300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
    Since the topic of BI's was brought up the way they are done is as follows. I am giving general policy so I don't give away anything that CBP might want to keep quite.

snip snip

This next part is conjecture. The adjudicator writes justification for their decision and forwards it the file to their supervisor who takes the final decision.
    Holy crap Batman!

Geez. Wow, Barnaj's and the above post are some of the most eye opening ones I've read on here. Thanks guys. The above sure as hell doesn't instill a lot of confidence in the speed of the process and I guess its more of the now familiar, "hurry up and wait" to get my BI done. Granted, I have a few more years before being up a stinky creek without a paddle for the job, but I just wish things we could be given some sort of official timeline to expect for the every stage of this.

I have a cool cat and dog I don't want to get rid of. If I get into FLETC, my parents would watch my cat and my ex missus would watch my energetic pit. The only bad part about this arrangement is that my mom has an 84 year old brother in Europe whom she'd like to see again this year but won't be able to if she's preoccupied cat-sitting.

If DHS is reading this forum, a possible suggestion to make the application process more user friendly would be to give people minimum time frames. I know this is next to impossible on account of each applicant's circumstances being different, but if there was a wish list for process improvements..

Could you give us aspiring Federal employees minimum timelines? Something along the lines of BI will take a minimum of x amount of weeks to complete. VBT will take x weeks to clear, qualifications take x time to verify/process, etc.

Yesterday someone posted that the hell has just begun, but so far this hiring process hasn't been all that bad.
    CBP written test Miami, FL
    11/10/2007
    NOR letter 01/16/2008
    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
    9/4/2009
    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
    never got first)
    qualifications completed
    BI interview 9/30/2009
    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
    poly: Mar 2011
    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• If DHS is reading this forum, can I have a job now?
      You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• If you have to ask about steps, chances are you'll never see a step above step one until you've reached your 11(or 12...if an upgrade comes about).

Steps at the 05-07-09 level pretty much only come into play for people with previous government service.

Comment

• I'll bet at some level, somewhere CBP/DHS is indeed reading this forum.

Be on your best behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            I'll bet at some level, somewhere CBP/DHS is indeed reading this forum.

Be on your best behavior.
            I see you.
            CBP Officer
            Program Manager/TA
            DC area (NTC)
            15 years and still counting baby

Comment

• Originally posted by nate7377 View Post
              I see you.
              Dun Dun Dun.

It would make sense if they were reading it.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                Dun Dun Dun.

It would make sense if they were reading it.
                LOL, You guys are good sport. Man this is a long thread I haven't been in here in awhile.
                CBP Officer
                Program Manager/TA
                DC area (NTC)
                15 years and still counting baby

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtStyx View Post
                  Sakic,

It's not time to worry yet, Scout. I had the same issue with my letter. All mail sent to IA is first routed to a different address so that it can be scanned/inspected for harmful substances and such. It adds about 8 days to the mailings. My IA told me not to stress too much about the 30 day deadline. They use it as a guideline and they also understand the slow down in the mail. You sent it and you have the receipt. So just go back to normal wait mode. A NOPA response may take 3 months to over a year to hear anything back from. Most applicants that have posted their situations here have stated that they never hear anything at all from IA. One day they log onto CASS and they have their green check mark. In short, save your $17 for another overnight package to IA, wait an additional week, then try to get a hold of your adjudicator. Good luck
                  It's not the wait on my BI to clear that has me worried. I'm just concerned that they never received it. Either it never made it there, or the carrier didn't scan it like he's supposed to.

I just want to confirm that they got it so I can go back to forgetting that I ever began this hellish process.

How'd you contact your adjudicator? The NOPA gives me a name, but no phone or email.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                    You can get a bike used for a few bucks down there. There are literally hundreds of abandoned bikes laying around the Taj or people that are graduating are trying to off load theirs for a few bucks.

