300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
    October is the greatest month of the year. Baseball, Football, Hockey, College Football, Halloween, new fiscal year... oh... and my birthday. Hopefully a new job. That would make it the best for sure.
    haha good call..my bday also ..the 11th! What a great gift from cbp that would be!
    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
      I don't understand this budget thing because ICE IEAs have been getting calls for classed in October already.
      ICE jobs are more necessary right now, so they are probably the higher priority. Maybe they are allowed to hire in advance because of the need, but CBP has to wait until the money is in their hands because they don't need it as much. This is assuming that the Federal governement follows a logical or sensible expense path, which does not seem to be the case.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• For those that love the outdoors (Fishing, Hunting, Backpacking...) There is prob great opportunity to get in CBP.

My process took about 10 months total from scratch to EOD. I scored pretty good... This included a return to the doc for a CBC. In total, there were 2 other people present for the initial test date. Of the three of us - the two present were taking the test at my location while on a vacation backpacking Glacier Natl park... They were shooting for Michigan...
        I believe there were two other test locations at the time in Montana - no clue as to the qty of people taking that test - though I would imagine it was not too different from my situation.

The majority of sites are out there in the sticks (as referred to by CNN reporter) however Sweetgrass has the most potential for activity - least IMO.
        Roosville is up there though is permit only for commercial so a bit more limited on experience building... it is a 24/7 port though which enables all the goodie treats of differential pay.

HOWEVER, one valued aspect of CBP in Montana - The officers are trained / operate in all aspects of the job off the bat - vs say southern border or a major sea port were you are stuck working your seniority time to "new and exciting" operations. So - in one sense, it is much slower in traffic though holds better opportunity in resume building - leading to transfers to other ports more fitting with your desire...
        Of course, you may be stuck at the port until it has opportunity to fill your spot.

Back and forth - though for those who love what Montana has to offer - it may be right up your alley!

Food for thought.
        Last edited by Sytes; 09-21-2009, 08:35 PM.
        Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
          I don't understand this budget thing because ICE IEAs have been getting calls for classed in October already.
          There are going to be 3-5 times more hirings of CBPO's than IEA's, because CBPO's outnumber IEA's 3-5X. There are over 20K CBPO's. ICE as a whole agency, janitors and clerks included, has about 17K employees.

I'd be willing that there are at least as many CBPO's going to the academy in OCT. as IEA's. The difference...hiring 100 IEA's in any month is big news for DRO. Hiring 100 CBPO's in a month is a drought for CBP.

In a good month, CBP will start 300+ CBPO's. ICE might be looking to hire 500 IEA's in a good year.

Comment

• Hello yall ! new to forum...I've been in the TSU since Aug 6,09 for East TX. there are several of us that I work with that have been waiting for a while in TSU..and I'm sure I'm last on the totum pole!

Comment

• Also was wondering, if CBP have a female to male ratio? ( like TSA) in other words are females in demand? since females are use to screen other females..same sex rule ect ...just thought I'd ask..( keeping my fingers cross maybe that may help "bump" me up on the totum pole?) doubt it though...

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                Hello yall ! new to forum...I've been in the TSU since Aug 6,09 for East TX. there are several of us that I work with that have been waiting for a while in TSU..and I'm sure I'm last on the totum pole!
                Welcome!!
                TO-6/16/08
                TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• last month i called MHC and they said they are not hiring miami or florida
                  she said maybe next fiscal year
                  TSU since june i know there are many before me
                  hope they call before january dont want to retake the fit test
                  CBPO:
                  WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                  NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                  T.O.: 2/09
                  GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                  Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                  Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                  VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                  Medical - 2/09 completed
                  Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                  Fitness - 2/09 completed
                  BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                  TSU- 6/24/2009
                  EOD- ??? wish they would call
                  update credit check 4/10
                  new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                    I've been in TSU since june 29th for Buffalo NY. I called TSU this morning and the woman told me there are no vacancies but that because buffalo is one of the larger ports they expect to have vacancies in October once the budget money comes in. I asked her if she meant October as in the first week of october and she said they're probably wont be too many calls in the first week because not everywhere will have gotten thier money until the end of the first week. I also tried to get out of her where i was on the pipeline of applicants and she said that she couldnt really tell me that but that there are people as far back as early spring. Hope this brings some hope to everbody in TSU for Buffalo!
                    My TSU date is 4/28 for Buffalo so I hope that I am among the "early spring" people... Today marks a very long 147 days for me!
                    CBPO - Buffalo-Niagara, NY
                    T.O. - Dec 2008
                    TSU - April 28, 2009

