300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I am. Has anyone heard anything on Miami Airport/Seaport?
    I like when Miami Seaport/Airport folk post... give me your TSU duration if you have one - not everyone, just miami im asking.

Day 179

I have a close friend who knows one of the head guys at the seaport, I will be following up with her this coming week to see if I can extract any information as to the situation at the port and airport.

Have faith, we are really only waiting because everyone else is. Between the airport and the seaport here, I would bet on there most likely being jobs waiting to be funded.

Some fun facts about the seaport in the most awesome city

"Currently, the Port of Miami is recognized as the "Cruise Capital of the World" and "Cargo Gateway of the Americas". It has retained its status as the number one cruise/passenger port in the world for well over two decades accommodating the largest cruise ships in the world and the operations of such major cruise lines as Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line. The Port of Miami is an important contributor to the local south Florida and state economies. Over four million cruise passengers pass through the Port, 7.4 million tons of cargo and over 1 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) (FY 2004/2005) of intermodal container traffic move through the seaport per year. This combination of cruise and cargo activities supports approximately 176,000 jobs, and has an economic impact in Miami-Dade County of over $17 billion, $14 billion of which is generated by its cargo operations."

So, if there is all that j*** goin down, you know DHS is all up in it. yeeeuh

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
      I like when Miami Seaport/Airport folk post... give me your TSU duration if you have one - not everyone, just miami im asking.

Day 179

I have a close friend who knows one of the head guys at the seaport, I will be following up with her this coming week to see if I can extract any information as to the situation at the port and airport.

Have faith, we are really only waiting because everyone else is. Between the airport and the seaport here, I would bet on there most likely being jobs waiting to be funded.

"Currently, the Port of Miami is recognized as the "Cruise Capital of the World" and "Cargo Gateway of the Americas". It has retained its status as the number one cruise/passenger port in the world for well over two decades accommodating the largest cruise ships in the world and the operations of such major cruise lines as Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line. The Port of Miami is an important contributor to the local south Florida and state economies. Over four million cruise passengers pass through the Port, 7.4 million tons of cargo and over 1 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) (FY 2004/2005) of intermodal container traffic move through the seaport per year. This combination of cruise and cargo activities supports approximately 176,000 jobs, and has an economic impact in Miami-Dade County of over $17 billion, $14 billion of which is generated by its cargo operations."

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post

Day 179

Nice to see Miami applicants. It makes me feel I am not alone.

TSU Miami Airport/Seaport 4-28-09

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          I just took the revised version of the P/T last month. They have added some new things that I thought were pretty easy. It was said before that it is a point system now. You do have to complete at least 20 pushups, 25 situps and the 5 minute step. Along with this you now have to do a side step excercise where they count each full side step (right, middle, left, middle) and time it. You will get so many points for each full one you complete but you have a min of 11 I think that is required, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then you have to lift a 50lb box as many times as you can in a certain time frame. You get points for each lift, ( squat down, lift up, turn, set on table, pick back up, turn and then place back on floor). The reason why I went in depth with the details on this one is that they really watch your form. The woman administering the test said that a guy failed the day before because he didnt squat down to pick it up, he just bent down from the hips. Just a tip to help you guys out. The step is a bit different from what I read in previous posts. There is no music. Its a mans voice repeating UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN. Very annoying after about 3min into it!! I hope this helps some of you out that are fixing to take the new version. Good Luck and feel free to ask me any questions about it.
          Just to clarify...some of the numbers you shared are a bit off compared to the forms that were sent by the hiring center regarding the new PFT.

Minimums (to at least score points) are as follows:
          Push ups: 12 (17 points)
          Sit-ups: 20 (15 points)
          8 Lift/Lower Cycles Test: 60 seconds (8 points)
          Side Step Test: 8 touches in 10 seconds (4 points)
          Step test: Full 5 minutes of stepping in cadence

As you can see...the minimums won't get you to your goal of at least 80 points total. Depending on how you do in each category...you may need a lot more than the minimums given. Thank you for clarifying about the step test. I can't wait to get this test over-with...
          Last edited by Beecy; 09-19-2009, 07:42 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Originally posted by tx409 View Post
            New to forum as far as posting but read just about everything posted. Been in EOD since 11/08. Waiting on East Texas. Took three fitness tests(two physicals). Two drug tests. Very tiresome this whole process is. But I am patient. Have to be if I want this.
            What is your original TSU date?
            TO-6/16/08
            TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Do CBPO's recieve double pay for over time? I was looking at a pay chart and it looked like over time is only time and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckb88 View Post
                Do CBPO's recieve double pay for over time? I was looking at a pay chart and it looked like over time is only time and a half.
                Double time for over 8 or over 40. Time and a half for Sunday's automatic. The charts don't represent the double time.

