Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I havn't logged on in awhile, hoping that when I did I would read about someone getting 'THE CALL.' I guess I should have known better.
    I saw some new fellow TSA 'officers.' I wonder how many more are out there but just too ashamed to speak up.
    I talked to CBP officer here in Minneapolis. He said they just received 10 lateral transfers to fill the 5-7 positions that were vacant. But they should have another 2-3 retiring in the next 5 years... or maybe someone will die. Other then that its gonna be a long wait.
    TSU- 07/14/09
    location- Minneapolis

Comment

• on a less cynical side note: does anyone else play Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on X-box Live? Im not that good but always look for freinds to play with/against
      TSU- 07/14/09
      location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by tsawille View Post
        on a less cynical side note: does anyone else play Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on X-box Live? Im not that good but always look for freinds to play with/against
        Yes, but on PS3 :-(. I also play World at War - Nazi Zombies level. Though, I've been cutting back due to being a full time dad.
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
          just asked a lady at TSU about any semblance of a timeline. She told me it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another job in the interim because she didn't think I have much chance of being hired over the next 2 or three months. The "New fiscal year" seems to be a line that is recited because it sounds right, rather than having anything to do with hiring. Awesome.
          I got a totally different answer when I called. Maybe they answer port specific.
          I called TSU today because I was pulled from TSU to re-test and was seeing if I was back in. I am back in, it took less than a week! I got my original TSU date back. I asked the woman about hiring and she said after October 1st hiring will start back up for certain ports. I think she used the term high priority. She said the port I selected was a high priority (SF/OAK) and we should see hiring start back up. But she said only those ports deemed high priority will be hiring, but it’s going to start off slow. I remember when I applied to this job two and a half years ago there was a list of high priority, for California is was SF/OAK, LA/Long Beach and the border crossing near San Diego. Not sure about the rest of the country, some current CBPO might know.

Comment

• ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO IS UP TO DATE ON THIS FORM... PLEASE POST YOUR GEO. LOCATION AND TSU DATE. EXAMPLE THIS IS MY INFO

SW/SAN DIEGO - TSU 09/15/09

SO WE ALL CAN TELL HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON TSU AND HOW FOR BACK THE TSU LINE GOES. I PLAN TO GATHER ALL THE POSTING AND CREATE ONE HUGE LIST FOR EACH GEO. LOCATION. THANKS FUTURE CBPOS

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
              ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO IS UP TO DATE ON THIS FORM... PLEASE POST YOUR GEO. LOCATION AND TSU DATE. EXAMPLE THIS IS MY INFO

WA/Northern Border TSU 06/11/09

SO WE ALL CAN TELL HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON TSU AND HOW FOR BACK THE TSU LINE GOES. I PLAN TO GATHER ALL THE POSTING AND CREATE ONE HUGE LIST FOR EACH GEO. LOCATION. THANKS FUTURE CBPOS

Comment

• We have been told by the resident experts to wait until October 1. It is only September 22. If nothing happens by October 8 or October 15 then we should start to wonder...

We've all invested a lot of time into this process, so lets not let a couple of more weeks get to us. Hang in there everyone!

Comment

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO IS UP TO DATE ON THIS FORM... PLEASE POST YOUR GEO. LOCATION AND TSU DATE. EXAMPLE THIS IS MY INFO

SDCBP,
                  Thanks for taking on this task.

CA - SW (San Diego) - TSU 7/31/09

Comment

• WA/Northern Washington TSU 8/15/09
                    CBPO
                    TSU 8/7/09 Washington Northern Border
                    T.O. 3/31/09
                    S7

FAM
                    Applied: 2/5/10
                    paperwork: 3/27/10
                    CO: Waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Hieroglyph83 View Post
                      WA/Northern Washington TSU 8/15/09
                      When did you tested? Mine was in Feb. in Seattle.

Comment

• NY/JFK - TSU 6/2/2009
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

BUFFALO,NY - TSU 05/07/09
                          CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                            Also was wondering, if CBP have a female to male ratio? ( like TSA) in other words are females in demand? since females are use to screen other females..same sex rule ect ...just thought I'd ask..( keeping my fingers cross maybe that may help "bump" me up on the totum pole?) doubt it though...
                            Last I knew, the ratio was roughly 18% females. That was a few years back.

There is, or was, a special section of hiring set aside for hiring women in locations where there was a pressing need for them. That was true a few years back at least. I have no idea if it's still active today, or even if it was ever actually used.

Comment

A long time haha...E TX, TSU 12-01-08.
                              TO-6/16/08
                              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• NY Other (Northern new york) 5-22-9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9976 users online. 473 members and 9503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X