CBP Border Patrol Agent - Tucson, AZ Sector
                    Exam - Aug 2009 (NB)
                    Results - 88 - no Vet points

Switched to SB - 8/2010
                    TO - 8/2010

Austin Police Department
                    Applied - June 2010
                    Exam - Aug 2010
                    Physical - Aug 2010
                    Oral - Aug 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp14051 View Post
                      My TSU date is 4/28 for Buffalo so I hope that I am among the "early spring" people... Today marks a very long 147 days for me!

Yes that is great news I am 4/29/09 I think there is about a month of people before us.
                      CBPO
                      Test: July 2008
                      TO: 12/26/08
                      VBT 1/21/09-passed
                      Medical - 1/21/09 - cleared 4/28
                      Fitness - 1/21/09 - passed
                      Drug test - 2/5/09- passed
                      BI - Cleared
                      TSU -4/29/09 (Buffalo)
                      BI2 - cleared 8/11

ICE Special Agent
                      Test 7/22/09 passed

Comment

• You have to wonder what the deal is with the East Texas Region. Obviously they anticipated demand for officers as evidenced by the number of TOs extended and subsequently the number of applicants in TSU. If the demand were not there, the cutoff score would have been set at 98 and reduced the number of eligible applicants. You have to believe that if they issued that many TOs (factoring in the normal attrition rate) that the jobs are there and they are just low on the priority list at this time. I have an 8/27 TSU date which puts me in the back of the line. I hope many people have grown frustrated and moved on to other opportunities or I may be in for a long wait! That or maybe they hire all 200 of us at the same time!

Disclaimer: The above rambling makes the assumption that there is a method to the madness. DHS and MHC retain the right to operate the hiring process in a completely chaotic fashion.
                        Last edited by USMC0844; 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM.
                        CBPO East Texas
                        TO: 3/3/09
                        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                        TSU: 8/27/09
                        FCRA: 05/19/10
                        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• My TSU date is 4/24/09 for Buffalo NY. I also called and talk to a women in TSU she told me they will be calling people soon. This was back in May. So don't start packing your bags just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by drcapp View Post
                            My TSU date is 4/24/09 for Buffalo NY. I also called and talk to a women in TSU she told me they will be calling people soon. This was back in May. So don't start packing your bags just yet.
                            After the first week in October if I don't start seeing some serious EOD dates here I'm going to start looking around at other Insurance jobs. How much more of our time can they waste? I'm not going to stay where I am forever waiting for this erratic process to come around. I'm making half of what I was making last year, under the assumption that I would be called inside of two years since application. My life needs to move forward.
                            CBPO
                            GEO - NY/JFK
                            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                            PE Forms - Completed
                            Fitness - Completed
                            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                            Drug Screen - Completed
                            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                            TSU

EOD: ???
                            FLETC: ???

Comment

• 10 char limit
                              Last edited by Thoughtless; 07-16-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                                Hello yall ! new to forum...I've been in the TSU since Aug 6,09 for East TX. there are several of us that I work with that have been waiting for a while in TSU..and I'm sure I'm last on the totum pole!
                                Welcome!!! Waiting on BI to clear and thats it!! I spoke to someone on the phone the other day and they told me I was on what they call "fast track" and that it shouldnt take long to clear my BI if nothing came up in the preliminary check. I'm hoping that means they are trying to get me cleared for October, (hey, a girl can dream). I guess we will have to wait and see. As of cbp meeting a quota for females, I would like to know the answer to this, also. I took the test with about 85 people and only 5 of those being women including myself. Lets just say I definitely had an upper hand on the written part compared to the other 4.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6208 users online. 225 members and 5983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X