Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TSU Newark, NJ - 7/30/09
    A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
    who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
      There's been a lot of posts lately regarding the TSU. What about after you get done with FLETC. How long have the wait times been after you got done with FLETC before you were contacted for deployment?

      If I understood the FAQs correctly on the CBP website, once you get done with training there's another undefined waiting period for the deployment notice or phone call.
      Thats incorrect. After you graduate fletc, you have one travel day and then report to your duty station for work. Unless of course you get some leave approved after graduation.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        There's been a lot of posts lately regarding the TSU. What about after you get done with FLETC. How long have the wait times been after you got done with FLETC before you were contacted for deployment?

        If I understood the FAQs correctly on the CBP website, once you get done with training there's another undefined waiting period for the deployment notice or phone call.
        if you get to fletc that means you were hired. you usually start pre fletc training at your poe/station, usually 2-4 wks. Then you go to fletc and when you are dont there u go back to your poe/station to start your post fletch training right away. as far as i know there is no more waiting after fletc. your in and on probation for 3 yrs. thats how i understand it. good luck
        CBPO

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          There's been a lot of posts lately regarding the TSU. What about after you get done with FLETC. How long have the wait times been after you got done with FLETC before you were contacted for deployment?

          If I understood the FAQs correctly on the CBP website, once you get done with training there's another undefined waiting period for the deployment notice or phone call.

          It’s my understanding you report to your port a few days after FLETC and immediately begin work. You are an official employee as of your very first day of pre academy. (EOD date) I have heard you can request some vacation time after FLETC so you can move or whatever, but I have never heard that you have to wait around for another call.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
            if you get to fletc that means you were hired. you usually start pre fletc training at your poe/station, usually 2-4 wks. Then you go to fletc and when you are dont there u go back to your poe/station to start your post fletch training right away. as far as i know there is no more waiting after fletc. your in and on probation for 3 yrs. thats how i understand it. good luck
            probation is 3 years? I thought it was two.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              probation is 3 years? I thought it was two.
              2 years.

              Comment


              • Lax/lb TSU 4/15/09

                Comment


                • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  2 years.
                  It is usually two years. However, under EO13162, FCIP can be extended for another year (a total of three years) if the nugget's department or agency (with OPM's blessing) deems it necessary.
                  sigpicTwo is one,
                  one is none.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                    It is usually two years. However, under EO13162, FCIP can be extended for another year (a total of three years) if the nugget's department or agency (with OPM's blessing) deems it necessary.
                    Yeah. I assume that if they are still wondering about your ability to work the job after two years, you probably aren't going to successfully complete your probation anyway!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      Yeah. I assume that if they are still wondering about your ability to work the job after two years, you probably aren't going to successfully complete your probation anyway!
                      True. The only instances I have seen a nugget's FCIP go to three years, was when the nugget had been detailed to multiple places for large chunks of their first two years. In these cases the nugget's sups. felt that they had not "seen" enough of the newbie's skills, and that the sups. felt that another year was necessary.
                      sigpicTwo is one,
                      one is none.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                        Well so far seems to be a pattern..everyone is pretty much around the same months 4,5,6 ect..of 2009, other than an ocasional person whose been waiting since 08... I have 2 co-workers whose been in TSU since 8/1/09...then another co worker whose been waiting since 5/?/08?. I think he's giving up, and that's for E. TX... I was also told when I called TSU that E.TX has a LONG wait list, whatever that means...so I'm wondering if there are people waiting for E TX from 5/08 to now ?..if so that sucks.
                        Are you sure your coworker has been waiting since 5/2008?? I have a friend who sister had a TSU date of sometime in Nov, she EOD in March and graduated in June. On another forum, I saw another person who had a TSU date of like 11/20/08 who EOD in early May, both were for E Texas. I find it hard to believe that your coworker has been waiting in TSU since 5/2008 for E Texas.
                        TO-6/16/08
                        TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TexasCBP View Post
                          TSU East TX - 7/10/09
                          I'm taking it you would like to stay here in Houston?
                          TO-6/16/08
                          TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                            Are you sure your coworker has been waiting since 5/2008?? I have a friend who sister had a TSU date of sometime in Nov, she EOD in March and graduated in June. On another forum, I saw another person who had a TSU date of like 11/20/08 who EOD in early May, both were for E Texas. I find it hard to believe that your coworker has been waiting in TSU since 5/2008 for E Texas.
                            I hope that that is not the case. I have been waiting in TSU for East Texas since 4/10/09.
                            Geo Preference: East Texas
                            TSU: 4/10/2009

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                              probation is 3 years? I thought it was two.
                              i stand corrected.. i think you are right 2 yrs. probation
                              CBPO

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kearney3 View Post
                                I hope that that is not the case. I have been waiting in TSU for East Texas since 4/10/09.
                                I don't think so, I mean how could 2 people (that I know of) have a TSU date of 6 months after and already EOD. Unless her coworker got called and turned down what was offered and is holding out until he/she gets where they would like to go.
                                TO-6/16/08
                                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8797 users online. 437 members and 8360 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X