Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was offered a job for Border Patrol Agent but declined. Now I am going for the CBPO position. I already have a background check, drug test, and medical done from the Border Patrol. I just scheduled my VBT. Are there any suggestion for preparing for the test and approximatley how long until the application process should be done? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsgonzo
      woot got my NOR for my VBI today in the mail. "Eligible" yep thats what it said

it hasn't clear on cass yet though. I thought that was strange. also my work experience / qualifications hasn't cleared either, but my employment forms has. any dice on the situation? is that the last step?
      check CASS on tuesday around 12:30 in the afternoon it should change then.

Comment

• Medical exam

To all that have completed the procees and are waiting as well as those with EODs, congrats. I am currently on a fit test hold but will be taking my medical exam next week. I am a bit older than most, 46, and want to be sure I am prepared. Aside from the; vission, hearing, EKG, duck walk, reflexes, gutt probe... I am looking for any insight into what else can be expected, ex; roadsides, standin on head, holding breath, etc.

Seriously though, any information would be greatly appreciated so that I am prepared. I would hate to waste my 104 written (vet pref), a GS7 offer, and the opportunity to make it in a federal LE position under the age cap wire as well as picking up the GOV Hummer at GS11 (in my dreams). I have made it this far in the process and just have this hurdle. Any information, no matter how insignificant, is welcome.

Thanks and keep on keeping on.

Comment

• So is starting pay for a g5 BPA $30,000 yr? If its on here already sorry, looked through a few pages didnt see it.

I'm testing on the 21st of this month.

Whats the avg first and second year BPA making?

Thanks

Comment

• Does anyone know if FLETC is 5 days a week or six? Thanks in advance!

Wannabee, Google GS payscale, all the info will be there!
            Last edited by CHARLIE-ECHO; 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM. Reason: edit
            Best wishes,
            Charlie-Echo
            CBPO new hire

Comment

• Originally posted by WannaBeSheriff View Post
              So is starting pay for a g5 BPA $30,000 yr? If its on here already sorry, looked through a few pages didnt see it.

I'm testing on the 21st of this month.

Whats the avg first and second year BPA making?

Thanks
              BPA won't be on here, since this thread is for Customs and Border Protection Officers. Two totally different jobs. Do a Google search for GL pay scales, and you'll find it. BP is on the GL scale, while CBPO's are on the GS scale. At least as far as I know.
              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
              March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
              July 09 Oral Board
              Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
              Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

um ok. I wish I had your knowledge.

Does the cass system only update like once a month?
                no it doesnt update monthly. however I have kept a record of updates and noticed when you receive a letter stating this whatever section your receiving results on are they update on tuesday or thursday after the noon time. I used to get letter on Saturdays my CASS would update on tues or thurs and I received all my phone calls on Tuesdays. This was a pattern I noticed and kepped track of. Since your here in houston I take it you know the airport and seaport are no longer one entity. They seperated last October and The Area Port Director was the Assisstant area port director in Miami. He is very cool!! very proactive and enforcement minded, he told us he has big plans for the seaport and told us 3 newbies that we came in at the right time. I am super stoked and ready to come back.

I leave April 23 class CBPI-841

Comment

• Originally posted by CHARLIE-ECHO View Post
                  Does anyone know if FLETC is 5 days a week or six? Thanks in advance!

Wannabee, Google GS payscale, all the info will be there!
                  its five days now. after APril 1 its five. if you can take your car you can leave after class but must be back that night and can leave the weekend if you want. if you take your car you get reimbursed the cost it would be if you flew and you receive that when you get back from club fed. does this help?

Comment

• it wont matter which one BPA or CBP when after june both will have 12c and once you reach a gs-11 in CBP all pay is the same from gs-11 and gl-11 to gs-15 and gl-15.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1811 View Post
                      its five days now. after APril 1 its five. if you can take your car you can leave after class but must be back that night and can leave the weekend if you want. if you take your car you get reimbursed the cost it would be if you flew and you receive that when you get back from club fed. does this help?

Thanks for the update, I plan on flying home a couple of weekends!!
                      Best wishes,
                      Charlie-Echo
                      CBPO new hire

Comment

• Just to add..

Originally posted by cbp1811 View Post
                        As cbp1811 mentioned (5 days). I will add the Duration is 105 days (including your weekends off). So, you are looking at 3 1/2 months away from family and friends to further your career in Federal Gov't work.

Comment

• any information regarding the VBT would be great...thanks all

Comment

• In the requirements of the CBP opening at GL-5 you need experience "of which at least one year must have been comparable in level of difficulty and responsibility to grade GL-4 in the federal service"

Could anybody clarify what sort of responsibility or jobs that are associated with the GL-4 level?

I've got 3 years of full time college under my belt and 2 months of Auxillery policing but work full time as a janitor and am trying to see if I can still qualify and start a decent career.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHARLIE-ECHO View Post
                              Thanks for the update, I plan on flying home a couple of weekends!!
                              just remember you must be in class on time monday morning so best be back at FLETC on SUnday night. its an hour from jacksonville to brunswick!

Comment

I live in conroe and I want the seaport I just don't want the drive but I'll suck it up. I'll ride my motorcycle for saving gas mileage

anywhoo if I end up with airport I'll be just fine because my buddies are there with TSA (I'm former TSA for a lil bit) Was breaking even on with the driving and it being part time I had to leave.

cross your fingers for me to get the sea port though

Gonzo, how long was it before you got the call for new hire orientation with TSA? I just finished the medical, and will use TSA as experience to get into CBP in the future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9541 users online. 456 members and 9085 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X