Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when they will be recruiting again?

Comment

• Originally posted by conzept View Post
      Anyone know when they will be recruiting again?

No. Nobody knows.

If I had to guess I'd guess that a new announcement will open this fall/early winter. That's only a guess...based on what's usual over the last 5 years or so.

With the economy, the new administration, our new retirement, et cetera happening in the last year or so, I'm not so sure that past events are necessarily all that useful anymore for predicting what the future holds. The best answer may well be "it'll happen when it happens".

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
        I wasn't dissing the job or the work. Im simply saying if you're gonna send people to a training center like FLETC, they should enforce some sort of grooming standards. We used to say "are those the guards or the actual prisoners?" Yes, it was that bad.
        Not all agencies are clean cut and clean shaven. Not to mention... why should all occupations within the correctional world have grooming standards? Do most civilian personnel within L.E. agencies have grooming standards? Again, you're judging too much on what you see. Enough of BoP. This is a CBPO forum.

Comment

• So, the other day I ran a mile in 9 minutes on the treadmill at the gym and ended up doing 1.6 miles in under 15 minutes. I know its still horrible, but I'm getting better at my time.

I know a bunch of you said that the best place to run is outside, to get used to the Georgia heat. I've been alternating between running on the treadmill and running in the nice and muggy Florida heat at various times during the day to get used to both.

I'm curious to see whether or not I'll be able to get to a 6-7 minute mile before I get into FLETC.
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            With the economy, the new administration, our new retirement, et cetera happening in the last year or so, I'm not so sure that past events are necessarily all that useful anymore for predicting what the future holds. The best answer may well be "it'll happen when it happens".
            What a massive, unending bummer.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• They'll post another announcement when applicants start running out. Don't expect too much until we start seeing a lot people post that they got the call.
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                So, the other day I ran a mile in 9 minutes on the treadmill at the gym and ended up doing 1.6 miles in under 15 minutes. I know its still horrible, but I'm getting better at my time.

I know a bunch of you said that the best place to run is outside, to get used to the Georgia heat. I've been alternating between running on the treadmill and running in the nice and muggy Florida heat at various times during the day to get used to both.

I'm curious to see whether or not I'll be able to get to a 6-7 minute mile before I get into FLETC.
                Sandwichman, word of advice and my own personal experience is to not run on a treadmill stick to outside and maybe trails with hills that's what I have been doing and when its really bad weather out I have hit up the treadmill and it was nothing compared to outside I also started out with the treadmill and then went to run with a friend before and ran after running on a treadmill and it was a killer all the time I was thinking I was running a good time and I was like 3 or 4 min off my outdoor time! Point being don't gage your times strictly on treadmill times. Afterall you will be better off knowing what it's like outside. Goodluck!
                TSU since 07/10/2009

Comment

• Waiting.............................

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                    What a massive, unending bummer.
                    For you guys(especially those awaiting a TO from a previous test), not having a new announcement is a good thing.

A new announcement brings in a bunch of high scoring, well qualified applicants who may well leap to the front of the applicant pack. As it currently is,there are likely no new TO's being drawn by people scoring 90-110 on the test. The current TO pool is probably closer to the low 80's. If you're sitting on a chance to have a 70's test score TO drawn, about the only way that's going to happen is to run the applicant pool dry. Those guys want no new announcements until 2013.

Comment

• Meh, another Monday of no calls. Hope October opens the flood gates.
                      Geo: Illinois
                      Test Score: 94
                      Quals: GS-7
                      T.O.: 8/7/2007
                      Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        For you guys(especially those awaiting a TO from a previous test), not having a new announcement is a good thing.

A new announcement brings in a bunch of high scoring, well qualified applicants who may well leap to the front of the applicant pack. As it currently is,there are likely no new TO's being drawn by people scoring 90-110 on the test. The current TO pool is probably closer to the low 80's. If you're sitting on a chance to have a 70's test score TO drawn, about the only way that's going to happen is to run the applicant pool dry. Those guys want no new announcements until 2013.
                        I'm TSU already!
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                          I'm TSU already!
                          True. Still, having no new announcement means that the folks at MHC have that much less to do. That might mean more people are freed up to do what is out there is to do...like clearing people from TSU...whenever the floodgates open for that.

Comment

• I had a dream the other night I was at FLETC. I'm at something like 4 months+ in TSU for LAX/LB

Comment

• I got two voice messages while I was at work. I only ever get 1 in a 4-8 hour period, so i got excited. It was my mom and my stupid doctor. Gah.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK

TO - 01/09
                              PE Forms - Completed
                              Fitness - Completed
                              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                              Drug Screen - Completed
                              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                              TSU

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                                Meh, another Monday of no calls. Hope October opens the flood gates.

Look thats me wayyy in the back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9817 users online. 455 members and 9362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X