Buying a car is challenging. GA state law says you must have a valid GA drivers license to register a car there so if your an out of stater you would have to register it in FL.
                    I dont kno whether the original guy meant bike as in motorcycle but its not that hard to get a car/motorcycle here. I bought a motorcycle in Atlanta the first wknd I got here and I did a Licensing Power of Attorney before I left and had a friend license and register the bike for me and sent me the plates and Im good to go. I, too, looked on Craigslist and found numerous motorcycles I was interested in and they're alot cheaper here than back where Im from. Feel free to email me if you got any other questions.
                    Test: 12/8/08
                    EOD: June 22, 2009
                    Class 960
                    FLETC Graduation Date: October 28, 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                      It's not the wait on my BI to clear that has me worried. I'm just concerned that they never received it. Either it never made it there, or the carrier didn't scan it like he's supposed to.

I just want to confirm that they got it so I can go back to forgetting that I ever began this hellish process.

How'd you contact your adjudicator? The NOPA gives me a name, but no phone or email.
                      Mine was the same way. I wrote a letter to my adjudicator and asked her for her contact info the day after I received my NOPA. She was very prompt and polite. She gave me her phone number and the address and phone number for the FOIA department since I had asked for it. I sent my response through priority mail. After 12 days, no one had signed for it yet, so I called her. That is when she explained to me about the mail delay and since my 30 day period was about to expire and she could tell I was stressed, she gave me her fax number and told me not to worry about the timeline too much.

In short, they'll get your letter. Try to use this as reassurance and try not to stress too much. My letter took something like 17 days before anyone in D.C. signed for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                        Hey now! Be nice. BoP isn't an easy job. Trust me.
                        Haha, sorry! The job is difficult im sure, but it doesnt excuse 310 women with purple hair and 5 inch fingernails walking around fletc in a BOP outfit! Okay had to get the off my chest!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          Haha, sorry! The job is difficult im sure, but it doesnt excuse 310 women with purple hair and 5 inch fingernails walking around fletc in a BOP outfit! Okay had to get the off my chest!
                          One of the BoP's missions is to train everyone to be a Correctional Officer first... then a nurse, secretary, chaplain, etc. Point being, those women that have 5 inch nails are probably not Correctional Officers (on a day to day basis anyways) and are probably secretaries or nurses, etc. and they're attending training that's mandated. Does it look bad... sure. But you have to look at it from the BoP's perspective. Try paying someone 35k a year to go fight with criminals all day and babysit men and women that have had every privilege and freedom taken away from them. Oh, and you're normally outmanned 130 to 1. You won't necessarily get the best of applicants because it’s such a crazy job... if you can even get any applicants at all. BoP is a tough job for a selected few. It's easy to judge a book by its cover until you've actually read it.

Comment

• It's fairly easy to throw jabs at many of the BOP recruits. It's also fairly easy to throw jabs at more than a few CBPO trainees.

I'll tell you one thing though, you couldn't pay me enough money to work in corrections. Another thing...most of the former BOP/State CO's that I've worked with in CBP tend to be among the most 10-08 guys we've got.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                              One of the BoP's missions is to train everyone to be a Correctional Officer first... then a nurse, secretary, chaplain, etc. Point being, those women that have 5 inch nails are probably not Correctional Officers (on a day to day basis anyways) and are probably secretaries or nurses, etc. and they're attending training that's mandated. Does it look bad... sure. But you have to look at it from the BoP's perspective. Try paying someone 35k a year to go fight with criminals all day and babysit men and women that have had every privilege and freedom taken away from them. Oh, and you're normally outmanned 130 to 1. You won't necessarily get the best of applicants because it’s such a crazy job... if you can even get any applicants at all. BoP is a tough job for a selected few. It's easy to judge a book by its cover until you've actually read it.
                              I wasn't dissing the job or the work. Im simply saying if you're gonna send people to a training center like FLETC, they should enforce some sort of grooming standards. We used to say "are those the guards or the actual prisoners?" Yes, it was that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                                Could it be that I was born in a communist country?
                                I don't think it matters if you're Canadian.

Timelines:

CBPO
                                App: 2/12/09
                                Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                                Written: 2/20/09
                                NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                                TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                                App: 5/5/09
                                Geo: San Diego
                                Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                                NOR: 7/20/09
                                Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                                TO: 10/6/09
                                Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                                Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                                Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                                App: 8/17/10
                                Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                                TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14427 users online. 467 members and 13960 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X