300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
    Fitness re-take next Thursday! Lets do it so I can re-join all my TSU amigos!
    I got pulled from TSU for my medical and physical about a week apart. Did you get pulled for both?

Comment

• i got pulled to re-do my fitness as well.

Comment

• Lower Pay

Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        Yeah, ever since I saw the TSA Gangstaz video, I wouldn't admit it either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7AWw7t5zj0

When I took my written test in Miami for CBP there were a few guys in TSA uniforms taking it. From what I recall the TSA pay is much lower than CBP.
        You are correct my friend. The pay is lower starts out at around 29-30,000. and pay scale is SV-D/1802 they go by (bands) D-K like GS-5 up etc. Its Federal but dont like it myself, not for me. anyway been there since Oct 2006 and only up to 35,5 or so and SV-E now. as a lead which is an F Band its around 38,000 or so. and so on. Not bad if you can deal with the idiots etc.. more the people you work with like the supervisors and managers that never had any kind of real Govt'/Military in there life now they are there.........think of that...
        "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Fitness

Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
          i got pulled to re-do my fitness as well.
          I had to do my Fitness test again around March 09 right before I left to go to the Combat K-9 Tracking Course......at the time it wasnt the revised version either.

Comment

• Well,
            I'm up for my 3rd Fitness and a Medical refresh!... If they can schedule me sometime next week, since I leave for BCT on the 28th!...
            Either way, they asked me to fax my orders so that I don't lose my offer and get DQ'd for not taking the test now. If I can't take it next week, then it'll be sometime in late December or January...
            Gotta love this waiting game... 3rd Time!!!... That's how long I've been in this process.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• [QUOTE=CMUnupe;1984578]
              Originally posted by Beecy View Post

Yes I did. There wasn't an empty seat in the room. There were too many applicants present to take the test that day, so they asked people to come back the next day and let a few people who had driven as much as 5 hrs to get there take the test that day. They only had 180 test booklets and over 200 people showed up.

One of the proctors said that in all the years that he's been working, he had never seen that before.

If it wasn't for having eye surgery and getting a NOPA, I think I would've been hired by now.
              Wow...when I was at Cobo...the room was full but not like that. Thanks to this site and this forum in general, I discovered the eyesight requirements right after I received my TO. Right away I had lasik surgery. Unfortunately, when I went to my medical exam....I only had 88 days in of my 90 days needed after surgery. So I had to go see my eye dr. and get a document signed before I was cleared. Still hoping all is well with my NOPA.

Comment

• I just took the revised version of the P/T last month. They have added some new things that I thought were pretty easy. It was said before that it is a point system now. You do have to complete at least 20 pushups, 25 situps and the 5 minute step. Along with this you now have to do a side step excercise where they count each full side step (right, middle, left, middle) and time it. You will get so many points for each full one you complete but you have a min of 11 I think that is required, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then you have to lift a 50lb box as many times as you can in a certain time frame. You get points for each lift, ( squat down, lift up, turn, set on table, pick back up, turn and then place back on floor). The reason why I went in depth with the details on this one is that they really watch your form. The woman administering the test said that a guy failed the day before because he didnt squat down to pick it up, he just bent down from the hips. Just a tip to help you guys out. The step is a bit different from what I read in previous posts. There is no music. Its a mans voice repeating UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN. Very annoying after about 3min into it!! I hope this helps some of you out that are fixing to take the new version. Good Luck and feel free to ask me any questions about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                  Its a mans voice repeating UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN. Very annoying after about 3min into it!!
                  Weird...I didn't get a man's voice, I got a clicking sound. It was confusing to stay in step because of the clicking. I would rather hear a voice.
                  TO: 4/09/09
                  Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                  TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I guess either one would be annoying. I thought my test would be the clicking that everyone else talked about. The woman said they had just received the tape they used on me. I guess it would be easier for them to catch a mistake if the tape is telling them what position we should be in at that point. The lady watched by feet like a hawk, though. BTW, congrats on the baby!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                      I guess either one would be annoying. I thought my test would be the clicking that everyone else talked about. The woman said they had just received the tape they used on me. I guess it would be easier for them to catch a mistake if the tape is telling them what position we should be in at that point. The lady watched by feet like a hawk, though. BTW, congrats on the baby!!
                      Thanks a lot! One less stress for me to worry about if I get the call. Though the next step is missing my son for 4.5 months. But first thing first I need to pass my polygraph before I can worry about the next step in this long process... Good luck to you!
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Well,
                        I'm up for my 3rd Fitness and a Medical refresh!... If they can schedule me sometime next week, since I leave for BCT on the 28th!...
                        Either way, they asked me to fax my orders so that I don't lose my offer and get DQ'd for not taking the test now. If I can't take it next week, then it'll be sometime in late December or January...
                        Gotta love this waiting game... 3rd Time!!!... That's how long I've been in this process.
                        Ahaha, poor Yoda! I'll be on my 3rd early nest year also if they dont hurry up with this. Worse yet, my 3 yrs is up on my VBT in January, i wonder if they will make me redo that or if im good cuz i have a pending t.o.? Hey at least you know you havent been dropped yet.

Comment

• new to the forum
                          tsu 7-28-2009
                          michigan

Comment

• Khue, I have 2 children myself. It will be hard to leave them but very worth it!! I am waiting on my background to clear. Hopefully wont get called to do a poly to hold it up. I have no skeleton's and I was born here so hopefully that wont come into play. Thats the last thing to clear,though!!
                            Yoda, sorry!! I always wondered why you picked a picture of Yoda looking so ticked off!! Now I know!! You will do great.

Comment

• Miami

Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
                              I am. Has anyone heard anything on Miami Airport/Seaport?
                              When did you apply etc..?

I am currently in Iraq Military Police/K-9 and at Ft.lauderdale TSA, waiting still for other places in FL, changed from MIA hoping to get Ft.laud, or WPB.

Comment

• New to forum as far as posting but read just about everything posted. Been in EOD since 11/08. Waiting on East Texas. Took three fitness tests(two physicals). Two drug tests. Very tiresome this whole process is. But I am patient. Have to be if I want this.
                                Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8243 users online. 414 members and 7829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X