300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
    Meeting with my Background Investigator tomorrow for my first time....any suggestions on how to dress....not to sure if I should wear business, casual, or just look really clean in some jeans??
    Can't go wrong with the full suit. I did. But I will suggest no gangster type suit; you know, long strip coat with top hat and long chains..
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
      Meeting with my Background Investigator tomorrow for my first time....any suggestions on how to dress....not to sure if I should wear business, casual, or just look really clean in some jeans??
      When I met with my BI, I wore dress pants and button-up shirt. Basically, business casual should do it, but no jeans.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
        I agree, I heard if you turn down the call, you might as well forget it, because they already invested a lot of money into you as an pre-employment applicant, that they dont want to waste anymore...so they may not consider you again...just what I heard, how accurate, I dont know, but that's what I've been told, so that scared me to the point that and I'm saying yes to whatever, even if it's caca town!...
        HAHAHA caca town!!!!!
        TO-6/16/08
        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• So how often do positions open up for border agent? Got a bro that just flew up to somewhere for an interview and testing. Does not look like there are any openings at the moment.

And also...

What is the min time since last use of marijuana? (Experimental) Could not find it on the site - 2 years for me. Got a sneaky suspicion that its 3.... oh college...
          Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by ni86 View Post
            When I met with my BI, I wore dress pants and button-up shirt. Basically, business casual should do it, but no jeans.
            Yeah thats what I figured I was gonna wear, thanks guys....

Comment

• Mary Jane

Originally posted by DJKAHUNA View Post
              So how often do positions open up for border agent? Got a bro that just flew up to somewhere for an interview and testing. Does not look like there are any openings at the moment.

And also...

What is the min time since last use of marijuana? (Experimental) Could not find it on the site - 2 years for me. Got a sneaky suspicion that its 3.... oh college...
              Well, I'm not a BI nor did I have this issue with mine... however... I'm 99% certain it's a 3 year period. I know my buddy got disqualified from further processing with BP for violating this clause by like 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                Can't go wrong with the full suit. I did. But I will suggest no gangster type suit; you know, long strip coat with top hat and long chains..
                I agree, I wouldnt go with a Cab Calloway suit. Business casual or shirt and tie would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                  You know what? let me ask him again and make sure its not 09 instead of 08, because that does sound off...it sounds more logical if it was 09, because that would be right around your TSU date...I'll talk to him after this weekend...now I'm curious..but I do know he said he tested 3 yrs ago..
                  Yes let us know what he says, thanks!!
                  TO-6/16/08
                  TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DJKAHUNA View Post
                    So how often do positions open up for border agent? Got a bro that just flew up to somewhere for an interview and testing. Does not look like there are any openings at the moment.

And also...

For most departments or agencies its more like 5, but they look at it case by case so setting a time to it isn't practical.

By looking at your sig there it looks like you've applied to a lot of agencies. Good luck man, I'll tell you the feds are usually more lenient on recent pot use then locals. You should think about doing 4 years in the Coast Guard or something to put some distance between you and that pot. It's really going to hurt you.

And to address your first question, whether it be Border Patrol Agent or Customs and Border Protection Officer, they open an announcement on USAjobs.gov whenever there is a need, no rhyme or reason to the frequency. You apply online and go from there.

Comment

• I'm taking the test this wed.

I've been studying hard, and took a practice test.

I scored 100 on the logic, but did pretty crappy on the artificial language. Around 30/50 (terrible) .... so according to the book it was around 70 percent answered correctly -

Do they scale the test differently? Does the logic section weigh more than the language part or vice versa?
                      IEA
                      ----
                      Written 6/2009 (Eligibility expires 6/2012)

BPA (Southern Border)
                      ----
                      Written 9/2009 (Eligibility expires 8/2011)
                      Tentative Selection 8/2010
                      *Application withdrawn due to relocation*

NYPD
                      ----
                      Written 8/2010 (91%)

FAMS
                      ----
                      CO 11/1
                      FAB 12/9 - passed
                      Panel/PTA/SAC - X

Comment

• Also - the practice exam did not have the questions asking about previous work experiences - is that part of the grading process?
                        IEA
                        ----
                        Written 6/2009 (Eligibility expires 6/2012)

BPA (Southern Border)
                        ----
                        Written 9/2009 (Eligibility expires 8/2011)
                        Tentative Selection 8/2010
                        *Application withdrawn due to relocation*

NYPD
                        ----
                        Written 8/2010 (91%)

FAMS
                        ----
                        CO 11/1
                        FAB 12/9 - passed
                        Panel/PTA/SAC - X

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                          I misread the faq on the website, sorry. What's this pre-academy stuff you guys are talking about?

If my GEO is in Maine, but I live in FL, would I have to go to Port Everglades or Port of Miami for 2-4 weeks for this pre-academy thing, then go GA (FLETC), then from there to my post in Maine?

or

By port, do you mean I'd have to go to my GEO for for 2-4 weeks before FLETC, then down to FLETC, then back to GEO?

(I understand the whole bit about more than likely having no time between FLETC and deployment/GEO location).
                          You'll be coming up here to Maine for pre-academy. It's always at your duty station. What location do you want in Maine?

Comment

• Originally posted by rmatic09 View Post
                            I'm taking the test this wed.

I've been studying hard, and took a practice test.

I scored 100 on the logic, but did pretty crappy on the artificial language. Around 30/50 (terrible) .... so according to the book it was around 70 percent answered correctly -

Do they scale the test differently? Does the logic section weigh more than the language part or vice versa?
                            You must be testing for BPA? Try honorfirst.com

Comment

• I have a question to anyone who has taken the new fitness test and have got the results. What is considered passing? Heres how I did today:

25 PU/ 1 Min.
                              35 SU/ 1 Min.
                              14 and 18 Side Steps in 10 secs.
                              8 of the lift lower cycles in 30 secs.
                              Side Step- Pass

Just curious. I was kind of bummed that the CD they used today didnt have the disco type music like last year! The music made it at least funny. Today was UP UP DOWN DOWN. Thanks everyone!
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
                                I have a question to anyone who has taken the new fitness test and have got the results. What is considered passing? Heres how I did today:

25 PU/ 1 Min.
                                35 SU/ 1 Min.
                                14 and 18 Side Steps in 10 secs.
                                8 of the lift lower cycles in 30 secs.
                                Side Step- Pass

Just curious. I was kind of bummed that the CD they used today didnt have the disco type music like last year! The music made it at least funny. Today was UP UP DOWN DOWN. Thanks everyone!
                                You passed!

25 PU = 25
                                35 SU = 30
                                11+ touches = 36
                                30 secs lift = 36

all you need is 80% to pass

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8534 users online. 420 members and 8114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X