300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
    Gonzo, how long was it before you got the call for new hire orientation with TSA? I just finished the medical, and will use TSA as experience to get into CBP in the future.
    Not a bad idea. I went to TSA straight out of college. I was a TSO for 15 months at PHL. Best thing about it is that after a year, you qualify for GS-7 in CBP. Some of my TSA friends were starting to make the switch to CBP.. thats how I found out about it.

I just took the written for CBP on 3/15, and received my NOR of a 90 (no vet pref) on 4/13. Geo. pref of PA.

But anyway, as vsgonzo said, yes you will have to put up with a lot of BS. I sure did. But in the end, its a fed. job and you'll get some entry-level experience to build on. Good luck man.
    ICE IEA Philadelphia FO (Dingmans Ferry, PA)
    Written: 5/15/08
    NOR: 5/20/08
    TO: 10/28/08
    Medical/Drug Test: Cleared from CBP
    Fitness: 2/02/09
    BI: 3/15/09
    OB: 4/24
    EOD: 7/27
    FLETC: 7/29 (Class 928)

CBPO Pennsylvania
    Written: 3/15/08
    NOR: 4/2/08
    TO: 5/22/08
    Pre-Emp Forms: 6/2/08
    Fitness/Medical: 6/18/08
    VBT: 6/30/08
    Drug Test: 7/10/08
    Quals: (GS-7) 7/23/08
    Met w/ BI: 9/24/08
    BI submitted: 10/10/08
    TSU: 4/2/09
    Removed from TSU (med/fit): 6/4
    EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
      oh snap!!! referred to EOD!!!

Application Status
      You have applied for the following position(s): BPA - 304390 | CBPO - 315664

Border Patrol Agent -304390 FAQ's for this position
      Referred to Schedule EOD 3/20/2008 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.

Get the Latest News for Applicants HERE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customs and Border Protection Officer -315664 FAQ's for this position
      Referred to Schedule EOD 4/15/2008 You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more.
      how long have you been in the process for each position?
      CBPO
      Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
      Med/Fit-completed 1/08
      Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
      Quals-completed 6/08
      BI-completed 8/08
      Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
      Start-10/14/08
      FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• I deferred the BP position as well and I applied for CBPO in Nov. 2007. I got my VBT coming up.

1) Any help for VBT would be great.
        2) vsgonzo, they are pulling my stuff from BP too..how long did it take you to do everything after VBT?

Comment

well I did my VBT on apr 1st and got the results in the mail apr 16.

So it took them 15 days to get me my response to the VBT and this morning got the my EOD on Cass to show.
          have you decided which acronym you want to work for?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmeriKranian View Post
            In the requirements of the CBP opening at GL-5 you need experience "of which at least one year must have been comparable in level of difficulty and responsibility to grade GL-4 in the federal service"

Could anybody clarify what sort of responsibility or jobs that are associated with the GL-4 level?

I've got 3 years of full time college under my belt and 2 months of Auxillery policing but work full time as a janitor and am trying to see if I can still qualify and start a decent career.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
            Generally speaking to qualify for GS-5 requires you to breath in-breath out-repeat. If you fail that test then you can not qualify for GS-5. As far as what experience CBP considers for GS-5 read the job announcement. I believe they post it as any job with increasing responsibility will get you qualified. Seriously, it is not very difficult to qualify for GS-5. You can qualify for GS-7 based solely on you academic achievement.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Hey all,
              Still waiting to hear from by background investigator. Its been in the security office for about 2.5 months...... Other than that I'm done.

Comment

I think I want to stick with CBPO because I have chances to stay in houston. If they call me and won't give me houston area. I'm going to take border patrol.

I say that because I really want to do border patrol but don't want to leave my house and my life here in houston. If I can't stay here in Houston I might as well go to the border because I have family down there and I know I'll enjoy the job (I was a Grunt in the Marines ).

so Yeah I guess I'm waiting for the call now.
                I was in the scheduling on CASS 2/28/08 and received an offer from CBP on April 1 08. you should hear something within a month.

Comment

I took my written test for BP OCT/07 and CBP NOV/07

I got the BP job back in march but deffered it till I graduate in august
                  Today I just saw I went EOD for CBP.

CBP process went fast because it pulled my drug test, physical, BI, Forms all from my BP app.
                  So BP will wait until you graduate for your EOD? I'm in a similar situation with CBP. I'm referred to scheduling, but won't graduate until August. So if they offer me a position prior to graduation, will they allow me to finish school, and EOD thereafter?

thanks.

Comment

• Ok so I met with My BI in Feb. Then by mid Feb. my Cass changed to BI in security Office. other then that every thing is done....so my question is: its been 2 months in security office, what exactly does that mean and how much longer on avarage should it take.

Comment

• Got my results!

Well, I just got my results!
                      I got a 95, which is much better than what I thought I was going to get. Now I have to sit back and wait and hopefully I will get a NOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingcol View Post
                        Hey all,
                        Still waiting to hear from by background investigator. Its been in the security office for about 2.5 months...... Other than that I'm done.
                        your geo. pref. is WA state right?
                        CBPO
                        Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                        Quals-completed 6/08
                        BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
                        Start-10/14/08
                        FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• waiting for video results and everything else to clear.... anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for them to post results on CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                            waiting for video results and everything else to clear.... anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for them to post results on CASS?
                            Three weeks for my VBT results to show up in CASS
                            Last edited by Tarheel1; 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                            Quals-completed 6/08
                            BI-completed 8/08

The Call-9/29/08
                            Start-10/14/08
                            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

depends because border patrol needs the man power and cbp not really.
                              Gonzo, CBP is so shorthanded they don't know what to do... and summer is almost here.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I got my vbt done med and fitness done and just took my drug test today that should be done easy.all this within 3 weeks. Just gotta wait for quals and BI to clear how long will that take

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7865 users online. 414 members and 7451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X