300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
    Anyone have any ideas on what this means?........

I took my second drug screening in nine months last week, I've been in TSU since 12/15/08. I called the hotline i have checked the website and they never pulled me out of TSU. i spoke to a women at TSU and she just gave me my TSU date., but wouldn't they pull me out until my Drug Screening came back negative??
    Look at it this way:
    If you were already an officer or in the military, etc., you are subject to random drug tests at any time. They don't fire you the day your test is initiated and say "you can have your job back if/when you pass the drug test". As far as it relates to TSU, an intitial drug screening is required to get you in, but after that they arent going to pull you out unless you fail it. Make sense?

Comment

• I recently emailed DHS about the rest of the process, and the response was along the lines of:

"The BI may take anywhere from 4-7 months to complete.. due to privacy concerns, we do have access to any aspects of it. We cannot tell you how far along the BI is, nor who the investigator is, nor their name/ph number.. The BI is very thorough and how soon the investigation completes depends on them being able to verify and contact people listed in the questionaire [eQip].. If they need additional info, they'll contact you directly.. please continue to be patient"

The above all makes sense, The Man is just making sure Al Capone or worse doesn't end up on the CBP payroll. How nice it would be to have an uncle who's a Senator.. I'd be in by now.

On a slightly different note, I went to the West Palm Beach (Florida) gun show last weekend, and ATF was there. For all you waiting and waiting, the ATF is going to be posting vacancies in the next few weeks and to check usajobs.gov for the postings. I told them my story and they said it takes a while to get into Federal jobs as we've all noticed.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Well I fihgured I would stop by and say hello to everyone. I haven't posted in at least three months or so as I've tried not to think about the process. Getting on here all the time made the time crawl along so I stopped for a long period. I still haven't heard anything since my BI went to the security office....Has anyone been getting calls lately? Or is everything being held up unitil October? Hope all is well
        Test Date: 12/8/08
        NOR Date: 12/11/08 (92)
        TO: 1/30/09-Received
        Forms: 2/28/09-Completed
        VBT: 2/23/09-Completed
        Medical: 3/18/09-Completed
        Physical: 3/10/09-Completed
        Drug Test: 3/13/09-Completed
        Qualifications:-3/19/09-Completed
        BI:-Pending "In the security office"

Comment

• hey guys:

I spoke with a co-worker today who told me that they called him this morning to retake his fitness test. He told her that his fitness does not expire till the end of next month. The lady told him that they just want the people to retake the fitness as soon as possible because " they are going to start calling people for EOD in October".

Just wanted to share that. I guess if is true what the lady said maybe we can start getting those calls soon. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            hey guys:

I spoke with a co-worker today who told me that they called him this morning to retake his fitness test. He told her that his fitness does not expire till the end of next month. The lady told him that they just want the people to retake the fitness as soon as possible because " they are going to start calling people for EOD in October".

Just wanted to share that. I guess if is true what the lady said maybe we can start getting those calls soon. Good luck to everyone.
            I hate/love you for this.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
              I hate/love you for this.
              lol... it gave me a little bit of hope

Comment

• [QUOTE=sandwichman;1982413]I recently emailed DHS about the rest of the process, and the response was along the lines of:

"The BI may take anywhere from 4-7 months to complete.. due to privacy concerns, we do have access to any aspects of it. We cannot tell you how far along the BI is, nor who the investigator is, nor their name/ph number.. The BI is very thorough and how soon the investigation completes depends on them being able to verify and contact people listed in the questionaire [eQip].. If they need additional info, they'll contact you directly.. please continue to be patient" [QUOTE]

Thats their standard cookie cutter response to any inquiry regarding an unfinished BI. Dont bother with MHC in regards to BI status. They will only tell you what CASS says. If you're not speaking directly to IA, you're not going to get anywhere.

