Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as a quota for females I doubt one exists. Mainly because most ports have what they need to complete the job. If the job just recently opened up to allow women then I could see a quota, but women have been in and on the job a very long time, so don't expect much in the way of preference based on the make-up of your chromosomes.

It can be argued that a policy that prohibits a man from searching a woman or vis-versa is gender based discrimination. That is a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1968.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      Welcome!!! Waiting on BI to clear and thats it!! I spoke to someone on the phone the other day and they told me I was on what they call "fast track" and that it shouldnt take long to clear my BI if nothing came up in the preliminary check. I'm hoping that means they are trying to get me cleared for October, (hey, a girl can dream). I guess we will have to wait and see. As of cbp meeting a quota for females, I would like to know the answer to this, also. I took the test with about 85 people and only 5 of those being women including myself. Lets just say I definitely had an upper hand on the written part compared to the other 4.
      Sorry to spoil your "Dream", but the process takes nothing from gender, for TO's (they go by score) and for Job Offers (they go by TSU date, location specific, if there are funded spots).

You could be issued an "interim" clearance and sit in TSU for a year!...

Expect the worst and hope for the best... and don't look for anything making sense through the process!
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• canjunchik-- "Lets just say I definitely had an upper hand on the written part compared to the other 4". ..

what makes you say that? do you know the other 4 girls or even what they scored?
        Last edited by anthony30; 09-22-2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: addressed to canjunchik
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
          Entered TSU 9/18/09 for the SW Border - San Diego. I applied for a geographical change to SF/OAK from the last announcement and received a NOR with a test score of 100 in May. I haven't seen much movement for the SW Border on this forum for a while now; as in, few even mention it. With that said, what are the chances of receiving a TO for SF/OAK before receiving the call for EOD for the border?
          There is a long TSU line for SF/OAK going back to March. As far as I know, and someone else on here can correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot have two Geo locations. You are either in line for the SW border, or when you reapplied they pulled you from the SW border location and are now waiting for a TO for SF/OAK. I would double check to make sure.

Comment

Welcome!!! Waiting on BI to clear and thats it!! I spoke to someone on the phone the other day and they told me I was on what they call "fast track" and that it shouldnt take long to clear my BI if nothing came up in the preliminary check. I'm hoping that means they are trying to get me cleared for October, (hey, a girl can dream). I guess we will have to wait and see. As of cbp meeting a quota for females, I would like to know the answer to this, also. I took the test with about 85 people and only 5 of those being women including myself. Lets just say I definitely had an upper hand on the written part compared to the other 4.
            Most GEO locations have very long TSU lines, I don't see how there is any "fast track"
            if there is a fast track, it's a fast track to hurry up and wait. Never heard of a female quota, my understanding is they hire by TSU date, not by Gender, race, religion, etc..

Comment

• just asked a lady at TSU about any semblance of a timeline. She told me it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another job in the interim because she didn't think I have much chance of being hired over the next 2 or three months. The "New fiscal year" seems to be a line that is recited because it sounds right, rather than having anything to do with hiring. Awesome.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony30 View Post
                canjunchik-- "Lets just say I definitely had an upper hand on the written part compared to the other 4". ..

what makes you say that? do you know the other 4 girls or even what they scored?
                No, I dont know what they scored. I spoke with them after the test. They said they didnt think they passed because it was "sooooo hard". 3 of them didnt study at all for it. I had a very long conversation with all of them and Im not one to judge a book by its cover but if you cant put a single sentence together while holding a conversation then I cant imagine you being able to score high on the english or math portion. CBP has a higher standard and thats why we are all here. That is where my accusations came from. If your heart is not in it enough to prepare by studying the materials, then do you want them working by your side??? I don't!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  just asked a lady at TSU about any semblance of a timeline. She told me it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another job in the interim because she didn't think I have much chance of being hired over the next 2 or three months. The "New fiscal year" seems to be a line that is recited because it sounds right, rather than having anything to do with hiring. Awesome.
                  That was good advice. I don’t think much will change come October 1st. Hiring will most likely pick up in the next few months, but I don’t see the flood gates breaking. Things have been at almost a stand still since last February. People really should not be holding onto this job, especially if you are not in TSU. TSU lines are so long now. I called TSU over the summer and there were over 100 in line just for SF/OAK. Most people should expect not to be hired anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofU76 View Post
                    Most GEO locations have very long TSU lines, I don't see how there is any "fast track"
                    if there is a fast track, it's a fast track to hurry up and wait. Never heard of a female quota, my understanding is they hire by TSU date, not by Gender, race, religion, etc..
                    I kind of figured about the female thing when the fitness test was the same for both male and female. I actually like that better. It just means that I deserve to be there just as much as the next person and it wasnt my sex that got me there.
                    As far as the "fast track", maybe the lady told me that just to get me off the phone. We all know, they like to tell us what we want to hear. It could be my GEO, also. People love to vacation my city, but would never want to live here. I love it, though!!!

Comment

No, I dont know what they scored. I spoke with them after the test. They said they didnt think they passed because it was "sooooo hard". 3 of them didnt study at all for it. I had a very long conversation with all of them and Im not one to judge a book by its cover but if you cant put a single sentence together while holding a conversation then I cant imagine you being able to score high on the english or math portion. CBP has a higher standard and thats why we are all here. That is where my accusations came from. If your heart is not in it enough to prepare by studying the materials, then do you want them working by your side??? I don't!!
                      You said “CBP has a higher standard and that’s why we are all here.”
                      Higher standard than whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                        Im sure they were reffering to those at Walmart, Arby's, Jack's Carwash and KMart.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                          None in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Im sure they were reffering to those at Walmart, Arby's, Jack's Carwash and KMart.
                            Thank you Barnaj!!!

Comment

Test scores don’t really matter. Only when it comes to T.O. I scored really high and been in TSU for 7 months. I have seen guys (border line idiots) with low 70’s go ahead of me, get to FLETC and graduate and are now on the job. All because my background went through the process extremely slow.

Comment

None in particular.
                                good answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10710 users online. 379 members and 10331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X