Comment

• I just heard that a guy working at JFK in private sector security finally recieved an EOD this past week. That is a very good sign.
                  CBPO
                  GEO - NY/JFK
                  TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                  PE Forms - Completed
                  Fitness - Completed
                  VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                  Drug Screen - Completed
                  Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                  B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                  Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                  TSU

EOD: ???
                  FLETC: ???

Comment

• Process

Even know I'm over here in the sandbox, I still would like the process to be over and me just needing to get to the states to go to the Academy..............
                    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      I just heard that a guy working at JFK in private sector security finally recieved an EOD this past week. That is a very good sign.

You don't say! I will be calling first thing monday morning to see what is going on. Did he get an EOD for JFK?

Comment

• Originally posted by when View Post
                        You don't say! I will be calling first thing monday morning to see what is going on. Did he get an EOD for JFK?
                        Supposedly.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• [QUOTE=Beecy;1985592]
                          Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post

Wow...when I was at Cobo...the room was full but not like that. Thanks to this site and this forum in general, I discovered the eyesight requirements right after I received my TO. Right away I had lasik surgery. Unfortunately, when I went to my medical exam....I only had 88 days in of my 90 days needed after surgery. So I had to go see my eye dr. and get a document signed before I was cleared. Still hoping all is well with my NOPA.
                          I think you will hear something in the next 2-4 weeks. No news is good news, at least that's what we here, think on this forum. Good luck to you with that.
                          Written Test: 3/08
                          NOR: 4/08
                          TO: 4/08
                          Medical: 4/08
                          Fitness: 6/08
                          VBT: 6/08
                          Met with investigator: 10/08
                          Received NOPA: 11/08
                          Won appeal: 3/09
                          TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                          New fitness: 7/28/09
                          Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Same TSU date as Darth 4-28-09. Miami.
                            Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                            Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• TXCBP. The original day was 03/08.
                              Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                                Just to clarify...some of the numbers you shared are a bit off compared to the forms that were sent by the hiring center regarding the new PFT.

Minimums (to at least score points) are as follows:
                                Push ups: 12 (17 points)
                                Sit-ups: 20 (15 points)
                                8 Lift/Lower Cycles Test: 60 seconds (8 points)
                                Side Step Test: 8 touches in 10 seconds (4 points)
                                Step test: Full 5 minutes of stepping in cadence

As you can see...the minimums won't get you to your goal of at least 80 points total. Depending on how you do in each category...you may need a lot more than the minimums given. Thank you for clarifying about the step test. I can't wait to get this test over-with...
                                Beecy, I would check on the sit-up and push-up minimums. I was told by the tester that I had to at least complete 20 push-ups and 25 sit-ups. Being female, the 20 male push-ups were the hardest for me thats why I remembered it so well. Maybe it had to do with the point schedule like you were saying, because doing the minimum requirement on each excercise will not get you to 80 points. She also told me that I was the only female thus far to pass the test because of minimum 20 pushups, which I was surprised. I think the reason why I said 11 minimum on the side step is because of my points. My tester let me know how many points I needed to accomplish a pass which was nice. I'm sure if you ask your tester, they will let you know what you need. She did also let me know that a bunch of guys failed because instead of doing the minimum requirement on each excercise for a pass, they wanted to try and beat the last guy who took the test in points and tired out. See, the step test is seperate from the 80 point minimum, and like the tester told me, you don't get anything extra for getting over the 80 point minimum. All you get is a Pass grade. The step is the last test and these guys were exhausting themselves before they took it. By the time they got to the step test, they couldnt keep up. I'm all about working hard and giving 110%, but word of advice, it's a pass/fail test and nothing else to prove. I made sure I did my best on every excercise but also planned it out so I wouldn't over do it to finish out my step. Results were, I passed!! I wish you the best of luck with it. It really isnt that bad!! Just nerve racking!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4446 users online. 197 members and 4249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X