Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Well,
    I'm up for my 3rd Fitness and a Medical refresh!... If they can schedule me sometime next week, since I leave for BCT on the 28th!...
    Either way, they asked me to fax my orders so that I don't lose my offer and get DQ'd for not taking the test now. If I can't take it next week, then it'll be sometime in late December or January...
    Gotta love this waiting game... 3rd Time!!!... That's how long I've been in this process.
    man i feel for you brother.. i hope you hear something by 2010..

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
      Beecy, I would check on the sit-up and push-up minimums. I was told by the tester that I had to at least complete 20 push-ups and 25 sit-ups. Being female, the 20 male push-ups were the hardest for me thats why I remembered it so well. Maybe it had to do with the point schedule like you were saying, because doing the minimum requirement on each excercise will not get you to 80 points. She also told me that I was the only female thus far to pass the test because of minimum 20 pushups, which I was surprised. I think the reason why I said 11 minimum on the side step is because of my points. My tester let me know how many points I needed to accomplish a pass which was nice. I'm sure if you ask your tester, they will let you know what you need. She did also let me know that a bunch of guys failed because instead of doing the minimum requirement on each excercise for a pass, they wanted to try and beat the last guy who took the test in points and tired out. See, the step test is seperate from the 80 point minimum, and like the tester told me, you don't get anything extra for getting over the 80 point minimum. All you get is a Pass grade. The step is the last test and these guys were exhausting themselves before they took it. By the time they got to the step test, they couldnt keep up. I'm all about working hard and giving 110%, but word of advice, it's a pass/fail test and nothing else to prove. I made sure I did my best on every excercise but also planned it out so I wouldn't over do it to finish out my step. Results were, I passed!! I wish you the best of luck with it. It really isnt that bad!! Just nerve racking!!
      I was merely giving you the information that is on the documents. At the time I received the docs I actually spoke with the medical unit of THC and they confirmed what was sent. Maybe your tester was just doing a little pre-math for you. Regardless, I certainly won't be "exhausting myself" because I honestly can't do as many sit-ups and push-ups as some of these guys/girls on here. Thankfully, I can do enough on each test to score roughly a 100. I realize the step test is separate. I actually enjoy doing the step test. When I test myself, I normally do all 4 tests at once with only 3 minutes in between each test and finish it off with the step test while counting out to myself....1234....1234. Thankfully there is no one in the gym when I am doing that..... This time will be a bit harder than the first time but it should be fine. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• so, i was already pulled from tsu because they are scheduling my fitness test re-do. now i got a medical self-certification in the mail that i have to fax in. Has anyone else received this? does this mean i wont have to go through another full medical exam?

Comment

• Can anyone explain to me how the paygrade advances after the acedemy? I've read different things. I understand that you can get hired on as a GS-5 or a GS-7. I think I qualify for a GS-7. After the academy is completed, do you move up in steps or a whole paygrade? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dspcop View Post
            Can anyone explain to me how the paygrade advances after the acedemy? I've read different things. I understand that you can get hired on as a GS-5 or a GS-7. I think I qualify for a GS-7. After the academy is completed, do you move up in steps or a whole paygrade? Thanks.
            Well, first off, please search this thread before asking stuff like this, it's been answered within the last couple of weeks.

You go up 1 pay grade (ie 5-7-9-11) every year on your anniversary date until you reach 11. Being at the academy means nothing for pay grades.

You don't start step increases until you reach the 1st year after you get 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
              Merlin why would they have another announcement if they have'nt even given any TOS from the last announcement in April?
              Sorry about the late response...but I'm on TDY so my access to a public computer has been limited lately.

First, do you know for a fact that they haven't issued TO's off the last announcement in April?

...because I don't.

Offhand, I can think of a couple of reasons why they might open a new announcement even assuming you're right and they haven't given any TO's from the last announcement .

One...a new announcement means more "better qualified" applicants. A new announcement means a greater number of people testing out at 110...100...90's and so on. That means, in some peoples' mind, a better applicant pool.

Two(and 2.5), don't expect much of what the government does to make much sense or to work out to your advantage. It usually doesn't and it usually won't.

Often, with the "G" the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. Heck, much of the time, the left index finger has little idea of what the left pinky is doing...and even when they do know...they as likely as not to just not care.

True story...port 'fghjdk' has a GSA owned building. CBP is no longer using it. Funds(10's of thousands of dollars) are appropiated to replace the windows, roof and just generally renovate the building. Three months later, a different crew being paid under a different contract comes in and tears down the building. I mean...they drop it, haul the scrap away, fill in the hole with dirt and plant grass on the spot. Gone.

Think about it, person "A" wants his paycheck. Person "B" wants his. They're both going to do things to assure that their money comes in...even if it ultimately makes a bigger mess. Especially around this time of year...when offices have money to burn that needs to be spent before 10/01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                Does anyone know anything about recruiting for CBP Special Response Teams (not BORTAC)? It's something I am interested in doing and I know little about the selection process or organization. Does geographic location have an SRT?

Any info would be much appreciated.
                Just adding that SRT teams are not always built on a port level...some are built from within field offices.

Possibly, you could be on your OFO/SRT and be the only SRT guy in your port.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                  Well, first off, please search this thread before asking stuff like this, it's been answered within the last couple of weeks.

You go up 1 pay grade (ie 5-7-9-11) every year on your anniversary date until you reach 11. Being at the academy means nothing for pay grades.

You don't start step increases until you reach the 1st year after you get 11.
                  gotcha thanks

Comment

• Pay

Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                    Do CBPO's recieve double pay for over time? I was looking at a pay chart and it looked like over time is only time and a half.
                    Double time over 8, 4-12 shift extra 15% on top of your salary, Midnight - 8AM 20% on top of your salary and Sunday pay is 50%.

Comment

• Pay

Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                      Do CBPO's recieve double pay for over time? I was looking at a pay chart and it looked like over time is only time and a half.
                      Double time over 8, 4-12 shift extra 15% on top of your salary, Midnight - 8AM 20% on top of your salary and Sunday pay is 50%.

Comment

• So are the majority of folks getting called to re-do their fitness test because its just expired or for the fact the fitness standards have changed?
                        TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by TX54 View Post
                          So are the majority of folks getting called to re-do their fitness test because its just expired or for the fact the fitness standards have changed?
                          You only gotta do the new fit test is because yours is or will soon be expired.

Comment

• and finish it off with the step test while counting out to myself....1234....1234. Thankfully there is no one in the gym when I am doing that..... This time will be a bit harder than the first time but it should be fine. Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness you live so far away cause I would have a blast watching that!! Your a very lucky man!! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by tx409 View Post
                              TXCBP. The original day was 03/08.
                              Hello. Waiting on E. Texas too since 4/10/09 You are the 3rd person on this forum ahead of me. WELCOME
                              Geo Preference: East Texas
                              TSU: 4/10/2009

Comment

• I took the test in May 09. Received my NOR in June. My Geo Preference is west Texas. Any one receive a TO lately?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8806 users online. 421 members and 8385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X