300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    I guess its random unless they have something they want a poly to help clear up. If you have no skeletons in your closet, probably just random. Odd that it would come from MHC, i thought it was a BI's perrogative?
    By the way, i still cant figure how you got into TSU before your BI cleared, did it ever clear in CASS or just go straight to TSU?
    Could it be that I was born in a communist country?
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
      Could it be that I was born in a communist country?
      Nah, Obama would probably have you pushed right through...

Comment

Ha Ha Ha. So do you have to go through a polygraph at the academy anyway?
        TO: 4/09/09
        Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
        TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
          Ha Ha Ha. So do you have to go through a polygraph at the academy anyway?
          Nope. Its just an option for the investigators to use during the BI.

Comment

Hahahaha so true

Comment

HAHA, so is that what it takes!!!! Well dang.......I'll continue to wait then!!!! God bless America on this 9/11!!!!!!
              TO-6/16/08
              TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Since the topic of BI's was brought up the way they are done is as follows. I am giving general policy so I don't give away anything that CBP might want to keep quite. First all of the automated checks (credit, NCIC, etc) are done, by either IA or OPM. If everything comes back clean and your SF86 doesn't' reveal any issues you are given an interim clearance. Your file then gets in line waiting for OPM/IA to farm it out to an investigator or company. Once it gets in the hands of the investigator they have a certain number of days to get the investigation complete, normally within 30 days. For an SSBI there are specific requirements that mus be filled. These include the number of neighbors, number of co-workers, rental records, police records, etc. When you are interviewed you will go over the SF-86, any other questions deemed to be needing an answer, and any a list of questions required by CBP. The investigator goes home and types up the investigation. Even though there are a lot of data points required to complete the investigation it only takes about an hour or two to type one up and send it out. If there are any pieces of information that need to be collected unavailable to the investigator they will schedule it out to another investigator. Or, if discovered by OPM/IA they will schedule it out for completion to the appropriate area. This is where the process slows down, not that it was lightening fast to begin with. Everything goes to the adjudicator, where everything is read and compared to ensure it makes sense and any issues are cleared up.

It only takes a couple hours to type up the report, but it takes several hours to read one and can take a couple days to sort through and compare all of the information. If any questions remain the adjudicator can request more information from you, kick the report back to the investigator, or issue a NOPA depending on the information required. My most recent investigation was rather simple. It covered three locations with one only requiring personal references, but it is still well over 150 pages. Once all of the information is reviewed a decision is taken on your file. This next part is conjecture. The adjudicator writes justification for their decision and forwards it the file to their supervisor who takes the final decision.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                  Since the topic of BI's was brought up the way they are done is as follows. I am giving general policy so I don't give away anything that CBP might want to keep quite. First all of the automated checks (credit, NCIC, etc) are done, by either IA or OPM. If everything comes back clean and your SF86 doesn't' reveal any issues you are given an interim clearance. Your file then gets in line waiting for OPM/IA to farm it out to an investigator or company. Once it gets in the hands of the investigator they have a certain number of days to get the investigation complete, normally within 30 days. For an SSBI there are specific requirements that mus be filled. These include the number of neighbors, number of co-workers, rental records, police records, etc. When you are interviewed you will go over the SF-86, any other questions deemed to be needing an answer, and any a list of questions required by CBP. The investigator goes home and types up the investigation. Even though there are a lot of data points required to complete the investigation it only takes about an hour or two to type one up and send it out. If there are any pieces of information that need to be collected unavailable to the investigator they will schedule it out to another investigator. Or, if discovered by OPM/IA they will schedule it out for completion to the appropriate area. This is where the process slows down, not that it was lightening fast to begin with. Everything goes to the adjudicator, where everything is read and compared to ensure it makes sense and any issues are cleared up.

