• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
    good answer.
    Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Im sure they were reffering to those at Walmart, Arby's, Jack's Carwash and KMart.
      I see nothing wrong with hard honest work.

Comment

Test scores don’t really matter. Only when it comes to T.O. I scored really high and been in TSU for 7 months. I have seen guys (border line idiots) with low 70’s go ahead of me, get to FLETC and graduate and are now on the job. All because my background went through the process extremely slow.
        That sucks!!! Well look at the bright side, everything happens for a reason. Maybe the time wasnt right and the position and the people you will be working with coming out of FLETC will mesh better with you. Please tell me the same thing after Im waiting another 7 months watching people score lower than me getting in before me!! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          That sucks!!! Well look at the bright side, everything happens for a reason. Maybe the time wasnt right and the position and the people you will be working with coming out of FLETC will mesh better with you. Please tell me the same thing after Im waiting another 7 months watching people score lower than me getting in before me!! lol
          it's a common theme around here. Many of us have the same experience. Luckily for me, I have a decent job.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Im sure they were reffering to those at Walmart, Arby's, Jack's Carwash and KMart.
            I got a buddy who runs a Walmart. His base Salary is around $100,000 but his bonus is a percentage of the stores total earnings. Last Spring, Walmart wrote him a check for little under $400,000. He gets this bonus every year plus or minus depending on how the store did. He also gets great stock options. He works 4 days on, 4 days off. His goal is to retire by age 40 and open a up motorcycle shop to keep himself busy.

He started out as a stock boy in high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
              I got a buddy who runs a Walmart. His base Salary is around $100,000 but his bonus is a percentage of the stores total earnings. Last Spring, Walmart wrote him a check for little under $400,000. He gets this bonus every year plus or minus depending on how the store did. He also gets great stock options. He works 4 days on, 4 days off. His goal is to retire by age 40 and open a up motorcycle shop to keep himself busy.

He started out as a stock boy in high school.
              I just picked 4 places at random.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with hard honest work.
                Nor do I. Just picked some non-LE jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teppo Oni View Post
                  last month i called MHC and they said they are not hiring miami or florida
                  she said maybe next fiscal year
                  TSU since june i know there are many before me
                  hope they call before january dont want to retake the fit test
                  I've been saying that all along. All you people trying to get Miami, forget it. You'll be waiting a while. I agree with the prior Montana post. If you want the job, be flexible with your GEO and if you want to get in, shoot for a location as remote and out of the way as possible to get in (Montana, North Dakota, etc, etc) where very few want to work is where you'll get in the quickest.
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                    I don't understand this budget thing because ICE IEAs have been getting calls for classes in October already.
                    The same thing for Border Patrol, what's going on with CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                      I've been saying that all along. All you people trying to get Miami, forget it. You'll be waiting a while. I agree with the prior Montana post. If you want the job, be flexible with your GEO and if you want to get in, shoot for a location as remote and out of the way as possible to get in (Montana, North Dakota, etc, etc) where very few want to work is where you'll get in the quickest.
                      By now you should know better than to believe anything anyone from MHC says about TSU. There is a different theory every other page. While putting in for a remote port might seem sensible, on the other hand that small remote port may have the same 2 officers for 30 years and if you are 10th in line for that port, you could have alot longer wait than some waiting for such an active area as Miami. I personally would rather be 50th in line for Miami than 5th for North Dakota.

I have seen a lot more calls for highly active areas than remote over the past 3 or 400 pages of this thread. When the calls pick up, I would logically expect the busy areas to get the calls. Everyone needs to remember the pool in TSU may be large by past standards, but you are still in TSU. Only a few make it that far due to many variables. I bet I could go back through this entire thread and only find 150-200 people in TSU on this thread, and this thread is what, 3 years old? While this may not be a good measure of the nationwide TSU pool, it still shows that its a small number.

EDIT: although now that I think about it, its all irrelevant because none of us have any idea what is going on anyways. But, its fun to theorize.
                      Last edited by colinm112; 09-22-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

My first GEO was florida, then I changed to Arizona, I hope to receive the call soon. I think that's depends in what they need.

TSU-Aug 18 and counting

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          just asked a lady at TSU about any semblance of a timeline. She told me it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another job in the interim because she didn't think I have much chance of being hired over the next 2 or three months. The "New fiscal year" seems to be a line that is recited because it sounds right, rather than having anything to do with hiring. Awesome.
                          Just great! Here I am thinking it is almost at an end. Ok I am going to be a bit optimistic/delusional. Maybe the 2-3 month period is right after all. Maybe the good folks at TSU are counting the months of september (no calls/no money just twiddling thumbs waiting), october (when the money is finally disbursed and decided on its use) and november (when the calls and EODs are finally given). 2-3 months sounds about right.

I give them until December. After December ; I don't know, I will be exploring other options.

Comment

Then go to Montana.
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• I am pretty sure they hired Miss Cleo to answer the phones at TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thek9 View Post
                                Then go to Montana.
                                Elvan intézve. That's modern day Hungarian for its sorted out.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not staying in Miami once I'm done with FLETC. I was just giving advise to anyone trying to get down here, they'll have a long wait, and I'm not just talking smack either, I'm speaking from experience.

If you read my previous posts, you'll see the process didn't start for me until I changed my GEO FROM Miami.. just my $.02.

Anyway, we'll see who gets in when. I'm sure there are a bunch of factors involved with all this including the ones previously mentioned.
                                Last edited by sandwichman; 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9071 users online. 287 members and 8784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X