Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any cases on there BI that were Nolle Prosse? "Dropped" and if so what happend with them. Its been forever and a day in the managers office. Thinking like the ajudicator said better that its taking longer. to the best of my knowelged heres my time line...

GEO: MIA-
    Test Nov 07
    NOR Nov 07: 89
    drug: Pass
    Fitness:Pass
    med: March-08
    Sept-08 BI Inteview had ajudication for other CBP position, this was a reinvestigation.
    GEO Change Oct-08 other FL,
    RE test med-March 09
    ajudiators desk NOV-09
    NOPA : April 09 while in training
    IRAQ- Jun-09 found out about the NOPA
    They had the documents couldnt fine them at first.
    in Managers office since probley July/Aug-09
    Last edited by MP-K-9; 09-25-2009, 10:36 PM. Reason: typo
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
      You passed!

25 PU = 25
      35 SU = 30
      11+ touches = 36
      30 secs lift = 36

all you need is 80% to pass

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf
      Actually, you need a total of at least 80 points...seeing you scored a 127...you did very well! Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        You must be testing for BPA? Try honorfirst.com
        Yes. I used honorfirst. com but there's no information on how the parts are weighted. I purchased the practice booklet from a link posted on that site.
        IEA
        ----
        Written 6/2009 (Eligibility expires 6/2012)

BPA (Southern Border)
        ----
        Written 9/2009 (Eligibility expires 8/2011)
        Tentative Selection 8/2010
        *Application withdrawn due to relocation*

NYPD
        ----
        Written 8/2010 (91%)

FAMS
        ----
        CO 11/1
        FAB 12/9 - passed
        Panel/PTA/SAC - X

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
          I have a question to anyone who has taken the new fitness test and have got the results. What is considered passing? Heres how I did today:

25 PU/ 1 Min.
          35 SU/ 1 Min.
          14 and 18 Side Steps in 10 secs.
          8 of the lift lower cycles in 30 secs.
          Side Step- Pass

Just curious. I was kind of bummed that the CD they used today didnt have the disco type music like last year! The music made it at least funny. Today was UP UP DOWN DOWN. Thanks everyone!
          Man, you knocked out those side steps.

Comment

• I have a question. Is it true that when you've taken your second drug test, that you will be getting "the call" soon? I know this sounds silly, but I have spoken to a few CBP and BP guys, and they have all told me this. If not how many drug tests have you guys taken other than the initial one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bebo View Post
              I have a question. Is it true that when you've taken your second drug test, that you will be getting "the call" soon? I know this sounds silly, but I have spoken to a few CBP and BP guys, and they have all told me this. If not how many drug tests have you guys taken other than the initial one?
              I wouldn't believe any of that. Any federal job subjects you to random drug testing. Some people might go a whole career and never get tagged for another. When i was first in the military, i was drawn for testing like 3-4 months in a row, then never again for the next 3.5 years.

Comment

• My neighbor just knocked on my door. He said the investigator just came by to ask him about me, and the questions they asked were very extensive. I suppose I'll get a call pretty soon about the BI interview. One step closer..
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Took the test in May 09 received my NOR in June. Has anyone receive a TO yet that tested in May/June? My geo preference is West Texas/Southern NM. I am hoping for El Paso

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding the fitness test. Glad to see I passed with more than enough points. I thought those side steps were the easiest part. I am still bummed out that there was no music for the step test though! Now I hope they update my file Monday or Tuesday so I can rejoin my fellow SFO/OAK TSU'ers.

Thanks again!
                    Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                    Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                    NOR: 09/2008
                    TO: 09/25/08
                    Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                    Drug Test: 11/2008
                    Oral Board: 12/03/08
                    BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                    Qualifications: 03/17/09
                    Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                    Geo Area: San Francisco County
                    Written:05/26/09
                    T.O.:08/28/09
                    Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                    Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                    Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Job swaps aren't all that easy in CBP. There is no centralized website to post them in, and even if you do manage to get together with someone willing to swap, your port or his port can and often does find some reason to deny the swap.
                      Well that sucks..but thanks, I guess I will see once I actually get hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by imlikeaninja View Post
                        [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

This was answered yesterday. Just yesterday and a gajillion (rough estimate) times in the past. I'm not sure where the confusion comes from but as long as I have been involved in the process it has always been EOD,2-4 weeks of pre academy at your port, then FLETC, then 1-2 days later report to your POE.

I was never one of those guys that gets bent out of shape when new people ask questions that were answered a billion times but c'mon, yesterday. Sorry all this waiting is making me surly.
                        Oh calm down Bevis....the only reason why I asked my questions because somebody else asked a question, that lead to my question...sorry next time I'll weed through all the threads before I ask anything....geez, thanks for your help there buddy.
                        P.S...I'm really suprized on how some people are rude on these threads, everyone has lots of questions , and I appreciate those who answers them..with out the sarcasm

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                          Oh calm down Bevis....the only reason why I asked my questions because somebody else asked a question, that lead to my question...sorry next time I'll weed through all the threads before I ask anything....geez, thanks for your help there buddy.
                          P.S...I'm really suprized on how some people are rude on these threads, everyone has lots of questions , and I appreciate those who answers them..with out the sarcasm
                          The response from Ninja is quite normal. The purpose of a forum is to get questions answered as you said......and the search tool is perfect for that....you can search and (if you find your question was posted previously)...then you get your answer immediately instead of waiting a day or so for someone to respond. I don't think he resulted to name calling though....and by the way....it's Beavis..with an "a".

Comment

• Basic Research

We are approaching 700 pages on this thread and I don't expect anyone to read all of the pages. I do, however, expect people to read their job announcement and the documents posted on the CBP website:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

If those documents don't answer your questions, then you should search this forum and then ask if you come up empty-handed. At the end of the day, we are here to help each other.

I also look at the US Customs & Border Protection Job Forum:
                            http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages

I like that forum because topics are broken up by title, the search function works well, and most of my questions have already been answered.

Best of luck everyone. Go Chargers.
                            Last edited by Bolts56; 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM. Reason: Edited per Beecy's suggestion

Comment

• Bolt,

Your post is way off base and out of line.

Its GO DOLPHINS!!!
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                                We are approaching 700 pages on this thread and I don't expect anyone to read all of the pages. I do, however, expect people to read their job announcement and the documents posted on the CBP website:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...reers/officer/

If those documents don't answer your questions, then you should certainly ask here. At the end of the day, we are here to help each other.

I also look at the US Customs & Border Protection Job Forum:
                                http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/messages

I like that forum because topics are broken up by title, the search function works well, and most of my questions have already been answered.

Best of luck everyone. Go Chargers.
                                I agree about reading the job announcement and docs on the website. I also agree about the 700 pages. Thankfully, we have the search option to make it easier. I would insert "search" here before you "ask" here simply to possibly get your answer faster than waiting for a reply. I encourage people to do the same on the Delphi forum. It works just as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6539 users online. 346 members and 6193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X