300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
    The length and regularity of PT runs in the spring/summer are the same as in the fall/winter. Even when there are "black flag" days during the spring/summer, the PT instructors still come up with inventive and innovative methods of getting in a good run. The only real difference between running in fall/winter or spring/fall, would be that during the late fall/winter months you may be wearing sweatshirts/sweatpants outside during your runs. Bottomline: nuggets sweat in November just as much as the nuggets do in July.

>>>>>>>LMAO>>>>>>>
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
      Anyone having trouble logging into CASS?
      It's fine this morning, though, I believe there is some sort of bug with it. I've had a pending for 13 months now. Surely, it must be something wrong with the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
        You don't have to wait for a new announcement to change your GEO before you get a TO. At this point you can just ask them to switch you some where else.
        Thanks! I think I'm going to try for Arizona. I was looking on the list and it doesnt look like there are much people waiting for that state.

Comment

The length and regularity of PT runs in the spring/summer are the same as in the fall/winter. Even when there are "black flag" days during the spring/summer, the PT instructors still come up with inventive and innovative methods of getting in a good run. The only real difference between running in fall/winter or spring/fall, would be that during the late fall/winter months you may be wearing sweatshirts/sweatpants outside during your runs. Bottomline: nuggets sweat in November just as much as the nuggets do in July.
          Crap. Do they give you the option of wearing a sweatshirt along with gym shorts? Or just tshirt and shorts? I've just gotta make sure that I don't dehydrate.

I was playing on the computer this sunday and my GF walks into the bathroom; "babe, what the hell is this? Did someone pour ecto-cooler into the toilet?"

No, I said, that just means that I need to drink more water. I'm very conscious of dehydration.
          CBPO
          GEO - NY/JFK
          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
          PE Forms - Completed
          Fitness - Completed
          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
          Drug Screen - Completed
          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
          TSU

EOD: ???
          FLETC: ???

Comment

• New Fit Test

Just got off the phone with scheduling for my new fit test that will expire 10/5/09. They must be slammed, the lady had to call two places as they were both full. The lady stated they only have 10 days to schedule you per DHS. Both places were full up to my 10th day. I don't know if this is good as in movement is coming, or there is that many people in front of me for FL-Other?? Oh well, any movement is good movement.

Just FYI.
            FLSTATE1 (FL - OTHER)
            TEST - 7/21/08 (89) W/O VET
            TO - 9/12/08
            VBT - 9/25/08: PASSED
            FIT TEST - 10/5/08: PASSED
            DT - 10/29/08 PASSED
            MET BI - 11/08
            GS-7 - 11/14/08
            MEDICAL - 4/1/09 CLEARED
            BACKGROUND - 8/5/09 CLEARED
            TSU - 8/7/09
            Pulled from TSU for New Fit Test 9/18/09
            NEW FIT TEST - 10/12/09 : PASSED
            Back in TSU again: 10/21/09
            EOD - ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
              It's fine this morning, though, I believe there is some sort of bug with it. I've had a pending for 13 months now. Surely, it must be something wrong with the system.
              Yeah, it must be a glitch in the system since mine has been pending since last October! (Insert sound of toilet flushing here).

Comment

• 7/30/09 TSU for Newark,NJ
                A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
                who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  Crap. Do they give you the option of wearing a sweatshirt along with gym shorts? Or just tshirt and shorts? I've just gotta make sure that I don't dehydrate..
                  Your PT instructor will tell you what to wear, and in what (if any) combination. What will not happen, is half the class wearing one type of PT uniform, and the other half wearing another.

Hydration should occur throughout the day. You should shoot for 8-10 12oz. servings of water a day. This will ensure you stay properly hydrated, no matter what you wear during PT.
                  sigpicTwo is one,
                  one is none.

Comment

Your PT instructor will tell you what to wear, and in what (if any) combination. What will not happen, is half the class wearing one type of PT uniform, and the other half wearing another.

Hydration should occur throughout the day. You should shoot for 8-10 12oz. servings of water a day. This will ensure you stay properly hydrated, no matter what you wear during PT.
                    Dont see why it matters when one third of the class is wearing a shirt that is gray, another third is wearing blue shirt and the final third is wearing a shirt that appears to be purple. Not to mention the 24 different people wearing 24 different styles of tennis shoes. And don't get me started on the shorts which can also be gray, blue or purple.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Dont see why it matters when one third of the class is wearing a shirt that is gray, another third is wearing blue shirt and the final third is wearing a shirt that appears to be purple. Not to mention the 24 different people wearing 24 different styles of tennis shoes. And don't get me started on the shorts which can also be gray, blue or purple.
                      True, but as you and I know, this is because of the FLETC PT staff who have updated some of their PT uniform inventory, while keeping some of the older inventory uniforms. What they all have in common is the FLETC seal, which makes all the PT uniforms "uniform" in FLETC's eyes. The shoe situation is another story. I have to admit, it would look much better if the FLETC PT regs. mandated either having all trainees wear all white or all black shoes for PT. Que sera, sera.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

Comment

True, but as you and I know, this is because of the FLETC PT staff who have updated some of their PT uniform inventory, while keeping some of the older inventory uniforms. What they all have in common is the FLETC seal, which makes all the PT uniforms "uniform" in FLETC's eyes. The shoe situation is another story. I have to admit, it would look much better if the FLETC PT regs. mandated either having all trainees wear all white or all black shoes for PT. Que sera, sera.
                        Yeah man, whatever will be will be. Uniform is an easily stretched word. In the air force, half the people are wearing desert abu's, the other half are wearing jungle bdu's. There are a hundred different hats and berets, three different colors of boots in assorted styles. Guess clothes dont make the person though.

Comment

• Originally posted by nevet
                          Does anyone know when CBP plans to put a hiring announcement on USAJOBS?
                          You never can tell. Keep an eye on cbp.gov and usajobs is all you can do. They normally have one every year around august, but they didnt this year, so only time will tell.

Comment

• I'm out! I am done! I got the call yesterday! (Not for CBP) but for another agency. I thought it would never happen, it's been so long. I have waited over two years for CBP, I have re-tested twice! I have been in TSU for 7 months and still nothing. My advice, don't wait around and apply to everything. Thanks to everyone for all their posts and advice this past year, good luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                              I'm out! I am done! I got the call yesterday! (Not for CBP) but for another agency. I thought it would never happen, it's been so long. I have waited over two years for CBP, I have re-tested twice! I have been in TSU for 7 months and still nothing. My advice, don't wait around and apply to everything. Thanks to everyone for all their posts and advice this past year, good luck!!
                              Good for you friend! My i ask what agency? You see, CBP spent all this money to process you and because they are so friggin' slow, you ended up going somewhere else because of it. They probably lose many good officers for that very reason. Good Luck!!

Comment

• I survived the polygraph! That was the most insane examination I've ever taken. I tentatively pass the polygraph according to the IA that proctor it. Now, a little more wait to hear from the opinion from HQ about my result...
                                TO: 4/09/09
                                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11267 users online. 251 members and 11016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X