Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-8 weeks roughly. Most probably 4-5 weeks.

Comment

• Any CBP guys here from the VA office? I just got my tenative offer for the Virginia duty station. Anyone Know what life is like in VA for CBP?
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• got a T.O for Arizona...

Will I be able to choose from a list of duty locations when/if I get a final offer?

How tough is it to get a non-border post in AZ??? (Phoenix Int'l airport, etc)

What AZ locations are viewed as the most desirable?

EDIT: One FINAL question...

With the 6c for CBPO's pasing in a house committee, how soon until it's passed by the senate and CBP finally gets 6c????
        Last edited by mjcek; 02-05-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• When was "6C" for CBPO's passed in the House? That's news to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436
            When was "6C" for CBPO's passed in the House? That's news to me.

I believe it was passed in a COMMITTEE vote, not the full house...

Comment

• one other question...

How is the Nogales border viewed as far as working conditions, available OT, etc? I'd prefer a post where I can commute from Tucson, if possible.

Comment

• JFK Question

I'll be taking the CBPO Test later this month in NY. Question is what is the reality of getting hired on at JFK if I scored at least a 90 on the test? Is JFK hurting for people? I'm currently AD Airforce due to seperate in July. After 9 1/2 years AF I'm ready to move on to a new career!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek
                  I believe it was passed in a COMMITTEE vote, not the full house...
                  Understood.

I'll take a stab at your questions, or at least a couple of them:

1. Probably. If history serves, most new hires are offered more than 1 POE. I wouldn't be expecting to choose from 9-10, but 2-3 are usually offered.
                  Notice I said usually...I know of several people who were only offered one. Best of luck.

2. No idea.

3. No idea.

4. IMO, never. Or at least not within the foreseeable future.
                  DHS/CBP/Uncle Sugar has had at least two shots at giving us "6C" in the last 4 years and passed on both.(the creation of DHS/reorganization of the legacy agencies...and Bush's plan to hire 6000 BPA's and deploy the NG along the border.) I simply don't see it as part of any current plan.

Comment

• ok here are a few more ???'s for you guys...

1.What is the uniform for CBPO's at FLETC?

2. Are new CBPO's primarily put on midnights? days? rotation? Are you eventually put on a permanent shift, or do all CBPO's work rotating shifts?

3. Does an Arizona posting start you at a higher step at the GS-5 level?

4. I KNOW this will vary, but REALISTICALLY, what can a GS-5 in AZ expect to bring home when you include OT, nights, etc? (I'm speaking mainly of locations such as Nogales and other border posts)

Comment

• just saw this on CBP.gov...

1. Can I change my chosen duty locations after I have been referred over to the Training and Scheduling Unit?

No. If you have been referred over to the Training and Scheduling Unit for an entry on duty date and class schedule, you will not be able to change your duty location choices.

So does this mean I can change my location preferences during the hiring process? Would that affect anything (timewise) since the T.O letter already stated an assigned location?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjcek
                        ok here are a few more ???'s for you guys...

1.What is the uniform for CBPO's at FLETC?

2. Are new CBPO's primarily put on midnights? days? rotation? Are you eventually put on a permanent shift, or do all CBPO's work rotating shifts?

3. Does an Arizona posting start you at a higher step at the GS-5 level?

4. I KNOW this will vary, but REALISTICALLY, what can a GS-5 in AZ expect to bring home when you include OT, nights, etc? (I'm speaking mainly of locations such as Nogales and other border posts)

I only know #1--- They were their standard duty CBP uniform and issued backpacks
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

• i got a notice of tentative selection letter in the mail yesterday. I am going to fill it all out. About how long am i looking to hear back from them if they select me?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by yooper
                            i got a notice of tentative selection letter in the mail yesterday. I am going to fill it all out. About how long am i looking to hear back from them if they select me?

Thanks
                            Hey man, i got my letter on dec. 8th and got my official application packet (handwritten and online to fill out) on dec. 23rd. that packet takes alot of time to fill out, so have as much info as possible on hand. since then Ive taken my medical, physical, structured interview and urinalysis. so i guess when you get your official packet things start moving along quick as long as you do what they ask and when and pass allyour tests. im hopin to get some more correspondence soon (wishful thinking).
                            Hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

• how long?

Anyone from CBP know how long it normally takes to get an offer after you pass your urinalysis? passed mine a week ago and i know normally when they get that intrusive normally they will be offering you employment.
                              Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
                                Anyone from CBP know how long it normally takes to get an offer after you pass your urinalysis? passed mine a week ago and i know normally when they get that intrusive normally they will be offering you employment.
                                Thanks.
                                Where are you with your BI?

Hate to disappoint you...but there is no rhyme or reason behind which step gets scheduled when after one gets a TO. You just as easily could have had your "whiz quiz" first thing.
                                Last edited by merlin436; 02-08-2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5162 users online. 202 members and 4960 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X