Comment

• Well thanks to all of you step test people, I have now incorporated it in to my workout. I finish every workout doing the step test two inches higher than required and for 10 minutes. Mine should not expire for another 7 months and hopefully I will not see it, but if I do I will be ready.
                  CBPO East Texas
                  TO: 3/3/09
                  Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
                  Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
                  VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
                  Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
                  Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
                  BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
                  TSU: 8/27/09
                  FCRA: 05/19/10
                  BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                    hey guys:

Wow that looks good reading it or hearing it I guess, I'm just ready for Oct 1st to see what is REALLY going to happen!!!
                    TO-6/16/08
                    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                      Wow that looks good reading it or hearing it I guess, I'm just ready for Oct 1st to see what is REALLY going to happen!!!
                      My birthday is in October, what a lovely gift it would be to called for my EOD...I'm praying but not holding my breath...

TSU since 11/14/2008

Anyone else waiting on a position in Massachusetts?

Comment

• What kind of insurance covers officers for personal injury liability; ie, false arrest, slander, assault, libel, etc?

Are we covered by the State, or do we need an umbrella over our existy personal liability policies (home/renters)?
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                          Well thanks to all of you step test people, I have now incorporated it in to my workout. I finish every workout doing the step test two inches higher than required and for 10 minutes. Mine should not expire for another 7 months and hopefully I will not see it, but if I do I will be ready.
                          Unless you can't see your sons and daughters/you can't raise your knee to your chest or have really bad coordination, there's really no reason to sweat the step test. The entire old physical test wasn't really anything to worry about. The main thing is to not put your hand on either knee as you're stepping or you failed that part.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                            What kind of insurance covers officers for personal injury liability; ie, false arrest, slander, assault, libel, etc?

Are we covered by the State, or do we need an umbrella over our existy personal liability policies (home/renters)?
                            As far as I know, if our actions are deemed to be within the scope of our duties (basically meaning we are following policy)the agency has our back. If you are not following policy it's all on you. Personally I think an umbrella policy is a good idea for anybody in LE, just in case. Policies can change and in the heat of the moment you go back to doing things the old way, which is now not supported, etc, etc. I've gone through three police academies. In the heat of the moment I still go back to the way I was originally taught. I also have a few bad habits from being on the street so long, that I've been known to go back to (once during an evaluation at FLETC).
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
                              I wish they would call to reschedule my fitness. It expired last Friday.....I want to get back in to TSU soon.
                              Geo Area: SFO/OAK
                              Written: 08/23/08- 92 (87+5)
                              NOR: 09/2008
                              TO: 09/25/08
                              Medical/Physical:10/08,09/09,10/09
                              Drug Test: 11/2008
                              Oral Board: 12/03/08
                              BI: 03/12/2009 (Initiated 10/2008)
                              Qualifications: 03/17/09
                              Referred to TSU:03/19/09

IEA Agent
                              Geo Area: San Francisco County
                              Written:05/26/09
                              T.O.:08/28/09
                              Pre-Employment Forms Sent To DSC: 09/11/09
                              Medical/Fitness:11/02/09
                              Interview:PASSED on 11/16/09

Comment

• long time no post.. i really wish they start calling.. well.. i was searching.. few days ago.. and just want to share with you guys. if you want to search it yourself, search on google "CBP 2010 hiring" then you can find the doc. file name is "2009_07_09_FY_2010_Homeland_Security_Appropriatio ns_Bill_Passes_Senate.pdf" it is a press release.. regarding 2010 budget on home land security. here is the brief summary.

fund @ 10.1 billion, 120.6 billion ABOVE president request, and 346 million more than last year. they are include.

800 million at security fencing and other technology @ southwest border. (HELLO San Diego and Texas!!!!)
                                3.5 billion CBP agent - 17,000 base on south west border (HELLO San Diego and Texas!!)
                                80 million on counter drug initiative at SW border
                                • $145 million for CBP’s Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, as requested, to continue deploying
                                technology and infrastructure at the 46 busiest border ports of entry and facilitate travel and security
                                for all travelers.

so I believe next year will still be hiring in a decent rate. Just be patient!!!

Correct me if i am wrong guys!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8659 users online. 427 members and 8232 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X