300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
    I don't think so, I mean how could 2 people (that I know of) have a TSU date of 6 months after and already EOD. Unless her coworker got called and turned down what was offered and is holding out until he/she gets where they would like to go.
    It's possible.

A person could be "temporarily" removed from TSU to clear up a BI issue, redo testing, or settle some other sort of hangup and then, once all was cleared, re-enter with their original TSU date.

Those people picked-up while someone was in "TSU limbo" would jump in and EOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      It's possible.

A person could be "temporarily" removed from TSU to clear up a BI issue, redo testing, or settle some other sort of hangup and then, once all was cleared, re-enter with their original TSU date.

There are also the other 2 all too important factors that people forget. Someone at MHC just randomly calling anyone in no particular order, and somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who works at MHC.

Comment

It's possible.

Ahh Merlin, I was afraid you were going to respond at some point and correct me!!! Haha, thanks for the info though!!
        TO-6/16/08
        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Is there truth to the rumors saying that calls are going to start coming in October? Frankly, I am losing my mind waiting around for "the call" and I don't want to get my hopes up too high on false rumors. I' msure you folks can sympathize.

I just emailed a friend at headquarters and I'm hoping he might be able to confirm the rumors. If I hear aything I will pass it on to you guys.
          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

Don't count on moving out of anywhere, especially in such a short period of time as 2 years. Does it happen, yes...but not for most. Moving out is not easy and most people will find themselves locked into their original ports for years beyond their 2-year mark.
            any reason why transfering is so difficult? I know with other Federal agencies it's a lot easier.
            I live on the West Coast, but I am from the east coast. Say I do 3-5 years on the West Coast, any chance I can find myself working in the North East someday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              Is there truth to the rumors saying that calls are going to start coming in October? Frankly, I am losing my mind waiting around for "the call" and I don't want to get my hopes up too high on false rumors. I' msure you folks can sympathize.

I just emailed a friend at headquarters and I'm hoping he might be able to confirm the rumors. If I hear aything I will pass it on to you guys.

Something tells me that its just not gonna work like that. One can be hopeful and point at the new fiscal year as an excuse to hope that they will just all of a sudden begin hiring, but I would say nothing drastic is going to take place. Given the amount of calls to TSU and what people have said (this includes myself and a call to TSU today) I would say that its wishful thinking to see a change come October.

This forum is what you should keep an eye on, cause what happens to those in TSU on here is the only true sign of any movement beyond the theories being tossed about. I know people will be shouting all over the place when 1 or 2 people get the call, so stay tuned

Comment

• A surge

I called the training schedule Unit the other day and talked with Jessica about the new fiscal year. She says there is a pick up in hiring after the new fiscal year.
                CBPO
                TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                T.O. 3/31/09
                S7

FAM
                Applied: 2/5/10
                paperwork: 3/27/10
                CO: Waiting

Comment

• This economy ain't helpin' neither.
                  Timelines:

CBPO
                  App: 2/12/09
                  Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                  Written: 2/20/09
                  NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                  TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                  App: 5/5/09
                  Geo: San Diego
                  Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                  NOR: 7/20/09
                  Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                  TO: 10/6/09
                  Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                  Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                  Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                  App: 8/17/10
                  Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                  TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                    I'm taking it you would like to stay here in Houston?

Yes - we have family here in Houston, so would really prefer to stay here.
                    CBPO:
                    Geo: East TX
                    TSU: 7/10/09

Comment

• E. Texas

Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                      Are you sure your coworker has been waiting since 5/2008?? I have a friend who sister had a TSU date of sometime in Nov, she EOD in March and graduated in June. On another forum, I saw another person who had a TSU date of like 11/20/08 who EOD in early May, both were for E Texas. I find it hard to believe that your coworker has been waiting in TSU since 5/2008 for E Texas.

It could be possible....San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi are smaller and not very busy airports and spots there are far and few between. When it comes to bigger airports (Dallas, Houston) your chances of getting an EOD date are sooner. That may just be one reason why it's taking a while.
                      *****CBP Officer*****
                      Hot South Texas

Comment

• Anyone know generally when the Salary Table will be available for 2010?

Comment

• Nevermind, the answer to that is clear on OPM

Comment

• Originally posted by Nubian View Post
                            Anyone know generally when the Salary Table will be available for 2010?
                            The following is from the OPM website.

Update on January 2010 Pay Adjustments
                            On August 31, 2009, President Obama used his alternative plan authority under 5 U.S.C. 5303(b) to set the across-the-board pay increase for General Schedule employees at 2.0 percent for January 2010. The President has authority to issue a subsequent alternative plan regarding locality pay rates for January 2010 by November 30, 2009. As a consequence of issuing the August alternative plan, January 2010 pay increases for the Executive Schedule, the Vice President, and Federal Justices and Judges would also be 2.0 percent. The 2010 special rate pay adjustments will be announced after the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) completes the special rate annual review and the GS across-the-board and locality pay adjustments are finalized.
                            OPM will post 2010 pay tables including the across-the-board General Schedule and locality pay adjustments as soon as possible after the final pay determinations have been made. In prior years, Congress has passed legislation specifying the overall amounts of annual pay adjustments. To date, no such legislation has been enacted for January 2010

FB

Comment

• Meeting with my Background Investigator this Saturday....finally

Comment

• Originally posted by SSG_MP View Post
                                Meeting with my Background Investigator this Saturday....finally
                                That aint too long. You only got your t.o. like 2 months ago, correct? Either way, enjoy!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 232 members and 6081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X