300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
    Gonzo, CBP is so shorthanded they don't know what to do... and summer is almost here.
    is this the new shoulder patch worn on the left side? how big is the patch?

Comment

• cbp1811,

Yes this is the new patch. PM me your email and I will send it to you. Not sure on the size, but it is a very nice design. Due to its professional look, I will get a bunch and start swaping with other LE Agencies.
      Last edited by matyoka; 04-18-2008, 07:26 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
        Well I hope I end up with houston, tx this :P

still undecided whether to do airport or sea port. said before airport is 34miles from my house and sea port is 65 miles from my house.

driving sucks but so does the airport I hear. I want to be walking around and checking things. Not to much into stamping things :P
        I hear you but you really dont get a choice. one other recruit at the seaport with me in 10 miles from airport and was stationed at seaport. He really wanted airport but its just where they put you .

Comment

• just have a question does anybody know if cbp has a SRT team or SWAT team?

Comment

• Originally posted by superkream View Post
            just have a question does anybody know if cbp has a SRT team or SWAT team?
            Yeah, CBP has SRT teams. I think you ned to be at least a GS-11 to apply. Only certain high profile ports like Miami, Laredo, Houston, Detroit, JFK... have SRT teams. The academy is tough, running 3 times a week averaging 14 miles, swimming up to 30 minutes... it's the real deal. Being a member of SRT is nice, however you get your share of stamping passports and secondary processing just like anyone else.
            Last edited by matyoka; 04-19-2008, 03:57 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by superkream View Post
              just have a question does anybody know if cbp has a SRT team or SWAT team?
              I heard there was one in miami houston and san diego srt

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                waiting for video results and everything else to clear.... anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for them to post results on CASS?
                It took about a week to get the result in the mail for the VBT, but it has not yet shown up in CASS.
                CBPO - Nirgendwo in Amerika

Comment

• Originally posted by matyoka View Post
                  cbp1811,

Yes this is the new patch. PM me your email and I will send it to you. Not sure on the size, but it is a very nice design. Due to its professional look, I will get a bunch and start swaping with other LE Agencies.
                  How'd you manage to get a picture of the new patch? We're really close to HQ and none of those guys have seen the patch yet. You're real name wouldn't happen to be Basham would it?
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Recieved a TO

Deleted....
                    Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                      How'd you manage to get a picture of the new patch? We're really close to HQ and none of those guys have seen the patch yet. You're real name wouldn't happen to be Basham would it?
                      Just because you're close to HQ doesn't mean that you'll see it first!!!

Comment

• Does anyone have any opinions on the CBPO position versus the IEA job? I'm pretty clear on the duties, but I'm not very clear on the pay and benefits of the IEA job. I know IEA's only go up to GL-9, but they do get AOU, which I'm not familiar with. I've read the definition, but I'm curious to hear a personal opinion.

Thanks,
                        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                        July 09 Oral Board
                        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• I'll be done with 5 0f 7 by the end of the mth with only my BI and Quals to clear any idea how long that will take??

Comment

• Vermont

Does anyone know if you receive a TO for Vermont, where are you more than likely to be stationed? Thanks
                            A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
                            who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
                              LOL that's a good one. No worries, my last name is Bush. Jokes aside, I didn't realise it was such a big secret. I received many PMs asking for the damn thing's picture. Every Port Director should have gotten it from the same source on the same day Don't know what the secrecy is about, it's only a patch and all of us will have it soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                Does anyone have any opinions on the CBPO position versus the IEA job? I'm pretty clear on the duties, but I'm not very clear on the pay and benefits of the IEA job. I know IEA's only go up to GL-9, but they do get AOU, which I'm not familiar with. I've read the definition, but I'm curious to hear a personal opinion.

Thanks,
                                ICE will start you out as a 5 unless you are a Legacy INS officer, in which case salary will be matched up to 9 step 10. Their pay system is good, but you work 50 hrs a week because the built in 25% auo pay. Anything over 50 hrs is overtime paid at time and a half, not double like CBPOs. Sundays are not premium eather. The following is an excerpt from the DOJ files:

"AUO pay is annual premium pay for administratively uncontrollable overtime work. AUO pay is paid in the biweekly pay check, and varies from 10 to 25 percent of basic pay, depending on the average number of unscheduled overtime hours worked."

IEA agents make their money on fly-duties(deportations). Perdium and the total time of flight is premium due to the fact that they are on the clock from the time they leave the office in the USA till they arrive to the Hotel in the Foreign country.
                                Last edited by matyoka; 04-20-2008, 03:38 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7307 users online. 373 members and 6934 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X