was an experience I will never forget.
                                I understand. Im glad you got through it though. Good luck on the rest of the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17484 users online. 499 members and 16985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X