It only takes a couple hours to type up the report, but it takes several hours to read one and can take a couple days to sort through and compare all of the information. If any questions remain the adjudicator can request more information from you, kick the report back to the investigator, or issue a NOPA depending on the information required. My most recent investigation was rather simple. It covered three locations with one only requiring personal references, but it is still well over 150 pages. Once all of the information is reviewed a decision is taken on your file. This next part is conjecture. The adjudicator writes justification for their decision and forwards it the file to their supervisor who takes the final decision.
                  If the initial adjudicator finds you unsuitable after all is said and done (nopa's, kick backs, rewrites, etc) do they still have to forward that to their sups for that decision to stand? Or do the only forward it for final approval if they want to find a person suitable?

Comment

Haha, actually that looks like the class photo for Bureau of Prisons.
                    Hey now! Be nice. BoP isn't an easy job. Trust me.

Comment

• Okay, I tried searching, but was not getting any solid results.

Does anyone have an email for IA?

I sent my NOPA response certified mail, but it was either never delivered or the carrier didn't scan it upon delivery.

I went to the post office yesterday and the guy had zero answers for me. He told me to give it another day.

It should have been only two days for delivery and it's now 8 business days!

WTF!!

I would like to email IA to see if they received it.

Or, I guess I might just send it again and attach a letter explaining why I sent it again. Man, am I glad I got my response done within the first week so I have some breathing room on the 30 deadline.

I hate the post office even more now.

Comment

If the initial adjudicator finds you unsuitable after all is said and done (nopa's, kick backs, rewrites, etc) do they still have to forward that to their sups for that decision to stand? Or do the only forward it for final approval if they want to find a person suitable?
                        Like I stated the last part was just conjecture. Since the issues causing approval or rejection are summarized at the begining of the forwarded report, I would imagine the Sup has the final decision in all cases.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• For GS-5 & GS-7 CBP pay do you get paid a base salary? or are there steps? Ive noticed off CBP.gov website there is a PDF file showing GS levels with steps (1-10). I thought steps only begin after GS-11.

Comment

• I just finnished my full ride (5 sec) on the taser, thursday we went through the CS gas then got the OC spray. Pretty sure Ill have to go through that again in FLETC, not looking forward to that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakic View Post
                              Okay, I tried searching, but was not getting any solid results.

Does anyone have an email for IA?

I sent my NOPA response certified mail, but it was either never delivered or the carrier didn't scan it upon delivery.

I went to the post office yesterday and the guy had zero answers for me. He told me to give it another day.

It should have been only two days for delivery and it's now 8 business days!

WTF!!

I would like to email IA to see if they received it.

Or, I guess I might just send it again and attach a letter explaining why I sent it again. Man, am I glad I got my response done within the first week so I have some breathing room on the 30 deadline.

I hate the post office even more now.
                              Sakic,

It's not time to worry yet, Scout. I had the same issue with my letter. All mail sent to IA is first routed to a different address so that it can be scanned/inspected for harmful substances and such. It adds about 8 days to the mailings. My IA told me not to stress too much about the 30 day deadline. They use it as a guideline and they also understand the slow down in the mail. You sent it and you have the receipt. So just go back to normal wait mode. A NOPA response may take 3 months to over a year to hear anything back from. Most applicants that have posted their situations here have stated that they never hear anything at all from IA. One day they log onto CASS and they have their green check mark. In short, save your $17 for another overnight package to IA, wait an additional week, then try to get a hold of your adjudicator. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                                For GS-5 & GS-7 CBP pay do you get paid a base salary? or are there steps? Ive noticed off CBP.gov website there is a PDF file showing GS levels with steps (1-10). I thought steps only begin after GS-11.
                                The way pay works is: If you start at GS-5 step 1 you stay that for a year then go to 7 step 1 then 9 step 1 and finally 11 step 1. You must serve one year at the pay grade before you are eligible for for the next grade increase. You also must serve in the current step for one year before you are eligible for the next step (for the first four steps). So to be eligible for 5 step 2 you have to serve one year at 5 step 1. You won't see step 2 until you hit GS-11 though because you will promote to the next grade instead of the next step.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8993 users online. 463 members and 8530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X