300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burrell707 View Post
    Man I hope they call Monday and I can get in Tuesday! Im not too worried. I keep up with my PU and SU and run 4 miles every other day. That is tripping me out how people are failing the step test. When I did it last year, it was cake. That robot voice with that music is kinda funny. Maybe people having trouble with that cadence.
    Ya I hear ya, I tried to scheldule it the next day when I got the call, but they have to overnight the package to the clinic, so I had to wait an extra day or 2, also depends on if the clinic is booked or not. You will be fine then, it's just getting back into TSU, especially with Oct 1 approaching !!! Good luck, let us know when you pass!!!
    TO-6/16/08
    TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Waiting...

I have been waiting in TSU since 3/12/09 for Florida all other...anybody else here for FL?....184 days waiting....and waiting.....and waiting.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TXCBP View Post
        Ya I hear ya, I tried to scheldule it the next day when I got the call, but they have to overnight the package to the clinic, so I had to wait an extra day or 2, also depends on if the clinic is booked or not. You will be fine then, it's just getting back into TSU, especially with Oct 1 approaching !!! Good luck, let us know when you pass!!!
        I got the packet in the mail to sign off saying I have not had any medical changes. I faxed it to them last week. How long does it usually take for them to call you to schedule to retake the physical?

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
          I got the packet in the mail to sign off saying I have not had any medical changes. I faxed it to them last week. How long does it usually take for them to call you to schedule to retake the physical?
          For me it was a few weeks after my med updated that i had to schedule my PT redo.

Comment

Man I hope they call Monday and I can get in Tuesday! Im not too worried. I keep up with my PU and SU and run 4 miles every other day. That is tripping me out how people are failing the step test. When I did it last year, it was cake. That robot voice with that music is kinda funny. Maybe people having trouble with that cadence.
            They are going to pull you for medical too. I was pulled for medical a week ago and they sent me the forms to fill out, send back. Then I was informed that I was being pulled for the physical too. ( few days later) I got the call this week to re take my physical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Federalyhood View Post
              I have been waiting in TSU since 3/12/09 for Florida all other...anybody else here for FL?....184 days waiting....and waiting.....and waiting.....
              Yeah, I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Look at my signature for how long I've been tinkering with this job. From what the VBT administrator told me, there's a huge line of people waiting to get into MIA or the port of Miami (don't know about JAX, Tampa or the rest of the state). I changed my Geographic preference twice per DHS' recommendation before the hiring process began for me, so we'll see how long it takes once my BI clears. We might end up at FLETC at the same time.
              CBP written test Miami, FL
              11/10/2007
              NOR letter 01/16/2008
              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
              9/4/2009
              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
              never got first)
              qualifications completed
              BI interview 9/30/2009
              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
              poly: Mar 2011
              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Well they all seem to go differently, but in the couple times ive had one its been:
                They pulled my credit, interviewed me, then went to see all my buddies and bosses. Granted i had the same person both times so i assume that is just her preferred method. The time is impossible to predict. Some clear in a month, others take a year or more.
                When they interviewed you, did they just go over what you filled out in equip and the other forms you sent in or were the questions unrelated to the info you already provided?
                CBP written test Miami, FL
                11/10/2007
                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                9/4/2009
                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                never got first)
                qualifications completed
                BI interview 9/30/2009
                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                poly: Mar 2011
                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by tippmann87 View Post
                  Well for me my PT expired before my Medical.
                  TO-6/16/08
                  TSU-E.TX 12/01/08

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                    I'm having a hell of a time using the Search feature on here. I was able to use it fine to search for prior posts in the past but haven't been able to get results recently.

I'm finally nearing the end of my pre-employment process for CBP and I only have the BI to go through.

Other than $2300 or so that I owe Amex and the mortgage on the house, I don't have any debt, and I have zero criminal history so I don't anticipate the BI to take too long.

Do any of you already in FLETC or already in CBP remember what was investigated first? Were your neighbors interviewed first? Did the FBI or whoever is doing the BI show up at your workplace to speak with your supervisor? Do you recall roughly how long the BI took?

thanks in advance
                    My friend, you are no where near the end of the pre-employment process. The hell has just begun.

Comment

When they interviewed you, did they just go over what you filled out in equip and the other forms you sent in or were the questions unrelated to the info you already provided?
                      Basically they go over every inch of the SF86 and then they'll just basically open it up to whatever they feel is of interest to their case.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Look at my signature for how long I've been tinkering with this job. We might end up at FLETC at the same time.
                        I doubt it. He's been in TSU since March of this year. I'd imagine that you will go into TSU by November.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                        PE Forms - Completed
                        Fitness - Completed
                        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                        Drug Screen - Completed
                        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                        TSU

EOD: ???
                        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
                          Maybe you can form a Boffing Club at the academy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol_CoHA9fAY

Comment

• To quote OGRE from Revenge of the Nerds:

"NEEEEERRRRDDDDSSSSSS!!!"

Comment

This might be of some help........
                              If you go into cbp.gov and under careers for cbpo and click on fitness requirements and then click on fitness testing fact sheet begining July 1,2009. Theres a chart there toward the end that breaks down how many points you get for however many pu, su, etc. you complete. Passing score is 80 which in my opinion anyone is very well capable of achieving. Like TXCBP said the step is where people are having the most trouble and getting DQ.

Good luck to you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SevenSixTwo View Post
                                Not quite TSU yet eh?

"You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps. "

I remember when it used to say, "...you have been referred to the TSU..."
                                Looks like we're on the boat......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8008 users online. 360 members and 7648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X