300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
    I had a dream the other night I was at FLETC. I'm at something like 4 months+ in TSU for LAX/LB
    Keep Dreaming...

Comment

• Anybody taken the CBP polygraph test before? What is it like? I never have taken any polygraph so I don't know what to expect.
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        So, the other day I ran a mile in 9 minutes on the treadmill at the gym and ended up doing 1.6 miles in under 15 minutes. I know its still horrible, but I'm getting better at my time.

I know a bunch of you said that the best place to run is outside, to get used to the Georgia heat. I've been alternating between running on the treadmill and running in the nice and muggy Florida heat at various times during the day to get used to both.

I'm curious to see whether or not I'll be able to get to a 6-7 minute mile before I get into FLETC.
        I don't see why you couldn't, just keep working on it. With the way hiring is going, you have time. Speaking of hiring, how long has it been since the hiring was steady? 6-7 months? maybe longer?
        I guess I would have to go back and check the thread to find out, but I know it's been since around last March.
        Last edited by ifoCBP; 09-15-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
          Anybody taken the CBP polygraph test before? What is it like? I never have taken any polygraph so I don't know what to expect.
          Expect the polygraph examiner to ask you some, if not all, of the same type of questions that were already asked of you in the SF-86. Expect the examiner to go over these questions from your SF-86 prior to initiating the test. Relax, answer truthfully and the examination will be over before you know it. The examiner may go over their findings upon concluding the test.
          sigpicTwo is one,
          one is none.

Comment

• TO MY MICHIGAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN TSU:

How long have you been waiting?

Comment

• Another New Guy

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks while waiting to receive the blessing to post, so I've been following along. I have been in TSU for California - SW Border locations since July 31, 2009. Based on the wait times of other posters, I have a long wait ahead of me. For those interested, here are the highlights of my process:

Late Feb. 09 - Written - San Diego, CA
              April 09 - T.O. - CA - Southwest Border Locations
              June 09 - Met with BI
              July 31, 09 - TSU

It took about seven months from online application to TSU. I am also in TSU for the Border Patrol with a geographic preference of California, although the Patrol will make an offer to you anywhere on the U.S.-Mexico Border based on the needs of the Patrol.

Good luck to the other applicants, and much apprecitation to the CBPO's and others in-the-know that post here while off-duty. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifoCBP View Post
                I don't see why you couldn't, just keep working on it. With the way hiring is going, you have time. Speaking of hiring, how long has it been since the hiring was steady? 6-7 months? maybe longer?
                I guess I would have to go back and check the thread to find out, but I know it's been since around last March.
                Prior to March this board was good for 1-3 "I got the call" posts a week.
                Since March pretty much nuthin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  No. Nobody knows.

If I had to guess I'd guess that a new announcement will open this fall/early winter. That's only a guess...based on what's usual over the last 5 years or so.

With the economy, the new administration, our new retirement, et cetera happening in the last year or so, I'm not so sure that past events are necessarily all that useful anymore for predicting what the future holds. The best answer may well be "it'll happen when it happens".
                  Merlin why would they have another announcement if they have'nt even given any TOS from the last announcement in April?

Comment

• I applied in March of 2008 and was cleared in March of 2009. Since then I've been waiting for an EOD from the STU. Any ideas why this has taken so long? Test scores were high and I received an education based G-7. I recently updated my medical and fitness with the new standards applied.

Comment

• TSU since 2/19/2009 Miami, FL
                      Miami by way of Chicago
                      Test 8/4/08
                      TO 11/13/08
                      Drug Test 11/13/08
                      VBT 12/11/08
                      Physical 12/16/08
                      Qual 1/10/09
                      Met BI 1/5/09
                      BI cleared 2/19/09
                      TSU 2/20/09

Comment

• Originally posted by tigersin2009 View Post
                        TO MY MICHIGAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN TSU:

How long have you been waiting?
                        Sorry to say that there hasn't been much luck from the Michigan applicants here. I'm not in TSU yet. Girly was in TSU but she failed her step test so now she's out. I honestly can't think of any MI apps in TSU right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
                          Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks while waiting to receive the blessing to post, so I've been following along. I have been in TSU for California - SW Border locations since July 31, 2009. Based on the wait times of other posters, I have a long wait ahead of me. For those interested, here are the highlights of my process:

Late Feb. 09 - Written - San Diego, CA
                          April 09 - T.O. - CA - Southwest Border Locations
                          June 09 - Met with BI
                          July 31, 09 - TSU

It took about seven months from online application to TSU. I am also in TSU for the Border Patrol with a geographic preference of California, although the Patrol will make an offer to you anywhere on the U.S.-Mexico Border based on the needs of the Patrol.

Good luck to the other applicants, and much apprecitation to the CBPO's and others in-the-know that post here while off-duty. Take care.

Wow its crazy to me how fast it took for you to get into TSU. It took me about a year since I stated the whole process.Then they pulled me out to retest for fitness and waiting to get put back in TSU.

Im also waiting for San Diego Area. Hopefully we'll get a call soon but the things sound in here who knows.

Anyhow Welcome!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ValD View Post
                            Wow its crazy to me how fast it took for you to get into TSU. It took me about a year since I stated the whole process.Then they pulled me out to retest for fitness and waiting to get put back in TSU.

Im also waiting for San Diego Area. Hopefully we'll get a call soon but the things sound in here who knows.

Anyhow Welcome!!!!
                            Thank you!

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I realize that I went through the process very quickly. I was also processing for the Border Patrol, so perhaps that somehow sped up the process. As you stated, hopefully we will get the call soon. I imagine that there are a few vacancies in our geographic preference, although in this economy maybe people aren't transferring, resigning or retiring. How long have you been in TSU? As I understand it you will maintain your orignal TSU date once you successfully complete your fitness test, so that is good.

Any other folks waiting for San Diego/CA-SW Border?

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Like Bolts I've been keeping up with you guys for a few months now and was just allowed to post. I'm cleared on everything except the BI, then by the looks of it more waiting!! Thank you to everyone for all of the information esp the recent ones about the BI. It makes this process much easier.
                              Anyway....Just wanted to say "Hello" and introduce myself!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post

Any other folks waiting for San Diego/CA-SW Border?

yeppers!

CBPO San Diego/CA- SW Border

Online App: Feb 2009
                                Written: March 2009
                                NOR: 81 (no vet pref) May 2009
                                TO: never rec'd one prior to turning 37y/o this month, but relying on sources that said as long as I started process beforehand, my status may still be active..?

Also processing as IEA for San Diego, CA area
                                Timelines:

CBPO
                                App: 2/12/09
                                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                                Written: 2/20/09
                                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                                App: 5/5/09
                                Geo: San Diego
                                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                                NOR: 7/20/09
                                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                                TO: 10/6/09
                                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                                App: 8/17/10
                                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7100 users online. 380 members and 6720 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X