300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
    Sorry to say that there hasn't been much luck from the Michigan applicants here. I'm not in TSU yet. Girly was in TSU but she failed her step test so now she's out. I honestly can't think of any MI apps in TSU right now.
    I am in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by NJNJ View Post
      Merlin why would they have another announcement if they have'nt even given any TOS from the last announcement in April?
      I'd bet that they skip a year or so of announcements. They have enough people in TSU and waiting for a TO to cover themselves for quite a while. Air travel has contracted, particularly long haul, international travel - so airports are actually downsizing by not replacing retiring officers and not hiring for new positions. The Glut in TSU should satisfy their short term needs if travel picks up and the TO's/awaiting TO's should take care of the forseable future.

If the recent projection of a worse than predicted 2 years for the global airline industry is to be believed, the current TSU pool will be lucky if it is emptied over the next 2 years. Sound crazy? So does no hiring in NYC JFK since march.

There are 2000 people in TSU alone (i think). How many did CBP hire last year? 1500? They will almost certainly hire less, that means that at the very least 500 of us will either never see the job or not be hired until a year from now. Unless you are on the US southwest border you can expect to wait an absurd amount of time. Bummer
      Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
        Quick question here. I had a nopa and was given the chance to withdraw or proceed. I chose to proceed. It is taking an extremely long time. I am thinking of relocating to another state. Can I still call and withdraw or do I have to wait to see the outcome now? There is a chance I may be found unsuitable so if I relocate and do not take this job either way I'd hope to be able to sever all ties cleanly. Any insight? thanks.
        You can withdraw at any time you want from the process. That being said, if you withdraw before they find you unsuitable, your investigation is halted immediately and your file destroyed... Giving you a chance at applying later on when those circumstances are no longer valid for an unsuitable finding.
        Good Luck!
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• question

Hey,

I was just wondering, when we're finally called out of TSU to go to our EOD, are we compensated for travel or do we pay out of pocket for the flight? Also, after leaving our EOD to go to FLETC, are we compensated for that travel as well? I only ask because I live in NY and my post is St. Thomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
            Hey,

I was just wondering, when we're finally called out of TSU to go to our EOD, are we compensated for travel or do we pay out of pocket for the flight? Also, after leaving our EOD to go to FLETC, are we compensated for that travel as well? I only ask because I live in NY and my post is St. Thomas.
            CBP will pay to and from FLETC. They will not pay for your flight to ST. Thomas or your housing for Pre Academy.
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              your investigation is halted immediately and your file destroyed...
              Good Luck!
              Yoda, you should know by now that the G keeps everything.

Comment

• [QUOTE=tigersin2009;1981145]TO MY MICHIGAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN TSU:

How long have you been waiting?[/QUOTE

About 145 days or so. I don't count anymore.
                Written Test: 3/08
                NOR: 4/08
                TO: 4/08
                Medical: 4/08
                Fitness: 6/08
                VBT: 6/08
                Met with investigator: 10/08
                Received NOPA: 11/08
                Won appeal: 3/09
                TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                New fitness: 7/28/09
                Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

Sorry to say that there hasn't been much luck from the Michigan applicants here. I'm not in TSU yet. Girly was in TSU but she failed her step test so now she's out. I honestly can't think of any MI apps in TSU right now.
                  I think I'm the only one, that has posted with any regularity since this spring.
                  Last edited by CMUnupe; 09-15-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    Yoda, you should know by now that the G keeps everything.
                    That is very interesting!...
                    I was told by the Supervising Adjudicator on my case that, if someone drops at any point of the process, their investigation was immediately halted and their files destroyed (because of the sensitive nature of the information contained in it).

I find it very interesting that they "do" keep the information or "partial findings" for future reference, if that were to be the case...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• They may stop working on the file, but I doubt any of it is destroyed. At least until it is scheduled for destruction a few decades later or uploaded...

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                        I think I'm the only one, that has posted with any regularity since this spring.
                        You're right CMU. Funny how quickly us Spartans can forget about you Chippewas . Sorry. Question about your favorable NOPA outcome...
                        Did the magical green checkmark just appear in CASS one day or did you receive some sort of communication from IA?

Comment

You're right CMU. Funny how quickly us Spartans can forget about you Chippewas
                          After that beating they gave you last weekend, you should remember them for a long time.
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Anyone have any ideas on what this means?........

I took my second drug screening in nine months last week, I've been in TSU since 12/15/08. I called the hotline i have checked the website and they never pulled me out of TSU. i spoke to a women at TSU and she just gave me my TSU date., but wouldn't they pull me out until my Drug Screening came back negative??

Comment

You're right CMU. Funny how quickly us Spartans can forget about you Chippewas . Sorry. Question about your favorable NOPA outcome...
                              Did the magical green checkmark just appear in CASS one day or did you receive some sort of communication from IA?
                              It just magically appeared, just as you asked. No letter, email, phone call, nothing.

Go Chips, Sparty will be just fine.
                              Last edited by CMUnupe; 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                                After that beating they gave you last weekend, you should remember them for a long time.
                                Ouch!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9885 users online. 479 members and 9406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X